Crossbow Back Pack

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by NativeHunter, Jan 6, 2016.

1. NativeHunter

NativeHunter Member

Hoping to see if any of the companies came up with a Crossbow Back Pack this year . Bohning quit making the Bolt Excal has theirs but its costly , but so is everything else related to hunting .

glassman_48 likes this.
  2. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

I've been using the tensing pack. It's the best one I've used.

JFT and msflatlander like this.
  3. NativeHunter

NativeHunter Member

Guess I'll Google it and check it out . Thanks Urban !

4. Hunter2

Hunter2 Senior Member

Does anyone have pictures?

5. chubbyb518

chubbyb518 Member

Tenzings are pricey too. If you know someone who sews, there are loads of options. I picked up a basic backpack from wally world...one of those ones that also comes with a liquid bladder for water/vodka and cranberry. I had my mom sew on a pocket to hold the butt of my stock and a strap across at the top to go through the foregrip to cinch it down. It functions virtually the same as the Bolt or Expack, all for a whopping $27.

Stalker and two tines like this.
  6. Tim50

Tim50 Well-Known Member

IMO crossbows just do not lend themselves to a convenient back pack option! I am luck that my hunting area's do not require me to pack too far. I have tried friends solutions and none of them were what I would conceder a comfortable option. Do your best to try one on WITH a bow strapped in! Good luck with your quest.

7. Hunter2

Hunter2 Senior Member

I have a back pack with lots of pockets they always come in handy. I like to carry more than I need just in case.

8. 99fatboy

99fatboy Active Member

Tenzing is well worth the money, that are top notch, but there are others that are more expensive.

9. chris_st

chris_st Active Member

I am using this pack from game gear. I really like it lots of pockets easy to carry.

Attached Files:

City Rat likes this.
  10. City Rat

City Rat New Member

I like your pack, especially if you have a permanent setup on private land and you don't have to go in too deep to hunt.. The only downside is that there is no place to pack your normal junk. Might be a solution if there were molle straps running along the hip belt to which you could tie in a couple of dump pouches... Just a thought.

11. Dave Abramson

Dave Abramson Member

A bunch of members purchased the Bohning pack during the close out sale for about 50 bucks.
    It has worked out great as a day pack . I keep all my gear in it or attached to it in season and can be out the door in seconds . The Tenzig ( hope I spelled that right ) SP14 is on my dream list , but cost over 200 Dollars
    Dave

12. City Rat

City Rat New Member

Yep,
    I've seen that pack, nice one, but spendy.

13. Stephen Novick

Stephen Novick New Member

Game plan gear crossover!

14. glassman_48

glassman_48 Active Member

In the kodabow website I just ordered their backpack for $45.00? They have a longer sling that goes through the slot in the stock, then ties off by the stirrup so you can carry the crossbow in front instead of trying to sling on your back where the back pack is. I also ordered an arrow quiver that hooks onto their backpack. Its pretty ingenious the way they designed both the sling to work with a backpack.

15. City Rat

City Rat New Member

Ok, I know that pack, its made by Drago and I own its big brother. Do you have pics of how you have your crossbow stowed in it/mounted on it for packing. I confess that I have not been hunting with my crossbow since first week of archery in October because there just is no easy way that I found to pack the thing through the woods without it getting hung up every 5 minutes in briars, etc. I can pack my compound bow pretty easily on my AlpineZ pack and have hands free to hike in or tote my Hawken during MZ season for fun. Looking forward to "older" age I need to find a similar solution for the xbow. Thanks.

glassman_48 likes this.
  16. glassman_48

glassman_48 Active Member

City Rat, I just ordered my backpack, if you go to the kodabow site and look around you will see how he uses the bowsling and leaves the crossbow in front of him hanging near his hip so the sling and shoulder take a lot of the weight while walking in or hunting. They have a quiver that attaches to crossbow or a quiver that attaches to the backpack. I ordered the quiver that attaches to backpack. ( I don't attach my crossbow to my packpack) The way his sling works is you can literally move brush etc. in front of you while walking and carrying the crossbow in front of you. Hope that helps.