Equalizer Crossbow Stabilizer

Discussion in 'Recent Articles' started by Urban Legend, Jan 12, 2016.

1. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  2. urban legend

What are your thoughts on this? I thought it looked weird until I held a bow with it installed.

3. Uziel Gal

Uziel Gal Active Member

As you say yourself in the article, I can't say that I would particularly welcome increased weight on my bow, but good balance can sometimes make things 'feel' lighter than they really are. It's going to be somewhat subjective at the best of times, and could vary greatly anyway, depending on where the stabilisers are placed, and what weight is used.

Beyond that : -
    • Irrespective of whether the additional weight is felt or not, better balance should improve stability, which may in turn make for steadier aiming. As long as you are doing everything else correctly, steadier has to make for better accuracy - that's got to be a good thing!
    • Increasing the mass will also help to minimise small movements in the bow from you breathing etc. If that increase in mass can be achieved without feeling all of it, all the better.
    • Any additional means to control vibration and noise should be welcome.
    After twenty years of compound target archery, with the many and various forms of stabilisation and vibration reduction products that have come and gone during that time, I may well be a little more open minded to bolting odd looking things to my bow. That said, while this may not necessarily be the best solution for everyone, or to everyone's tastes, I am pleased to see that there are more companies getting involved in the field of crossbow stabilisation.

urban legend likes this.
  4. urban legend

I agree. Because I had not seen it done before, that is what initially grabbed my attention. After holding a crossbow with one installed, I was pleasantly surprised. Once I get one and spend more time with it shooting, I will report back and let you know what I think.