Got my Matrix 380 dialed in - with pics

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by bltefft, Jan 10, 2016.

1. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

Took my time (dang it was COLD outside today) and zeroed the Excel Matrix 380 from 20 yards out. I used a "V" on top of a tripod for a steady hold. I like it better than the Caldwell Field Pod.

When I started I was shooting at the larger red bull's eye right above the center bull's eye (the little bull's eye inside the yellow jacket).

The first arrow was in the center, but REAL low. So, I rotated the elevation CCW and shot again, POI was higher than the first arrow. So, I rotated the elevation CCW again and shot a third arrow, POI was higher than the second arrow.

I made another upward POI adjustment and shot a 4th arrow at the right-side red bull's eye and hit just low, almost touching the black

Did two more adjustments. Another up adjustment and a to-the-left adjustment and shot a 5th arrow at the left-hand bull's eye. Hit even, but to the right.

One more adjustment moving the POI to the left, shot a 6th arrow and nailed the top center bull's eye.

I'm dialed in.

Tomorrow I adjust the magnification/speed ring so I can use the other reticles.

Bobby

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Gabowman

Gabowman Well-Known Member

Pretty good shooting...............and it doesnt look like that 380 is burying those arrows too deep either.:)

3. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

The Yellow Jacket is as good target. I think on the back it says it is a crossbow target. It stops my Orion 160 Extreme arrows just as well, too.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016