Grim Reaper or Gamecrusher broadhead?

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Blindstitch, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Blindstitch

Blindstitch Member

I recently picked up a crossbow and I'm trying to find a mechanical broadhead that shoots identical or close to fieldpoints.

A little back story. My dad used a Barnett Ghost 350 and shot two deer last year with rage broadheads with the shockcolar and they never opened. He wasn't happy. So I had a talk with rage and they told me to go fly a kite. I then talked to Barnett and they said they could only recommend using their broadheads but were nice enough to send my dad a 3 pack of GameCrushers. He hasn't shot them yet.

Well I picked up a Barnett Veloci-Raptor Fx and I know I can buy the GameCrushers for $21+ tax but they don't come with a practice broadhead and I don't want to slice up my target to bad. I believe the GameCrushers are the same as the NAP Spitfire.

And then there's the Grim Reaper Razor tips running $30-40 and they come with a practice tip.

Does anyone use either of these or has some extra practice tips they don't need.

Deer season here in Wisconsin starts in a month but I won't be able to get out till closer to October.

2. Old Summit

Old Summit Senior Member

The Grim Reapers will cost a few extra bucks, but as the old story go's, you usually get what you pay for. The Grim Reapers are nice broadheads, and fly close enough to broadheads, but you will want to use the practice tip, or use a real one to sacrific that you are hitting the same poi. Good broadheads are not cheap, you want them to work when the time comes for that monster buck, and Grim Reapers will deliver imo. Good luck in what ever direction you go.

3. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

X2 Swhackers work for me and are a little cheaper.They also can be practiced with by taping them close.

4. lovetohunt

lovetohunt Well-Known Member

Grim Reaper RazorTip 125 grain has never failed me.
    I also recently purchased the Veloci Raptor FX from Gander Mountain. I get field point accuracy with the Reapers from all my crossbows using Black Eagle Executioners (.001), Grim Reaper RazorTip (practice heads and a couple broadheads), and gold tip field tips.

lovetohunt

5. kochie

kochie Active Member

x 2 on GRs

6. briarpatch

briarpatch Senior Member

Grim Reapers have never let me down.

7. Troy Starr

Troy Starr Active Member

Cost no more to go first class....buy some reapers

8. Blindstitch

Blindstitch Member

Got some Grim Reapers on the way.

9. briarpatch

briarpatch Senior Member

wise choice

10. Blindstitch

Blindstitch Member

Shot the Grim Reaper Razortip SS 100 grains today and they are just as accurate as the fieldpoints and that makes me happy. I tried at 20 and 50 yards and they impacted the same.

I can't wait to see how they do on a deer or coyote.

11. tripnchip

tripnchip Member

Took my first deer with X bow last year using 100 grain GR's and at 26 yards it took out both front shoulder blades leaving a blood trail that couldn't be missed. I ran a stone over the blades a few times and either me or my wife are shooting the same head this year. Not sure which one of us ended up with in in our quiver this year.

12. Farmer77

Farmer77 New Member

The Gamecrusher broadheads are definitely not the NAP Spitfires. Don't let old pictures on the internet fool you. The Gamecrushers use an o-ring to hold the blades in place, while the Spitfires use a metal spring plate within the broadhead to hold the blades. They are both good broadheads, and shoot like a fieldpoint.

Best Regards,

Farmer77

13. NDPronghorn

NDPronghorn Member

I prefer the Reaper's but also had great success with the Spitfires. Xbow 100 grain Reapers shoot with my fieldpoints out to 80 yards and that's saying something at 440 fps. Last Reaper put an exit hole through a Pronghorn I could stick my fist in and my hands take XL gloves. Earlier I shot a big big Muley and both animals were down in 10-15 seconds.

14. Educator

Educator Well-Known Member

GOOD INFO ALL.

15. Hunter2

Hunter2 Senior Member

Grim Reapers

16. NativeHunter

NativeHunter Member

Grim has a new mechanical out seen a video they did at the ATA , looks impressive .

17. archer36

archer36 Member

Game Crushers are nothing but NAP Shockwaves in disguise. I have shot the NAP's and they fly very good. Never actually used them on deer yet but I'm sure they are good.

18. Mark

Mark New Member

My vote is for the Nap spitfires. I like the ideal of a true mechanical with out the need for a band to keep them closed. The shockwaves do fly nice and straight and very affordable.

19. Educator

Educator Well-Known Member

Grim Reapers do not use a band either.

20. Mark

Mark New Member

That is true. No nock on the reapers they are are excellent broadhead. A friend uses them and had good results.