400 FPS limit broken - AirBow

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by condornh, Jan 10, 2016.

1. condornh

condornh New Member

Well look at this. This has been around about 7 years, but a first time form a manufacturer.

Attached Files:

2. Buckstop515

Buckstop515 Well-Known Member

looks like a gun and it sounds like a gun. Its a gun!!! What is the saying about a pig with lipstick.

3. thirdhandman

thirdhandman Senior Member

Where is the bow????? JMO but it appears to be an air gun that happens to shoot arrows. Could be a poachers favorite new toy.

4. Tim50

Tim50 Well-Known Member

I don't understand the BOW part either!

5. TheHammer

TheHammer Active Member

No Bow about it.
    Gimme my Switchback.

myayers likes this.
  6. Nick71

Nick71 Member

I wonder about broadheads flight at that speed...

7. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

Not a bow, it's an arrow bazooka. I think I'll pass on this one.

Bobby

8. Cossack

Cossack Incurable Tinkerer

No string, no bow. Airgun pure and simple; can do the same thing with a muzzleloader

myayers likes this.
  9. Buckstop515

Buckstop515 Well-Known Member

I have been a proponent of crossbows included in archery seasons since owning my first true hunt worthy model. I will never understand the closed mindedness of vertical users with a anti crossbow sentiment, other than pure selfishness and the fear crossbows will bring more hunters to the field. Crossbows and vertical bows share operational functions and other aspects save for the holding method of the crossbow they aren't guns.

Enter the airbow, the only thing this has in common with archery is the broadhead stuck on the end of a projectile. This thing has no business being referred to as an archery product let alone ever being considered a bowhunting weapon. It should have been at the Shot show not the ATA.

Some will say I'm just acting like the anti crossbow crowd when I take a stand against the Airbow as an archery method. I say hogwash this isnt a bow, has nothing in common with a bow and is a gun. No string, no bow, Goes bang.

Silverjack, myayers and Old Longhair like this.
  10. Nick71

Nick71 Member

First I'll tell that I don't like that weapon at all and I wouldn't buy it, even if, where I live, it could be used for hunting.
    That air rifle doesn't have, for me, any of the fascination that bows and crossbows have.
    That said, I suppose that, at 450 fps, its effective hunting range isn't much more than the one of a 400 fps + crossbow, assuming that, with a broadhead, it can still be accurate at that speed, so, to tell the truth, I don't understand why it should be allowed, if it should be allowed at all, in the gun season only.

myayers likes this.
  11. Nick71

Nick71 Member

I perfectly agree about the fact it isn't an archery product at all, tho !!

12. cbhunter

cbhunter Active Member

Can we discuss whether this shoots a bolt or an arrow? JUST KIDDING. IMHO though, this is a hunting weapon and deserves a place in the hunting season. I believe this place would be under the "primitive weapon" season in place for muzzle loaders. This weapon is also a muzzle loader and simple enough to treat it as such.

13. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

I could live with that.

Bobby

14. JOE PA

JOE PA Member

400 fps "limit" was shattered by Scorpyd and a few other crossbows that, you know, actually use LIMBS and cams. This thing is not a bow of any kind.

myayers likes this.
  15. fbg14619

fbg14619 New Member

+1 Don't see why this airgun has the word bow as part of its name. tranquilizer guns are modified to
    shoot darts. The arrow is like a big dart

16. Silverjack

Silverjack Active Member

I questioned the weapon being called a bow the first time I saw it.I'd go along with calling it a muzzle loading arrow launcher !

17. AndyC

AndyC Member

Though it has no physical similarly to a crossbow, except that it shoots an arrow, marketing has decided its name believing the archery/crossbow connection will sell more units.

18. bunyip slayer

bunyip slayer Active Member

Reminds me when younger me,my mates would make the big p.v.c pipe ,spud ,flyspry,bozokas,the breach,had a clicker lighter ,we would stixk arrows through spuds,put that spud with the arrow down the tube,open a hole,put in the spray ect..

19. Bobby

Bobby Member