Have a question for your Horton factory Representative. Feel free to ask it here.

Discussion in 'Horton Crossbows' started by urban legend, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLDFLYER

OLDFLYER Senior Member

Thanks Mark
    You're a diplomatic gentleman.
    Will we have to wait until January?

2. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Old Flyer,
    No, it will be before January. This is all I can say. Horton is trying to continue to please its customers all through the sales cycle, from dealers / distributers to the - end users.

Thanks,
    Mark

3. OLDFLYER

OLDFLYER Senior Member

Thanks Hoss.
    Can you at least let us know if it will be prior to or at the beginning of the season? Need to know if I need to put aside some cash. Thanks.

4. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Old Flyer,
    I really can not say anymore. At this time there are too many players and individual timelines we have to coordinate.

Thanks,
    Mark W. Beck

5. SPECIALIZED

SPECIALIZED Super Moderator

I have never understood why some bow and hunting product companies release there new products after or near the end of season.

I guess that is why I am not a marketing expert.

6. OLDFLYER

OLDFLYER Senior Member

Spec.

It makes perfect sense to me. You sell everyone your 2008 product line and then offer your 2009 product line right at the start of season and you will get sales to people that already bought. This way, you have the potential to sell 2 bows per year to many consumers. If I was the owner of a manufacturing facility, I would do the same. After all, it is still a business.

7. SPECIALIZED

SPECIALIZED Super Moderator

But the 2009 line is coming out in late December or January,at the end of most seasons.Why not come out in Sept 2008 when hunters are gearing up for the upcoming season.

8. OLDFLYER

OLDFLYER Senior Member

Spec

Hoss said earlier, "before January". I would assume some time in October as PSE and a few others do.

9. dmznimrod

dmznimrod Member

hunter legend ll

is there any way to set the trigger at a lighter pull on my dads hunter legend-ll ? this trigger is really heavy :rolleyes:
    thanks in advance dmz

10. lady horton

lady horton Industry Professional

dmznimrod

On the 165# and up bows that were made before the Lighter Pull Talon triggers you can call Horton to receive a return authorizatin number to send your stock in to have the Talon trigger installed as there is no adjustments to our triggers. Yes there is a small cost to have this done.

11. dmznimrod

dmznimrod Member

the serial # is D60854 on the legend ll does this qualify for the new talon? i sure hope it doesn't already have one !
    thanks again
    DMZ

12. littleking

littleking Member

I have a new Legend HD 175 combo, great shooting bow, a little loud but manageable and im holding GREAT groups out to 50yds...

1st concern: cable wear: i've shot the bow roughly 100 times and it seems that the cables are rubbing the frame of the bow pretty bad. the pvc coating of the steel cable has already worn off, im afraid i'll be chewing up cables like mad.

2nd concern: multi-reticle red dot scope: the dots seem awefully close together, almost to the point that its hard to distinguish each one. my buddy's desert stryker sight has much more space between the dots.

any ideas? again, i've only had the bow for two weeks.

13. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Littleking,
    Please contact Horton @ 800-291-3649.
    Something does not sound right at all. We will want it back to examine.
    Be sure to inform the person on the phone of both issues.

Thanks,
    Mark W. Beck

14. littleking

littleking Member

i'll call in tomorrow

15. nhxbowhunter

nhxbowhunter Member

customer sevice at horton

hey there, i ve owned a horton legend for 4 years now..good xbow,, hortons cust. service is downright awful. i ve called over the years and one thing after another happens. just a few days ago i placed an order,,,after i hung up i went shooting..my mechanical crank broke,,it was 425 est . i called, and was 1st in the que,,instead of staying on hold,,i left a message that i needed to add onto my order with my name and number . they close at 500 est..no call that day.. the next afternoon i call and again leave a message . no return call,, shortly there after i go to the horton website and send an e mail,,48 hours since first call and 24 hours since e mail was sent . no response..guess my money isnt green enuf. good thing for cabelas.

16. Guide Girl

Guide Girl Obsessed Huntress

I never have much of a problem with customer service when I call. But I noticed last time I called, there's a new person though, which reminds me. August is a busy time of year when all the companies with product are trying to get orders out on the shelves before deer season starts, and having to deal with the big stores orders in August. It may just be they're swamped for a few days. It's not because your money isn't green enough. It may be just a time to have a little patience with the situation, due to the overflow of work with what staff they have working. Good help is hard to find. All the companies are behind this time of the year. That's all. I learned that from the past years experience, and another trick I learned works if you call all the time needing something. I bought the girls in the office flowers one time and now they take extra special care of me. Always deal with the secretaries and front people because those are the ones who really take care of you. Especially Diana and Sabrina (now you know who to send the flowers and candy to) They are real sweethearts. :)

17. nhxbowhunter

nhxbowhunter Member

not to be rude,, but i spent enough money in the last 4 years with horton..i am not buying flowers or candy. its been 2+ days now and they cant return a call, next time i buy it wont be horton, my archery dealer dropped them 2 years back due to poor service,, and i can see why now.

18. mooseofark

mooseofark Member

Summit 150 Fiber Optic Pin Sight

I posted this as a separate topic and Guidegirl was the only one to respond.

I'm new to a crossbow and not sure I understand how the fiber optic pin sight needs to go together on my Summit HD 150 Fiber Optic and how you make adjustments to sight in the bow. I went to crossbow.com and reviewed the documents there, but I'd like to see a more detailed drawing or picture of the sight pin properly installed. ANy assistance would be greatly appreciated

19. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

I'll try to explain. This is what your pin most likely looks like. The 2 big knobs adjust the pin allowing it to move up and down. The 3rd knob is to lock down the "windage" adjustment for moving left and right.
    As far as sighting in your bow. If your top pin is 20 yards, shoot your bow at 20 yards. If you the arrow is not in the bullseye, move your pin in the direction of the arrow. For example: If the arrow is low and right, move your pin down slightly and screw the pin so it moves toward the right. This will make the bow aim a little higher and to the left more bringing you arrow closer to the center of the target. It may be necessary to make a few adjustments. Once you get the hang of it, sighting in the bow will only take a few shots per pin and you'll be on your way to hitting the bullseye every time.
    I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for. I hope it helped.

Attached Files:

20. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

Note: In the above pictures of the pins, the small knob that locks down the left and right adjustment is on different sides. I don't think this matters at all as long as it securely holds the pin from moving left and right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.