Have a question for your Horton factory Representative. Feel free to ask it here.

Discussion in 'Horton Crossbows' started by urban legend, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

Unless your arrows are bent, it's not the arrows. I know that for sure. It doesn't matter what heads you shoot, they should be shooting better than what you are getting. I personally use a NAP Nightmare broadhead. For me, they flew the same as a field point from my crossbow (TenPoint Phantom) out to 40 yards. I never shot past 40. I have shot plenty of Hortons and I know they are capable of shooter much better than the results you are achieving.

I wonder if you just took off your sight and just kind of bore sighted it so to speak or made a make shift pin sight, if that would work good enough to see if it was the sight. BTW, do you have the scope or the red dot?

2. damascusblademaker

damascusblademaker Member

Thanks again Urban Legend, but I've about had it. All afternoon I messed with this bow and I still have no answers. I had 1 arrow sighted in pretty good at 30 yds. came in the house for lunch, when I went back out it was hitting 4" low and left. Funny part is the bow never left the bench except to cock it, I didn't even bring it in when I came in for lunch. The arrows aren't bent, I've used 12 different arrows (all horton) so far and I could understand 1 or 2 possibly being bent but not all 12.

Thanks,

DBM

3. Maccool

Maccool Member

I bought a Yukon SL and the other day when I was sitting in the stand I noticed that I had a crack in the limb right in the cut out by the wheel, now I have a dealer close by should I take it there or send it back to company for repairs. And is there any upgrades that I could have done to this crossbow, like faster limbs better trigger or anything like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated

4. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Maccool,
    There are no upgrades for the Yukon.

Thanks,
    Hoss

5. Maccool

Maccool Member

Ok , should I just take it to the dealer to be fixed or send it back to Horton directly , I realize that it is not under warranty and was just wondering what would be easier and cheaper to get her fixed and back up in the stand with me.

6. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Maccool,
    Once the limbs are replaced, the 3 yr warrenty should start over. Check with the operator that answers the phone to be sure.
    I think it would be a couple days faster for you to call and have it sent directly. It may even be cheaper. You may want to compare with a dealer price compared to us. Some dealers get cheaper shipping.
    I do not know the back-up at this point. We try to get it out 5 working days after reciept. There are alot of bows to be fixed due to people waiting to the last minute to get things fixed, replaced, upgraded, or etc. Ask the operator for the right timing. It may be a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the question,
    Mark W. Beck

7. Maccool

Maccool Member

Thanks Hoss will do

8. hunterfisher

hunterfisher Senior Member

Bad ''Sound Stoppers''

I've gone through two paks of Sound Stoppers, by Horton. First pak wouldn't stick. Sent it back to Cabela's. They sent a replacement. This pak is just as bad. Are these backed by Horton? I don't know what you use for glue but you better change it. I've sent e-mails to Horton, never got a reply. Called Horton, they put me on hold, said I was 4th. in line. 5 min. later they came back on and said I was 5th. in line. I thought ''Horton'' was a better company than this.
    Kenny

9. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

I never had a problem with mine. Maybe your bow has a dirty film or residue not letting them stick as well as they should. Did you clean the bow with anything?

10. hunterfisher

Sure did. Wiped it with alcohol both times. The Explorer was brand new when I tried the first set, so it wasn't dirty.
    Kenny

11. bobm394

bobm394 Member

HOSS

Can the trigger be upgraded to a Talon ULTRA-LIGHT? I thought the trigger on a Yukon SL could be upgraded. I may have misunderstood an earlier post. I hope I am not wrong again:confused: I was planning on sending mine in after the season.

Bob

12. hunterfisher

Hmmmm, guess I'll get no response from HORTON on those ''Sound Stoppers.''
    Kenny

13. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Bob,
    All Yukons have a Talon Series trigger in them. We could put another one in, but you may not notice any difference. That is why we do not have a "upgrade". All triggers are set to 5 lbs +/- 1 lb in the Talon Series. I would hate to take your money for something you may not notice a benefit for. If your trigger is outside the 4 - 6 lbs, then there is something we can do.

Thanks,
    Mark

14. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Kenny,
    I don't know what to tell you about the glue. Once I have someone clean the limb, the stoppers stick.
    You can try to use Loct-Tite supper Glue to hold them on if you want to keep what you have, or send them back, and get limb Tunerz. Limb Tunerz wrap around the limb. No glue needed.
    I am sorry you are having trouble with the phones here. My wife is one of the operators, and she said she averaged 460 calls per week since mid Sept.

Thanks,
    Mark W. Beck

15. hunterfisher

Hoss,
    I put some two sided tape on the pads and they seem to be holding. I can imagine your wife is very busy this time of year. I know ya'll are doing your best.
    I do have one more question for you though. I took my Explorer to the shop where I purchased it, to have the String Stoppers installed. After having this done I noticed on the packaging, it said to put the stoppers right up to the serving. He placed one stopper 1 1/2'' from the serving and the other 1 3/4'' from the serving and both were faceing in the same direction. I've noticed a bit of a change in accuracy. Could this be the problem?
    Thanks for your help,
    Kenny

16. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Kenny,
    I would say YES!. This could have a direct effect on accuracy. The reaction of the string, during the shot, is now off ballance.
    They should be facing opposite of each other, and the "Y" should be next to the serving to center the placement of the stoppers.

Thanks,
    Mark

17. hunterfisher

Thanks Hoss. I went back to the shop where I purchased the bow and showed him the packaging instructions and your reply to my question. He said,...... Hmmmm. I really think he needs to find another line of work. Oh yeah, the Explorer shoots much better now. Thanks for the help.
    Kenny

18. snowman

snowman Member

cable wear question

My dad and I both bought Team Realtree HD 175's about 2-3 months ago. We have shot them enough to get familar with them, but not excessively. Both of our crossbows are showing signs of wear where the cables slide in the stock part of the crossbow - the slot cut into the stock part (I hope that makes sense). On both of our bows, you can see that the cable housing is wearing through and the wire from the cable is visible. Is this typical? What are your suggestions? How often should the cables or string be replaced? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

snowman

19. lady horton

lady horton Industry Professional

Snowman
    Before mid 2007 the coating on the cables was considered normal wear. Does not hurt the cables or the bow. It is caused by a synthetic barrel and a plastic coating on the cables rubbing each other. Mid 2007 Horton started installing a teflon type tape in the cable slide to prevent this. When you have your cables changed ask for the tape to be installed. Recommendation is string yearly cables every two to three years.

Have a great hunt..

Lady Horton

20. snowman

snowman Member

Thanks for the info. It is greatly appreciated.
    snowman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.