Barnett Recruit Crossbow

Discussion in 'Barnett Crossbows' started by urban legend, Jan 11, 2013.

1. flexfire

flexfire Member

Well.. thank's Jesse sound's good June is good ,Razr for me and 2 Recrutes for the wife and her sister wonderful.when are your guy's going to show more videos on your new 2013 crossbows i like to see some unboxing to see all we get and shooting some targets i'm shore i'm not the only one asking you this and june is some way's away so jesse see what you can do for us on this all we got is the show shot video

2. barnettxbows400

barnettxbows400 Barnett Representative

Flex,

No problem. I just sent off an e-mail to our media department in regards to promotional videos. As soon as I hear back from them, I will let you know.

-Jesse

3. flexfire

flexfire Member

I thought the release of this crossbow was this month if it is where is it?

4. barnettxbows400

Flex,

The Ghost 410 and the BCX are currently shipping. After they leave the distribution centers, you should begin to start seeing them.

-Jesse

5. 70 year old rookie

70 year old rookie New Member

I'm looking at crossbows since recent health issues have forced me to lower the draw weight on my vertical bow. Ideally the crossbow would be light, easy to cock, and pack a healthy and accurate punch out to 40 yards. I was thinking Ghost 350 until I saw the reviews on the Recruit compound here. Barnett site claims 100# energy and 300fps for the Recruit compound and 91# and 315fps for the Jackal. Specs show same arrow being used. Am I missing something? How can a mass at a higher speed generate less energy than the same mass 15fps slower? More importantly, what am I sacrificing with the Recruit vs the Ghost 350 for lighter weight and easier cocking?

Thanks,

Bill

6. ghostgoblin22

ghostgoblin22 Active Member

the recruit doesn have as much as a power stroke as the jackal, thats what the barnett bows are famous for, that long power stroke, look at the specs on that you will see jackall has more weight on the power stroke

7. barnettxbows400

Bill,

I did the math as well, and we are looking into it. The Ghost 350 offers a higher speed and velocity than the Recruit. However the Recruit is lighter in weight and features a more compact design. That is the trade off between those two bows. Either one will put meat in the freezer. Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Jesse

8. briarpatch

briarpatch Senior Member

Have always been a Parker guy....but this offering from Barnett made me stop and take notice. My daughter may be hunting with me next year, and this would definitely make a good crossbow for her. Will look forward to its release and subsequent reviews.....

9. Redpaw_TheArcher

Redpaw_TheArcher Active Member

June 1st is just too far away, why god why do I have to wait..... Waaaaaa.

I say this every morning in the mirror, knowing full well that I can't bribe a damn person to get me one any sooner for mothers day gift. We all know that Barnett made a few of these models and passed them around for testing, promotions..... I'd be happy right now with a prototype!!!! LOL

this is a definite sell for me, the recruit is a great compliment to the ghost 350 and my wife might actually let me have my ghost 350 back.

Come on June 1st, come on Barnett. I'll be the first in my state to own one... That's a fact.

10. bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947 Well-Known Member

Welcome to CBN. Patience my friend.

11. Redpaw_TheArcher

Thanks Bobbyd,
    Tick tick tick... Another day checked off.

12. Redpaw_TheArcher

Tick tick tick..... 3 more days off the calendar.

Yes, I'm really going to push this issue. I want it now.

Gear up, it's going to be a stellar year Barnett.

13. Redpaw_TheArcher

Just scored the Nikon Bolt XR with 32x. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks without that Recruit to put it on.....tick tick tick scratch off another day.

14. Redpaw_TheArcher

Hey Jesse,
    How's the release date looking for Barnett Recruit Compound Core Crossbow?.

Ticking tick tick..... Checking those days off.

I'd like to pre-order in my area. I need word.

15. barnettxbows400

Red,

We are on time. They will leave our facility the begining of next month. Where are you located?

-Jesse

16. Redpaw_TheArcher

Jesse,
    Salem Oregon. I have a Sportsmans Warehouse within a few miles.

Thanks for the quick reply, your friend on the range.

Redpaw

17. barnettxbows400

Redpaw,

Not a problem sir, Goodluck,

-Jesse

Redpaw_TheArcher likes this.
  18. JCAT

JCAT Active Member

Jesse, will the recruit compound come with the string stops as shown in some photos, or be avalible as an add on, hope so!! CAN'T WAIT THIS SHOULD BE ONE NICE LITTLE CROSSBOW!!!!

Jeeptag and Redpaw_TheArcher like this.
  19. Redpaw_TheArcher

I think what bugs me most, is that there is very little overall info on Barnetts page for this crossbow that is due to be released in less than a week.

New Photos?....no
    Demo video?....no
    Marketing video?....no

Nada. I'd love to see an interactive image, finger spin different angles, pinch zoom, word balloons indicating key features....

Oh, and a better iPad interface for the Barnett website. It doesn't work on the iPad. Clicking links...nope. Remove pop up video for Evo?.. Drop down boxes don't work,........nope nothing works from the get go for IPad users.

Eager to purchase, but marketing for this model is lacking.

Tick, tick, tick..... 1 week.

20. Lady Dragon

Lady Dragon Member

Six days, and counting.. I really want this one.. Where and who can I buy this from on the first because sportsman warehouse can't get their crap together through corporate to even let me know if I can buy one from their store, and I want overnight shipping... Meaning June 2nd I want it in my possession.. Happy Memorial Day vets...