Have a question for your Horton factory Representative. Feel free to ask it here.

Discussion in 'Horton Crossbows' started by urban legend, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beervo2

beervo2 Senior Member

GG , don't take this wrong but candy or flowers for customer service ??
    Last year I had problems with the girl who answered the phone and told her I wanted to talk to her boss and that her answers to my problems were unacceptable , her boss ( can't remember her name ) took care of it right away..

2. mooseofark

mooseofark Member

Thanks UL- That was exactly what I was looking for!

3. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

You're welcome. Glad I could help.:D

4. littleking

littleking Member

i just got off the phone with support, they said this is normal, since my bow was made at the beginning of last year, she said there is no danger. hunt this year, send the bow in at the end of the season and they will take care of it for me

5. Thrillbilly

Thrillbilly Member

Mark,

I have a Legend HD175 and a Firehawk 200. Is the Firehawk trigger able to be converted into the talon trigger thats on my HD? Much better and smoother trigger.

6. Blue-darter

Blue-darter Member

Specs on the mysterious Horton Blackhawk--

Hey,
    I posted a thread elsewhere on the site but haven't gotten any response yet. In fact things were eerily silent as if I'd asked some state secret! But anyway, here it is...I was in an outdoor store in Atlanta a couple of days back and saw a Horton xbow I didn't recognize. It was a Backhawk. Is this an older item? What are the specs on it? I was offered a discounted price on it but I wasn't sure about it. Any info you could give would be helpful.

Thanks!

Blue

7. Thrillbilly

Thrillbilly Member

I am assuming youmeant "Blackhawk"? I used to have the 200 pound one and I think it was discontinued around 2004. Not sure though. Its a nice bow that I saw spec'd out at 310 fps.

8. Thrillbilly

Thrillbilly Member

I just found this:

Horton Blackhawk

A 200lb. draw weight front end on the machined riser delivers up to 310fps. arrow speed. Large SpeedMax Power Wheels work with the DP2 laminated limbs to provide maximum energy.Dura-Tip yoke system eliminates limb twist for supreme accuracy and places the axle in a metal limb tip bracket. Complete with built-in Dial-A-Range arrow drop compensator with a 7/8" Weaver-style scope base.

Stock length: 31-1/4"
    Width: 26"
    Weight:6 lbs. 8 oz.
    Price: $419.99

9. Blue-darter

Blue-darter Member

Thrill,
    Please forgive the misspelling and thanks for the info! Sounds like the deal I was being offered wasn't really much of a deal if the xbow is that "old". $500.00+ for a 5 year old bow seems pretty high! Good thing I'm not an impulse buyer!

That's why I'll continue to praise and consult this forum. So much help from so many folks and it's all free!

Thanks again

Blue-Darter

10. Thrillbilly

Thrillbilly Member

OOOOPs, I was wrong. The Blackhawk was manufactured in 2002 and 2003. Sorry bout that.

11. Blue-darter

Blue-darter Member

Even worse, they should've been selling that thing for a lot less than they were. Shame on 'em!:D

12. Guide Girl

Guide Girl Obsessed Huntress

Okay, didn't do the candy, but I was trying to help those overworked girls in that office by adding the candy on. Chocolate please! I did do the flowers though and now they know who I am and take care of me. It worked for me! Was well worth the help and attention I've had in the following YEARS. I wanted them to know I was indeed greatful to them for what they endured and how they took care of me. What made me more patient and understanding is I visited the company and observed how things rolled. This time of year, they are lucky at Horton to be able and keep the same people answering the phonecalls as it's a high pressure job. No one is happy when they call, obviously.
    I too, am the girl on the other end of the phone with our business, so maybe I understand better what it's like day in and day out at the height of the ordering season. I'm sure any company worth it's salt is under heavy ordering and customer care right now in August. Just put yourself in those girls shoes right now. I'm glad the same girls are hanging in there and actually have a knowledge of what they're taking about, speak in plain English, instead of talking to India or Vietnam. Now a days, speaking English and directly to someone at the company, is wonderful. Just my opinion.

13. nhxbowhunter

nhxbowhunter Member

well, you know what im not sold on the per say " reasons ' . its been 3+ days now,,2 calls, messages left, and e mail sent .. there is no good reason for " poor service ". i can understand being busy. but there is absolutely no excuse for there commitment to service..its an "F " at best..

14. hagar16

hagar16 Member

exp horton

Exp Horton, I was wondering if iI can upgrade by changing the limbs usin hd175 limbs if that would work??? or fit???

15. Guide Girl

Guide Girl Obsessed Huntress

Your exactly right. 3 days is too much!

16. lady horton

lady horton Industry Professional

Even though they are not brass inserts they still maintain the MX using a special sized aluminum insert made esp for Horton.

17. lady horton

Thrillbilly
    Yes the Talon can Be installed in your Firehawk. Call Horton to receive a return authorization number to send it in to be done. Yes there is going to be that small charge.

800-551-7468

lady horton

18. lady horton

Thanks guide girl
    I appreciate the help. No i don't need candy there is plenty on my desk to keep Mark happy.

lady horton

19. nhxbowhunter

nhxbowhunter Member

customer sevice at horton

well, all things considered everything ended up working out for me with horton . a lady called me back and was more than helpful, and explained the situation at horton..i guess sometimes stuff happens and things can get lost in the shuffle..thanks lady horton for your help . i truly appreciate it.:D

20. Rick210

Rick210 Member

SN Information and string replacement

Mark,

Here is my SN C151934 (what year was it made), I bought this crossbow from Sportsmans guide and love it. It was listed as a Horton Hunter 175, but only has Horton printed on the limbs? Also could you tell me what string I need, I would like to have it replaced this year.

Thank you
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.