Barnett Recruit Crossbow

Discussion in 'Barnett Crossbows' started by urban legend, Jan 11, 2013.

1. bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947 Well-Known Member

All I am saying is "Caveat emptor"

2. JCAT

JCAT Active Member

I truly don't think barnett subed these out to polang to build, there is to much resemblence to their top of the line razor, wich i believe the recruit was patterned after, but in an obviously much cheaper version.

3. bobbyd1947

I think just about most of their bow parts are made in China but assembled in th US. But so do so many other xbow companies. If they were made completely in the US they could never sell it for $299

4. JCAT

JCAT Active Member

bobbyd, you lost me on that one you'll have to englighten me.

5. bobbyd1947

Most of todays xbows companies have allot of their product made overseas and then assembled over here.

6. JCAT

JCAT Active Member

bobbyd, this is the post you lost me on!

7. bobbyd1947

Sorry it is Latin for buyer beware.

8. JCAT

JCAT Active Member

bobbyd, i guess the point i'am realy trying to make is just because something is cheaper in price, doesn't have to mean it will be any less an effective tool. I personaly own crossbows that have price ranges from 450.00 to 1000.00 and truth be known right now my favorite bow to take in the woods is a parker tomahawk, mainly because off its compact and lightweight feel and handing. However this bow has issues that are well documented by myself and others here at cbn, and i am hoping this new BARNETT RECRUIT will take its place as a lightweight hunting tool without the issues, that to me is exciting at this price range!!!

Redpaw_TheArcher likes this.
  9. bobbyd1947

I also have crossbows like yours. I have a TP Turbo II and a Parker Tomahawk for my girlfriend. I have had no problems with her Tomahawk. and we have shot the heck out of it. I still believe you get what you pay for. Good Luck with the Recruit and sincerely hope it works out for you. I am just wondering why Jesse or any other factory rep has not responded to this on this site.

10. Redpaw_TheArcher

Redpaw_TheArcher Active Member

Considering I've already purchased the Nikon Bolt XR for the recruit, the red dot scope that comes with it might get glued to the hood of my work truck.

I've already scored the Plano Manta case, new scope, rifle sling, rifle swivel hooks, bipod and 3 dozen xx75 magnums for the recruit. This is all for Mothers Day.... She's now waiting for her Mothers Day gift.

The Barnett Recruit.

bobbyd1947 likes this.
  11. barnettxbows400

barnettxbows400 Barnett Representative

Guys,

My apologizes for my lack of participation last week on the forums. We had visitors here at the facility, and I had no time to do my normal work. I will have more detailed answers for you either this afternnon, or in the morning in regards to the Recruit release.

Thank you,
    Jesse

Redpaw_TheArcher likes this.
  12. Redpaw_TheArcher

Well, it's Monday.

I'm going shooting with the Ghost. I've heard nothing from anyone. I'll go to the range and blow off some steam and let this day ride.

13. Redpaw_TheArcher

For the record Jesse, I don't hold you personally responsible for these issues. I respect you. I'm bitter about the issues I've mentioned in my posts and feel that anyone but you should be reading these issues out loud at a high up company meeting.

In this type economy, exposing your product and marketing to the world is everything.

14. barnettxbows400

Redpaw,

I will pass it on for you, and relay detailed info as soon as i receive it.

-Jesse

bpowder likes this.
  15. Redpaw_TheArcher

I spoke with Jesse today, what a great guy. His hands are tied, he has made sure marketing is aware that we have some concerns and we really want to purchase the unit. The phone call ended with myself under the impression of soon.

Soon is just going to have to be this weeks statement.

16. 240m3srt

240m3srt Active Member

LOL Redpaw, you sure stay on top of things. I think this is a really cool crossbow for the price, and i hope to see some feedback after you get yours.

Props to Jesse for always accomodating Barnett customers.

17. flexfire

flexfire Member

I wonder if they still projected it for the 1st...or is the price still the same or changed like the razr did?? well if i don't hear something soon i'll ask for another brand

18. barnettxbows400

Flex,

The MSRP is still set for $299.We will begin shipping this bow to our dealers and distributors towards the end of the month. Once we begin shipping I will post it on this thread. if you have any further questions let me know.

Thank you,
    Jesse

19. Redpaw_TheArcher

End of the month..... Awesome.

So that just means that marketing department is busting their rumps to finally get off the dole and promote this unit?. I so look forward to seeing some new videos..... Any type of videos. Maybe even a website update too with a Coolio two finger twirl image and zoom features showing key components like the RAZR video.

It's good to know we'll see those videos and promotions in the next 7-10 days. I'll set a bookmark ( /sarcasm )

I'll not hold you responsible Jesse, but I'm going to have to explain how the wife's and I's 5 day vacation at the end of June won't be with her Mothers Day gift.

Keep trying Jesse, we know your hands are tied.

20. Jeeptag

Jeeptag Member

Never did see an answer to this question.

String stops as portrayed in pictures since ATA or no?