Barnett Vengeance review. Pics welcome!

Discussion in 'Barnett Crossbows' started by 240m3srt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Openseason

Openseason Active Member

Return it and buy a scorpyd you won't regret it

2. bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947 Well-Known Member

You going to feel the same way if your bow doesn't come back by Saturday?

3. Openseason

Openseason Active Member

Yes because I just shot my ventilator with dime size groups at 50 yards with broadheads I was just pissed because I really wanted to hammer a deer with my velocity bobby...and Rex told me I should have it tomorrow talk to him about an hour ago so still could have the velocity ready for opening day on Sunday...

4. bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947 Well-Known Member

That's good news.

5. 240m3srt

240m3srt Active Member

You just bought this thing and are giving up on it already?

I shot consistant groups 1" groups at 50yd with my Vengeance and FP's. Maybe the scope install, the arrows, or the fact that the bow was not new in box. But i would not give up on Vengeance that easy, its one hell of a bow.

6. Suny6point

Suny6point New Member

240m3srt, Thanks for the encouragement. Im not giving up yet. Hopefully this weekend i will get a chance to try some things. I know its capable of holding a group, I've seen it. It ticks me off that the store was not willing to help more since they screwed up installing the scope. I went to this store because its close by and i want to see them make a go of it but not so sure that was a good decision now.

7. OverseaXbow

OverseaXbow New Member

8. mrmojorisan

mrmojorisan Active Member

I would bypass your dealer and contact Barnett directly... sounds like a scope issue to me if the timing is on. If you want, get a fine tip marker or sharpie. Follow the limbs and draw a line on your cams (each side of each limb). Number one, this makes good timing marks for the future should you need to re-string, and also it makes it easier to see if the timing is off. Look at the marks on the cams and compare both... lines should be in the same spot on each cam.

9. Professional_Slacker

Professional_Slacker New Member

Greetings all. I have been researching the Barnett Vengeance on here for a little while and got mine last night in the mail. One thing I noticed assembling it was that the stirrup seems like it was an after thought to a really well laid out design. The mounting is a little hokie and the part itself just seems cheap compared to everything else on this crossbow. That said. I was prepared for this as there seems to be a lot of complaints about the wobble and functionality of this particular part. Other than that one little niggle, I couldn't be happier with it (so far).

[​IMG]

I do; however, have a question. I have an extensive archery background but zero experience with crossbows. While most seems to translate seamlessly, I am having a bit of an issue with Bolts. It appears that the length/weight/spine/diameter/knock/fletch/point options are VERY limited for xbows. Basicly, you get a choice of A or B, and that's it. So tuning shaft weight and balance seems a little tricky. While the vengeance seems pretty quiet, the DIcks Headhunter (rebadged Ghost 350, I'm told) that my brother bought sounds like its WAY under weight as it is VERY loud on release. We have tried it with the stock Easton headhunters Barnett supplied and with the Easton Raider Platinums with 100gr. and 125gr. points with almost no change.

SO what I really would like here is for maybe Jesse or someone more knowledgeable than I, about Xbows to help me get the correct bolts for both of these bows as to avoid disaster. Thank you in advance. This site has been a wealth of information thus far.

-Scott

10. Professional_Slacker

AAAAAAAAAND, I just ruined my only arrows with one shot. FML!

[​IMG]

11. mshm

mshm Member

As Dad used to say: " That'll learn ya"

Mike

12. Professional_Slacker

I should have known better. I do this all the time with my arrows if I don't stagger my shots. I'm still not 100% comfortable with the Xbow feel yet, so I thought I could get away with it. Plus, I really needed a 3 shot grouping. it was a calculated risk, and needed to be done. Just sux that I had to drive 100 miles to go get more bolts afterward. since nobody local had 22" easton's in stock

13. EPLC

EPLC Member

And where did we end up with this? Did it work?

14. Dtacmed

Dtacmed Member

Scorpyd 1500+ for that price you can get 2 vengeances and 100 for bolts. Scorpyd may be good not worth that much.

15. tufargon

tufargon Member

You did notice that you replied to a post dated Sept 12 2013 right? ;)