Barnett Recruit Crossbow

Discussion in 'Barnett Crossbows' started by urban legend, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Redpaw_TheArcher

Redpaw_TheArcher Active Member

Exactly. Thank you. Important fact and data sidestepped.

My wife walks on the door in 35 minutes. She's going to read what is typed here and what I feel is necessary to save the "phantom recruit" for our purchase decisions.

I'm seriously thinking at this point to abandon the "phantom recruit" and just toss her the ghost. I can't count on Barnett at this point not to leave us empty handed through no fault of awesome Jesse or awesome Christine.....on our 5 day vacation.

How does a company function like this? How does a company miss videos, promotions, and individual statewide advertising on various hunting shows for a major product when people are beating down your door asking and willing to purchase your product?

How do I think potential stock investments in any of these sister companies will meet my ROI?.

How do you know if I was only willing to purchase one?..... Just maybe I wanted 5 for starters, and have people lined up locally willing to toss down good money.

Ugh. End of the month. Ugh.

2. Lady Dragon

Lady Dragon Member

Jesse,
    Any word on the release date for the recruit compound? I still really want one, so I'm anxiously waiting.
    Thanks..

3. flexfire

flexfire Member

well i got some good news i know i said i wasn't going to get the razr well it's on now buddy archery starts in October hear and i just like to know when it's going to hit stores i'm getting the wife the recruit and i hope she likes it i will post video bad or good and i just hope they will be everything worth the price

4. ghostgoblin22

ghostgoblin22 Active Member

I saw the recruit compound for sell on bass pro for 299 grim

5. Lady Dragon

Lady Dragon Member

I have seen this on Cabela's and Bass Pro for the price of $299. My question is this... Barnett posted their information as 100 foot pounds of energy, while the other sites listed are advertising it as 80. Now if I do my calculation correctly the recruit at 300fps using the 20" 400 grain arrows that come with it will be shooting at 80 foot pounds, not the 100 Barnett claims.. Am I missing something? Has anyone else noticed this? How is Barnett getting 100 foot pounds out of 300 fps and 400 grain?

In order for me to get the 100 foot pounds I would have to be shooting a 500 grain arrow at 300 fps.

I called Cabela's customer service to see how long the backorder is on the recruit and they said they have not received any information from Barnett as to when they will get a shipment.

6. bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947 Well-Known Member

Your right it is 80 ft lbs. But I wouldn't sweat it, you still have plenty to kill anything in North America.

7. mrmojorisan

mrmojorisan Active Member

Jesse posted earlier that they won't be shipping until the end of this month. Place like Bass Pro and Cabelas will list an item after they place there order to try and get presales lined up. If this is definitely the bow you want, then it doesn't hurt to place your order to ensure you get one from the first shipment (not sure if there will be a run on this bow or not).

8. ghostgoblin22

yeah your right grim my bad

9. Lady Dragon

Lady Dragon Member

OMG.
    I've been working out, really trying to improve my upper body strength and I'm really fine tuned to Redpaws Ghost 350. I was waiting for the recruit to come out, but enough was enough for Redpaw.. So guess what he does????? HHHHMMMMM

HE BOUGHT ME A GHOST ZOMBIE...

Can't wait to get out with it. It's already on its way... :). :).

Mother's Day maybe late but Father's Day is great too..

BTW... Happy Father's Day to you all..

10. bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947 Well-Known Member

Congrats and enjoy.

11. Lady Dragon

Lady Dragon Member

Thank you Bobbyd, I'm tickled thinking of how much fun this is going to be on our 5 day vacation coming up.

He's been working so hard lately running his Biz, and dealing with a lot of local government regulations. I thought he was going to crack there for a while, he's been a little rough around the edges lately and yet he always is a father to my daughters and follows a good path.

Forgive him for losing it from time to time, most of us do. I can't wait to show all of you my new gift.

See you in 48 hours...

12. Krealitygroup

Krealitygroup Active Member

Hey There UL/All

They also have a recurve version of the Recruit, which I'm interested in.. Anyone check this out?

13. Lady Dragon

Lady Dragon Member

Redpaw the archer (known on CBN ) had the original Barnett commando crossbow in the early eighties, and wonders how this recruit recurve will compare because the commando was awesome.. We almost waited long enough to find out, but will never know.. Please let's us know how you like it if and when you get one..

Redpaw_TheArcher likes this.
  14. Redpaw_TheArcher

I still miss that 1980's-ish Commando, true innovation in the self cocking mechanism. Quality brass and ease of use.....its great to see that style of quality still found in todays Xbows from Barnett.

Someone on FB called it a youth bow ( meaning Recruit Compound was only for kids ), and not worthy if it retails for under 500.00.

Sheesh, I'd be proud to own it if it comes as shown in the original pics with string stops and 5 arrow quiver. That is one mighty package at 300fps and 80lbs of KE.

Maybe I'll sell my gold dredge and buy a few or 5....or maybe I'll just work harder and buy one to hang on the wall to stare at. Either way, I'm still waiting to get a final look at it.

....ever think of making a 2 shot crossbow in semi auto version?. split limbs, each firing separately yet one draw per two shot?.....dual trigger?. with a 50mm scope and variable magnification lit ??

yeah, get on it. LOL

15. ghostgoblin22

you can find the jackal under 300 bucks now, and that sucker is a performer, and looks awesome that's the one ill buying most likely for a backup bow, heck If It outperforms my wicked ridge I might take the jackal out more

Gilles Quenneville likes this.
  16. Redpaw_TheArcher

Ive never done the Jackal. You sound like you have though, pretty nice?...well made?. ( runs off to go look for videos )

Ah yes, the Jackal. I compared it a few weeks back to the potential recruit. I remember the Hog Hunting video on YT using the jackal and was impressed. There are a lot of great reviews on Amazon for this Jackal. The only reason we didn't go with a Jackal was the Limb Width was wider than the Ghost.

I was trying to keep as narrow as possible in width and length and have a fair amount of draw & KE when deciding what to do for 2nd choice for Potential Recruit for the Lady.

That Jackal was my next choice had she said NO to the Zombie.

17. ghostgoblin22

my best friend owns one, he introduced me to Barnett basically...and that sucker was fast when I first saw it shoot, seemed like faster than 315 fps, he was hitting bulls eye from 60 yards, it performed just like a Barnett ghost 410 would just not as fast of course
    but the sucker is very light and balanced, I would prolly buy the jackal before the recruit, I know the recruit looks cool and all but the jackal is the most underrated bow Barnett has and most unique

18. Redpaw_TheArcher

It is easily right now the most popular for videos and user reviews, I believe you. 315 fps is not a joke. Had she said no to the Zombie, I'd be reviewing one on video two days ago.

19. ghostgoblin22

yeah I know a lot of jackal owners who like their jackal more than their more expensive bows

20. Redpaw_TheArcher

Am I right in seeing the Jackal does not include cocking rope?

I just saw the jackal for 274 and change.