Barnett Vengeance review. Pics welcome!

Discussion in 'Barnett Crossbows' started by 240m3srt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. mrmojorisan

mrmojorisan Active Member

maybe 240m3st can do that for you... I won't be cocking my bow until I get this thing figured out.

2. Melvin Dotson

Melvin Dotson New Member

Here is a pic , maybe these can help .

Attached Files:

3. Gilles Quenneville

Gilles Quenneville Active Member

Pyrexia, what I mean is,,,,a tank is more reliable than a Toyota. Did you shoot both ?

4. Gilles Quenneville

Well, $1,700.00 for all your life compare to $900.00 with troubles. What's the best deal ?

BUCKEYETHAD likes this.
  5. Melvin Dotson

Melvin Dotson New Member

I just ordered the vengeance & it will be here Monday . I may have to send it back because if I wanted something that looked totally wore out "the scratches" then I would have bought an old used crossbow .

6. Melvin Dotson

Melvin Dotson New Member

This is a really poor design .

7. mrmojorisan

Well then please offer remarks that are specific rather than worthless remarks. Why exactly will I need a back up bow?

8. Gilles Quenneville

memojorisan I always have a back up crossbow when I spend 10 thousands of dollars and more for a hunting trip in Africa or Alaska. Otherwise, anything can happen and your investment is lost for this trip. That is what I mean. Sorry,,,english is not my first language.

9. DeadZombie

DeadZombie Member

I personally think your full of it, and wouldn't take anything you say, worth a grain of salt..your just a troll trying to be disruptive in a forum.

10. 240m3srt

240m3srt Active Member

Sorry man got busy the last few days. Did those pics posted above by monkeyb00gers(lol) of the cocking sled help? I think they are better than anything i could have taken haha!

While were on the subject of pics here is a crossbow case that i really like. Its the Carbon Express and was like $65 shipped on ebay. It is constructed well, fits Vengeance nicely, and i love the black color scheme.

Attached Files:

11. ben694

ben694 Member

very nice crossbow case,nice fit for reverse crossbow.
    the outside pouch is ok for rigide arrows case?

12. Gilles Quenneville

Very nice case. I want one.

13. Gilles Quenneville

This one is having the right shape for reverse limbs or parallel limbs crossbows.

Attached Files:

14. 240m3srt

240m3srt Active Member

Took the bow out shooting today and was able to get some pics of the crank cocking device during the cocking process. The first 2 pics are after you cock it and then let pressure off the handles, it moves forward a bit and then just kinda sits there in a bind until you push it forward and away from the string. Pic 3 shows the handle all the way back after it clicks. You can see the extreme almost 90 degree angle of the string on the side. I think the binding could be remedied by putting an angle cut groove that matches the very tight angle of the string on each side of the sled. This might even reduce stress on the string helping increase its service life. Also remove some material on the inside of the sled where it scratches the stock on both sides. This could be done fairly easily by sending the current cocking sleds to a machine shop. I may decide to take a metal file to it, but it wont look as pretty lol.

Attached Files:

• cb1.JPG
      cb1.JPG
      File size:
      121.6 KB
      Views:
    • cb2.JPG
      cb2.JPG
      File size:
      83.4 KB
      Views:
    • cb3.JPG
      cb3.JPG
      File size:
      94.2 KB
      Views:
  15. DeadZombie

DeadZombie Member

by looking at these pictures, I would still use the standard cocking device that Barnett sell, and hook under the string.. im not seeing anything in the pictures that would scare me away from that. the angle of the string is more extreme then the ghost 44, but other then that, its all the same as the ghost 400.

16. Melvin Dotson

Melvin Dotson New Member

Come on Yngwie Lesso it's like every time you drive your new car you get a scratch on it . They need to fix this . I have had my Vengeance since the 24th & have not shot it yet because I don't want my bow scratched up .

17. mrmojorisan

I'm in the same boat... I'm waiting on getting the scorpyd sled in my hand to see if I can modify it, but Barnett should be stepping up to the plate on this. We should not be expected to be ok with scratching our stocks every time we cock the bow.

18. DeadZombie

DeadZombie Member

pretty sure I wasn't making an excuse for Barnett..even after i re-read my post..I am giving MY OPINION ON WHAT I WOULD DO..nothing more, nothing less..you all can do what you want, but if it was ME!! i would personally use the regular cocking device...end of story!!

19. Corky

Corky Active Member

Life scratches everyone and everything!

Corky

deliriousnomad likes this.
  20. mrmojorisan

Well when it comes to my truck, my guns and my crossbow, I like to keep my stuff looking new

wolverine1 and joe171 like this.