Barnett Recruit Crossbow

Discussion in 'Barnett Crossbows' started by urban legend, Jan 11, 2013.

1. littleboober

littleboober New Member

jesse- aloha from hawaii. hope all is well. quick question regarding the recruit crossbow 2013...... will there be enough room to mount a light on the bottom of the stock? perhaps with the quiver off? also, what grain broadhead do you recommend for this model? what would be the maximum distance you'd pull the trigger on an animal with this model/strength etc...? thanks, littleboober

2. littleboober

littleboober New Member

jesse- also, does the Recruit come with the wildcat cable slide? and if not, can you insert one on your own accord? and lastly, do you need a rope cocking device for this model? in my case i iam more than capable in strength and in health :)

thx- littleboober

jesse- aloha from hawaii. hope all is well. quick question regarding the recruit crossbow 2013...... will there be enough room to mount a light on the bottom of the stock? perhaps with the quiver off? also, what grain broadhead do you recommend for this model? what would be the maximum distance you'd pull the trigger on an animal with this model/strength etc...? thanks, littleboober

- See more at: http://www.crossbownation.com/forum/topic/23179-barnett-recruit-crossbow/page-3#sthash.9clGhcVX.dpuf

3. barnettxbows400

barnettxbows400 Barnett Representative

Good morning and Aloha. Yes the Recruit compound will have a 7/8 picatinny rail that you would be able to mount a light to. You may have to remove the quiver in order for it to fit. As far as ethical hunting ranges, it all depends. I would not hesitate to shoot at 40 yards with this bow. 300 FPS with a 400 GN arrow is plenty enough to shoot that distance. You can shoot either 100 or 125 GN broadheads, the package will come with three arrows as well as three 100 GN fieldtips. You will need to use the rope cocking device which is included with the package. Even though it has a light draw weight, the recruit has a short axel to axel length which causes the string to create a sharp V which will pinch your hands as you draw back the string. We are set to begin shipping product next week. Let me know if you guys have any further questions.

-Jesse

4. ghostgoblin22

ghostgoblin22 Active Member

yall give reviews after it comes out, my wife is wanting a crossbow and im thinking this recruit will be the one

5. littleboober

littleboober New Member

Jesse- does the recruit come with the wildcat cable slide? And if not, does the wildcat cable slide work on the recruit model? Could you just get one on your own n install? Thx, littleboober

6. Redpaw_TheArcher

Redpaw_TheArcher Active Member

I wonder the same thing?, I've seen some bootleg images out there claiming it comes in different colors schemes and without the string stops. I want what is shown on Barnetts site.

7. Redpaw_TheArcher

TICK TICK DING.

Times up Barnett, I'm to trying to be a dick about things, but I've got a wife who really wants your product. I've watched and waited for months now and have seen....

No new info.
    Not a single new video about this new Barnett Recruit.
    No website updates on cool features.
    No "it's here" and ready anywhere follow up.

Your marketing department has failed, I'm ready and willing to toss down good hard cash and I have nothing to say " this is what Barnett has released for us" and I'm left thinking how an a marketing department miss an important product that makes a critical company statement.

It must be so nice that Barnett forgot one of their top of the line products to market......?????

Yeah, you're so rich that you overlooked a key product line?.... Or is it that the end product sucked so bad you wish it was never mentioned?...

Yeah, it's either one or the other. Your new crossbow sucks or your marketing department sucks and dropped the ball. Regardless, explain your stupidity of no videos, no advertisements, no follow up to my wife.... Who's really let down.

Pissed off royally. June 1st means June 1st. Not the first week of June or thereabouts.....

So effin' pissed. Explain this to the owners sons, see if their wife's would wait for your excuses.

Triple dammit.

bigmann292 likes this.
  8. Redpaw_TheArcher

I'm contacting the boys of this company, let me hear them say that their wife's of a few decades would tolerate poor marketing decisions and lack of promotion of a new line....The bread and butter of a company.

Disgruntled?.... That's not even an excuse. Marketing of this Model has FAILED.

Marketing of Barnett's new Crossbow is where?...... a 6 months old shot show youtube video?....really.

YOU are FIRED.

You let my wife down, you let all of us down. You forgot what it means to deliver a good in demand, the basic rules of a business.

Arrrrrrrgh.

so pissed........

9. Redpaw_TheArcher

My local Sportsmans Warehouse finally called me back. Yesterday. Jerrid in the archery department said that corporate never received any type of reply from your company as to product availability or shipping to this region..

So I asked Jerrid,.....

Will you eventually carry Barnett products in your store?. His reply was, we have a Barnett C5 wildcat on stock that hasn't moved in 6 months since we retook over after our bankruptcy......

Dammit.

Now, I realize that I live in the one state of hell that doesn't allow hunting with a crossbow, but.......

There are plenty of people interested in changing that and your marketing and promotions is severely lacking in my state.

Where is the Barnett Recruit, tick tick tick DING.

Your company doesn't respond to corporate inquiries for sales?

Double dammit.

Ships when?.... And to whom in the PNW.

What stores?, ill be camping out?.........

Where dammit.

Triple dammit.

Explain this to the females of the sons who write your pay checks...........

Mines pissed.

10. Redpaw_TheArcher

Ships next week?... Ships soon?

Where in the Pacific Northwest can I be, and purchase a damn Barnett Recruit crossbow on Monday?, Tuesday?.. Anyday next week for that matter?....

Washington?, Oregon? Northern California?...

What store?, what retail store?...

Prove it?,......

You've really let me down, I'm pissed at how you're company hasn't done a damn thing for information, follow up or press releases to state the outcome of this company product.

I'll spend all weekend pissed at you, Monday will be a sh*tstorm of rain.

11. bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947 Well-Known Member

Why don't you just buy a different xbow.

12. Redpaw_TheArcher

Because I don't want an inferior product. I just shot a Horton today, a Horton made famous by a certain zombie show. It sucked. Sucked so bad that I could have used rubber bands stretched across a 4x4 and two 16 penny nails for sights and done better. Sucked so bad that I could cock the damn thing with one hand and I did.

I own my own company, I make decisions. I have clients who count on deadlines, when deadlines aren't met. There are repercussions. If I say the product will be signed off on June 1st and there is a ribbon cutting ceremony, and everyone is taking the day to attend, then we all better be on schedule.

Failure to answer basic phone calls for sales from one corporation to another is inexcusable, failure to answer emails from interested clients, failure....don't update product basics for months?... Failure. Website that doesn't work for the apple products....fail.

Either the products sucks really bad or marketing tanked. Either way, people should be fired. The prototype has been out since the SHOT show, which there has been tons of opportunity to upload any type of vid. Field target vid, hunting vid, tactic cool vid, any type of video to get the name and product out there.... Because Barnett is releasing this model to attract the younger generation, hence "Recruit" and there has been nothing......

Tick tick tick...... Clunk.

So what date is it Barnett?.... Where should I be camping out so my wife can finally get your product?...maybe a Barnett Crossbow LLC. wife would come share a stretch of sidewalk?...yeah bet on that.

13. JCAT

JCAT Active Member

Seems like jesse had no reply to my questions of the string stops and such, I guess we will just have to wait and see the final product our selfs, you would think by now jesse culd post us a picture of the final prouduct, and REDPAW i understand your anguish, because sometimes waiting to long for any product can take the excitement right out of it , that being said however i believe barnett said first of june all along for this model and jesse said they should bee starting to ship anytime now, they better have alot ready right now, because i know a halfdozen people right now that want them,i sure hope this little crossbow is worth the wait for us all!!!!

14. bobbyd1947

How great do you think this xbow is going to be for $299. They have them in the Cabela's catolog.

15. bobbyd1947

Sorry it was Bass pro I saw them in their new archery edition. They say they only come with a rope cocker, nothing else no arrows no quiver and I don't think a scope either. Unless that little thing on top of it is a scope but it doesn't mention it. The time you buy all the accessories you might as well buy a decent xbow with everything with it.

16. JCAT

JCAT Active Member

bobyd, what cabelas catalog do you see them in, and as far as how good can a 299.00$ crossbow be, as long it is relatively trouble free, it will be a great crossbow too bring more people into the sport. And at this price point just might be a revouloutionary crossbow, because shot with 300f.p.s. or 400 f.p.s. or 300.00$ xbow or 1000.00$ xbow, dead is dead, that is the whole point behind this crossbow, and people should be excited about it!!!!

17. bobbyd1947

The Poe Lang xbows are dead on. Maybe the ship from China sank that is why they are delayed.

18. JCAT

JCAT Active Member

bobbyd, What makes up a decent crossbow in your mind, and the recruit crossbow will come with a quiver, 3 arrows and a rope cocker in all the descriptions i have seen, oh and by the way that little thingy on top off the recruit is called a reddot sight, and your last comment was a little off base!!!!

19. bobbyd1947

The description in the Bass Pro book says rope cocker. It does not show a quiver or arrows and does not mention them in the package. And where do you think it is made?

20. bobbyd1947

I just went to Barnett web site and it shows a quiver and arrows but they do not mention them in the description. And how much quality do you really think there is in that scope?