crack limbs

Discussion in 'Scorpyd Crossbows' started by kochie, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kochie

kochie Active Member

Is scorpyd having some problems with their limbs cracking like on the ventilator and they are telling people that they are just cosmetic just heard people talking ?

2. RJW33

RJW33 New Member

No problems with mine.

3. Ventilator

Ventilator Active Member

You might want to read this thread that was started the day before Christmas. Here was my reply to it, I think you should also read the others.

http://www.crossbownation.com/forum/topic/22786-issues-with-limbs/

4. kochie

kochie Active Member

Just wanted to know whats going on i have one on order not trying to start anything but even if them cracks are cosmetic still not a good thing but i am sure jim will take care of it

5. ben694

ben694 Member

no relate problem on Ventilator,on slp 165 i have 2 recall of cosmetic crack on ouside face.

6. Ventilator

Ventilator Active Member

I agree that no crack would be a good crack, but ask whoever you heard it from for a picture. I have yet to see one other than one hairline crack in outer lamination on Spikes Ventilator, and his limbs were replaced and turned around in 2 days.

I understand your concern, I just haven't seen more than that, and you should call Scorpyd as they are the only ones that can answer your question.

7. xbowguy

xbowguy Senior Member

Saying a crack in a fiberglass limb is cosmetic is BULL! It's asinine and an excuse.

I have talked with a few that report the issue and mine has the so called COSEMTIC hairline crack on the outside of the limb. Laminated, Hmmmmm?

Seeing as you dont believe I will try and post a pic tomorrow for you.

8. Ventilator

Ventilator Active Member

David,

Scorpyd replaced that limb under warranty, and no one said you have to live with it. It has been said that with the hairline crack in the outer lamination, the crossbow can be cocked and hunted with, and would not ruin your hunt. It can be replaced under warranty once your hunt is over, or as soon as you wish.

How long are you going to play both sides of the fence? I asked you once before and you ignored me that time. Any other Factory Rep or Owner is not coming on here with more than one alias, that I know of.

You can come on here as CAMX too, and then there won't be the conflict of interest.

I think you need to come clean with the posters here, we are all not stupid. You have slipped up and I can go dig it up if you would like.

I understand the guy making the claim 3 times, is now hawking your bow, the CAMX CHAOS 325. You just might want to post that with your picture, and let the good people of this forum know who you really are.

I don't see any crossbow manufacturer over on your CAMX Forum trying to scare away potential customers of your crossbow. I also noticed you were over on Athens Forum. You might want to let them know who you are as well.

I say it is one thing if one of us potential customers or customers voice our opinion, but for a manufacturer to hide behind an alias without disclosing their true identity, is quite something different. Wouldn't you agree?

Time to come clean!

Vent062202 and offshorebandit like this.
  9. crappie-tom

crappie-tom Well-Known Member

Another member put me onto Xbowguy as the Camx owner about a month ago. That's just not right to come here as one of the guys and, stir the pot. :diablo:

Anyway- Cabelas is offering a new crossbow called the NXT Generation and, the limbs are said to never ever break.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/NXT-Generation-Tactical-Crossbow/1352411.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D160%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dcrossbows%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D80%26search%3Dcrossbows%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&Ntt=crossbows&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

10. Ventilator

Ventilator Active Member

I knew it from the get-go. He couldn't hide it from my eyes. Been pretty tame til just lately. Sorry, but it needed to be pointed out.

Just in case you need a shred of evidence. Read post #5 and #12 in this thread.

http://www.crossbownation.com/forum/topic/20518-voodoo-arrows-void-camx-warranty/

11. crappie-tom

crappie-tom Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to stand in the CN timeout corner. And for once it's not me!!!!

12. xbowguy

xbowguy Senior Member

Vent

I am not playing both sides of the fence and many know who I am. YES I am involved with CAMX. I have been on Crossbow Nation long before CAMX and longer than you. I bring well over twenty years unbiased, real world crossbow design and manufacturing experience to this forum and it's members. I have always offered a true and accurate insight into the crossbow industry. I unlike many am not a super poster but I am an industry veteran and professional. Owned or have experience with just about every crossbow made since the mid 80's so I think I can say that I have a clue. (For those of you that don't know and to save you hours on the internet I spent twenty years with Horton Manufacturing as a VP, not today's Horton Archery) I have never hid this from anyone nor do I hide behind some alias. First and for most my passion is hunting and crossbows no matter what employment. I have also worked in the firearms and ammunition industries as well.

If a limb is cracked its cracked and its just that simple. Listen to me! "Scorpyd by far makes the BEST reverse draw crossbow in the industry." Thats more than an opinion its the fact and can be easily supported by the quality of the materials used. I never said they didnt make a great crossbow and daily I tell crossbow buyers that if they want RDT in my profession opinion they are the only game in town. I personally know Jim and have a professional working relationship with him. I have watched Jim and his efforts along with his dedication build from literally nothing his RDT crossbows to the fore front of modern crossbows.

Just because you may not have an issue or a problem with your crossbow or your particular brand does not mean it does not exist. Get off your soap box! Anything made can and will have a problem. No one here ever said that Jim would never offer outstanding service and support his customers. Again, service is another reason to buy RDT from Scorpyd. You dont get a free pass to call or imply other members are lying by bringing their concerns and issues to light here or on any forum just because you havent had any problems.

There are no free lunches in the crossbow world not even for CAMX. There are going to be issues even for CAMX. Furthermore xbowguy, who again existed three years before CAMX, has never promoted or tried to steer a member to buy a CAMX crossbow. Its always been about sharing honest crossbow information to those that want to listen whether you like what I say or not.

Anything else that I might be able to clear up for you?

13. Gilles Quenneville

Gilles Quenneville Active Member

In my case, I always pay an extreme attention details when I evaluate a product.

I am a a branding guy

1- I start with my budget.
    2- What are my exact needs.
    3- What are my expectations.
    4- What is the production line for the product I choose.
    5- How many products the manufacturer has to offer.
    6- Is the manufacturer products can be find all over the place on the web.
    7- Who distribute their products ? And how many distributors.
    8- The service quality.
    9- The passion behind their product.
    10- Quality control on the production line.
    11- The distributor pricing and the manufacturer pricing.

We are all looking for reliability, performance and accuracy for our crossbows. This place here is the right place for us to share all different know how and experience to make this sport better and better.
    I just hope the manufacturers think the same way. But manufacturers are in this market monstly to make money. So if they produced products that can stand a life time they will not make a lot of profit and their shareholders would not appreciate that. That is most of the time the major issue for a big production line with many products to brand and sell a.s.a.p to get their market share upgraded. Small manufacurers do not have the same issue. Small manufacturers must pay attention to their product because they have to built up their brand reputation. And some of them don't have the plan to become a major manufacturer with many products to promote and brand. It is the same for other industry manufacturers than crossbows.

We must be demanding as consumers in front of the manufacturers and in the future I hope their will be ''standards'' for product reliability, performance and accuracy for all the manufacurers.

I am 60 yo and shoot crossbows and bows till I was 20.

Every time I had buy a new crossbow or a bow in all those years, I have always focused on my own personal thinking and never had major troubles with my products purchase.

Unfortunately my house have been in fire 3 years ago and lost all my collection, pictures, videos and personal souvenirs.

Just work together guys to make our sport and passion the best we hope with the manufacturers. They must listen to us an improve their branding.

Branding value is the key.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Gilles

14. ruger375

ruger375 Active Member

crappie-tom now thats a plastic deer killing machine ,my sons barrel of monkeys better watch out .

15. bloodrunner

bloodrunner New Member

Pictures of cracked limbs would be nice, without pics you have nothing;)

16. JOE PA

JOE PA Member

On sale. Better hurry!

17. geoman1055

geoman1055 Active Member

Vent I will be glad to post the pics. Just as soon as I get out of my stand. yes I'm huntting right now. I will be the first to say that the vent is the ultimate cool factor bow. I will be the first to say the quality is top notch. I will also say that Jim fixed them in record time, but I will also say that any crack is not a great feeling when such a powerful bow is cocked. When it happens more than once in the same spot there might be an issue. I never said this problem was in epidemic proportions. Maybe I had bad luck. I respect you for sticking up for what you believe. Dave did not even know until I told him to cock it and where to look. When you see the pics you might want to cock and look.

18. Ventilator

Ventilator Active Member

Yep, the issue that was the topic of this post. Clear as MUD!

And show me where I ever said anyone was lying about this, you can't because I didn't. I did say "I will believe it when I see it", and still haven't seen it.

Go read post #3 in this link.

http://www.crossbown...ues-with-limbs/

This was my response to that post.

Anybody can claim anything they want, but that does not make it true. I don't know Geomann1055 from Adam, but he has been here since November 22, 2012 (just a hair over a month),,,,,,

http://www.crossbown...-where-to-find/

has made 19 total posts,,,,,, has accused me of working for Scorpyd (not true),,,,,,

http://www.crossbown...c/22369-danger/

I was wondering what these spider cracks he was talking about were in the above post, and he claims he has proof in the post below,,,,,,

http://www.crossbown...eems-on-target/

and is why I told both the posters in the threads to ask him for a picture. I hope he was able to provide that "PROOF"?

He seems happy enough with your bows that he claims to have purchased two. I just find it hard to belive that he went from driving 200 miles to shoot a Scorpyd in his November 22, 2010 post,,,,,,to actually purchasing one,,,,,,and by December 12, 2012 had already replaced 2 sets of limbs for "spider cracks",,,,,,, then by December 15, 2012 had replaced another set and had the bow sold,,,,,,,,

http://www.crossbown...-camx-crossbow/

So what was it two sets of limbs before he sold it, and one set after he sold it? Was the bow being pressed improperly??? The Scorpyds need to be pressed at the limb tips, not half way up the limbs. Just find it hard to believe a guy could even send his bow back to Scorpyd and have three sets of limbs exchanged in 3 weeks, even with Scorpyds 1-2 day turn around?

Some things just do not add up!

19. bloodrunner

bloodrunner New Member

I would love to see pics so I can cock my Vent and take a look.

20. Ventilator

Ventilator Active Member

I agree that there should be no cracks in any limb. I just find it hard to believe you had a Ventilator for a total of 3 weeks MAX, and yet you had issues with 3 sets of limbs? Were you pressing the limbs in a press that did not press from the tips of the limbs? All Scorpyd limbs are to be pressed from the limb tip, not half way up the limb between the limb pocket and cam.

I guess we know where you sold your Ventilator now, so is CAMX going to be working on a reverse limb model in the fuuture? Or is that how he recruits his sales reps?

I have went over my limbs with a fine tooth comb, both cocked and relaxed, no hint of any cracks or spiders.

I'll be waiting for pics of 3 sets of limbs with these so called spider cracks, whatever that is, and I would also like to see a pic of the type of press these limbs were pressed in as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.