Barnett Recruit Crossbow

Discussion in 'Barnett Crossbows' started by urban legend, Jan 11, 2013.

1. flexfire

flexfire Member

That it is.. i have sen't the Ghost 410 and recruit to get some repairs done nothen to be alarmed about just a loose trigger on the 410 wrong emblem place on the side and the recruit has some butt stock issues with adjusting screws coming undone but with all that i love them i'm really shock by how the vengeance performance is and quiet it is as far as i'm concerned it's flawless i just have a problem with Barnett not telling us were going to be needing some cheap practice bolts i went threw 4 boxes of bolts and some i even robin hooded like twice some went right threw the bag into the other target. i'm all ready now all i need to do is sight in my Browning 30-06

2. tpcollins

tpcollins Active Member

What happened to Redpaw_TheArcher - did he ever get his Recruit?

3. Redpaw_TheArcher

Redpaw_TheArcher Active Member

Explain later, great good story... Fighting weather right now and finishing coats on products found in signature. Stay warm and thanks for asking.

4. stevinator

stevinator Active Member

This thread was started a year ago when UL went to the Trade Show and told us about these.Well I purchased one in October and can tell you I am very pleased with it for the price.I have owned 4 crossbows all in the 300 dollar range since getting started a few years ago.1 Horton 1 wicked ridge and 2 barnetts ,one a jackal and lastly the recruit.The recruit is the only one I have left after selling off the other ones,Not that the others were bad,this bow just works for me and the way i hunt.The raptor would be like this one on steroids but they weren't out when I bought this.Many thought that as hooked as I am on these I would have a real expensive one by now.But the best thing is you can keep a couple real nice x-bows around for 600 bucks easy,they are that good!

5. tpcollins

tpcollins Active Member

After getting my 6 year old grandson to shoot a youth sized muzzleloader last summer, and the fun we had on the youth hunt last September, plus hunting on Thanksgiving, I thought he could shoot a small crossbow easier than getting him to shoot a compound so he accompany me during the archery season and be able to humanely harvest a deer. So after a ton of research, I decided the Barnett Recruit compound package was pretty good based on all of the the positive reviews.

Amazon.com had the package deal for $250, no tax, free shipping, 0% for 6 months, so I ordered it Thursday - got shipping confirmation it will be here Monday - can't wait. As soon as I get a Cabela's discount coupon, I'll order the Caldwell Deadshot Chairpod to help the youngster shoot it more safely - I might even use it myself!

6. Ridgerunr69

Ridgerunr69 New Member

Just bought the recruit compound, very easy to put together, was taking shots in about half hour/ fourty five minutes. Getting red dot sight sighted in took maybe 7-8 shots. Went out hunting with it and it's light, easy to cock and I'm real happy I bought it

7. celticwolf210

celticwolf210 Member

I bought a recruit this year and love it. Awesome little crossbow. Got a fat doe the monday before thanksgiving at 35 yards. The red dot sight isn't my favorite but it worked out really well. I lucked up and the dots came out to be 20, 35, and 50 yards. That thing is accurate out to 50 yards too. I decided to go with fixed blades on it(Hartcraft Exchange) instead of expandables like my Barnett Predator.

Attached Files: