Have a question for your Horton factory Representative. Feel free to ask it here.

Discussion in 'Horton Crossbows' started by urban legend, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Rick210,
    Lady Horton has this info. She will reply as soon as she can.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Rick210

Rick210 Member

Thank you Mark.

3. lady horton

lady horton Industry Professional

Rick
    Your bow is a Hunter Max 4 special edition bow made for Sportsmans Guide.
    It is a 175# bow. Your string part # is ST070 cables are ST075. Great bow..

Have fun with it.

Lady Horton

4. Rick210

Rick210 Member

Lady Horton

Thank you for the quick response

5. Quack addict

Quack addict Member

Lady Horton

Can you give me any infor mation on the Horton Hawk SL 150lb#.

The CB shoot's great and I have had it Chronograped(sp) @ 282fps.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx, QA

6. lady horton

Quack
    Hawk sl was made in 2000-2001 speed up to 270 ft per sec

Yours is doing awesome
    Have a great weekend

7. DaGriz

DaGriz Banned

I have owned quite a few Hortons and still own a couple. They have and continue to serve me well. But I really like my TP Phantom and BowTech DS Is Horton going to come out with a Top of the Line CB to compete with the DS and Phantom's????

8. gr8hntr

gr8hntr Member

i just got a used xl175 that the serial number has fell off or been removed
    my question is how can i tell if its a recalled bow or not or if its been fix already
    i got it from my cousin who bought it at basspro in MO, in the clearance store
    but he cant remember when(what year) he bought it.. it has been shot 5 times and never been hunted with ... his kids started playin ball and he ran out of time to bow hunt ... so he gave me a gr8 deal or i think he did i pd $250

i posted pics to help identify if its a recalled bow or if basspro sent it in for the recall before they sold it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

any help would be gr8
    thanks
    butch

9. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Member

That is awesome!!!

10. Red Sky

Red Sky Member

Recommendations

I am new to crossbows. I have purchased a Horton Summit 150. Can you tell me the best bolt specs to use with this crossbow.
    Length - weight- ex..

I will be useing it for deer hunting.

Thank You
    Terry Powers

11. longbow26

longbow26 Member

Question on teh triger for my Horton HD 150 Simmit corssbow.

I resently baught a Horton ND Summit 150 crossbow. Other then the 2 real loud noises it makes when I load teh string using the horton crank devise it is a dream mashine.

But I do have one question on it. In reference to teh triger. Granted it might be my missguided perception but this triger feals like it is well over 10 pound triger. I thouhgt it was suposto come with the telon custome triger. But I am maybe quessing that even thouhg it is listed on the box as having the custom triger is it maybe listed since its a upgrade one can get for it>? Is there a way to tell if the triger on this particualr bow is the custom talon triger or the reg triger?

In case it is neaded serial number is w 67417

If it does ahve the talon triger is there any way of lessoning the powndege on it or remover some of the travel it has? It acts like a 2 stage triger.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

12. lady horton

butch
    noticing the washer under the limb bolt tells me that it not on recall

lady horton

13. gr8hntr

gr8hntr Member

thank you very much !!!!

14. hunterfisher

hunterfisher Senior Member

What kind of lube, ''oil'', do you recomend for the cams.

15. lady horton

Hunterfisher
    You do not need to lube them however if it makes you feel better use something with telfon in it. Do not use WD40 it is bad for archery equipment.

Lady Horton

16. damascusblademaker

damascusblademaker Member

inaccuracy

My son, a friend and I have been trying for the last 3 days to get this new real tree 175 to shoot broadheads accurately with NO success. I'm using Horton aluminium arrows that came with the xbow, we've tried several different heads, muzzy 100 and 125 gr- 3 blades, slick trick 100 gr.and my friend even brought some muzzy 125gr. 4 blades over this afternoon and they wouldn't fly good either. At 30 yds. same arrow will hit high 6 inches then next shot low 3-4", then again it might be 3 -4" right or left. We're even shooting off a bench with sand bags. I've turned the nocks so the cock vane rides perfectly centered in the channel and nothing helps. This is terribly disappointing, I already had to cancel a hunting trip up north this weekend because I wouldn't have a clue on where the arrows might hit if I did a shot opportunity. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

DBM

17. Rick210

Rick210 Member

DBM

Make sure your server string is centered correctly after you have cocked. If not it will cause you all types of issues, shooting left then right. Mark you server from each side of the rails, when you have it in the cocked position you can pull back on the string and move it left or right to center the string. Hope this helps.

Rick

18. damascusblademaker

Thanks Rick210, yes we did all that, it doesn't make any difference.

DBM

19. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

It sounds to me like a scope / sight issue. Do you have another scope you could take off from another bow and try it. At 30 yards from a bench, that bow will shoot a fifty cent piece almost every time. Also make sure all of the screws and hardware holding your sight on are tight.

20. damascusblademaker

Thanks Urban Legend, we've checked, double checked and triple checked every screw and bolt on this thing, everything has been fine. I don't have another scope, wished I did have, thats the only thing we can't check.
    If your hitting a 50 cent piece consistantly at 30yds. what arrow and broadhead are you shooting, because we've tried several different BH's and we're lucky to get it to hit inside a 10" circle twice in a row at 30yds. and I'm shooting the aluminum arrows Horton sells with these bows.

DBM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.