Crossbow Cases.....Hard, Soft, or None At All?

Discussion in 'Recent Articles' started by urban legend, Jan 2, 2016.

1. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

2. Reverse Raptor

Reverse Raptor Active Member

There's not many choices for cases as of lately for Reverse Draw Xbows. I chose the Plano Manta hard case for my Raptor R.. It is quite large but that leaves room for gear, in mine not only does my xbow fit but so does my 18-38" Trigger Stick - rangefinder - 12 bolts - Lumenok extinguisher/arrow puller - sling & cocking rope (in case of problems with the attached cock cranking device) it all fits & ties down nicely. I mainly got it to protect my investment from dust when stored & getting banged up during transport. I would like it more without the wings that are for compounds & recurve xbows ,but it does do a great job of protecting the xbow.

Attached Files:

timbikeride likes this.
  3. TX_RDXguy

TX_RDXguy Well-Known Member

Like RR I think we need to protect these bows when there are in transit. I have a factory soft case. It's pretty well made with a side handle, shoulder strap and it's got a small zippered section built for the quiver. It traveled about 600 miles this past week and I'm glad it was in a case.

4. Gabowman

Gabowman Well-Known Member

I think alot depends on you. I bought a soft case for my recurve Excal and MAYBE used it 3 times going hunting. Then I started putting the bow in the seat and floorboard like I do my rifle and the case has been under a bed ever since. If I was traveling alot with it then I would probably use the case more. Just depends...

TX_RDXguy likes this.
  5. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

I have both. A hard case I built for the back of the suv that I can throw my climber or even a deer with no worries. I just keep it in the suv during hunting season and a soft case in case I take a back up bow xbows cases 2006-01-01 004.JPG Bane,Xbow case,tool box 2006-01-01 007.JPG

BNGOD, eric waldron, dukester and 2 others like this.
  6. Condor

Condor Member

I thought about doing that nice job

Stalker likes this.
  7. djflipster

djflipster Member

I have the new Plano Spire case. Its fits my FX4 nicely. According to the stats from Plano, its supposed to fit 99% of the new crossbows on the market. No I do not know if it fits the reverse limb bows. Nice compact case without the bulk of the Manta.

8. Tim50

Tim50 Well-Known Member

A hard case doesn't fit in my car!!

9. Hunter2

Hunter2 Senior Member

I have a soft case and it worked nicely.

10. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

None at all.

11. timbikeride

timbikeride New Member

I've been waiting on a hard case for my Storm, but may have to bite the bullet and buy a soft case.

12. stm

stm Junior Member

Allen Company 6028 Hardcore Sub-Compact Crossbow Case, Black/Gra...

I just purchased this one for my new Tenpoint Turbo GT, anyone have any feedback on it. I like the soft cases for ease of transportation in my vehicle.

Best of luck this upcoming season and be safe. STM

13. stm

stm Junior Member

I just received the case today and what a well padded case for the money. My Turbo GT fits perfectly and it also came with an adjustable backing piece that keeps the bow snug. I also like the risen padded scope compartment for the extra protection.

14. bostoned

bostoned New Member

I purchased a plano spire on amazon. Then glued in some additional foam padding. I really like it a lot as the velcro straps are very secure. I have a parker enforcer and it fits beautifully.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

15. eric waldron

eric waldron Well-Known Member

Good looking set up Stalker. Too many times I have had my bow in the back of the truck and bumped it with something-------------- and back to the target to check my POI. Or be late to my stand from fumbling around in the dark looking for hunting possibles.

Stalker likes this.
  16. treestand

treestand Member

I have a soft case for my CE, but that's just me. It all depends on how you treat or transport the bow. If you care it in a car or truck on the inside, you mite not need a case at all or at least a soft one. If transporting in the back of a truck, hard case only. Mine goes on the inside of my truck.