Have a question for your Horton factory Representative. Feel free to ask it here.

Discussion in 'Horton Crossbows' started by urban legend, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capo

Capo Member

Horton Hunter

I have Horton Hunter 175. The screw right above safety lock which holds optic is loosening itself for every couple of shots. It results in inaccurate shots. I have to tighten the screw every 5 shots.

This screw is not secured with nut on the other side of the body. It broke down maybe. Can you advise what should I do? Glue it or get nut?
    It is difficult to get nut for the bolt thread like this here.

2. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Capo,
    If there is still thread in the hole, use BLUE Loc-tite on the screw or hole. This should stop the loosening.

Thanks,
    Hoss

3. marin

marin Senior Member

hi horton team. can you please tell me is there diference in trigger beetwen horton summit hd 150 red dot package and summit hd 150 bow only? both talon custom field grade? and how much fps with 420 grain arrow yukon 175lbs black has? and which trigger it has?

4. tgalcorn

tgalcorn Member

cocking stirrup for hoeton crossbow

Yes I was hunting and lost my Horton crossbow stirrup do you know where I can order one Thanks

5. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

tgalcorn
    You could contact your local dealer, or call us direct. (800) 291-3649

Thanks,
    Hoss

6. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

Marin,
    The triggers are the same. Match Grade Trigger.
    The Yukon has a Talon "Field" Grade. The Yukon is a 150# at 260fps. The Summit actually replaced the Yukon in the Horton product line.

Thanks,
    Hoss

7. ChemicalWaste

ChemicalWaste Member

Hunter Express SL

I bought a used Hunter Express SL and I have no idea where to find the serial number so I can't post that. I don't know the draw weight, recommended bolt weight; anything would be helpful. I have a feeling the arrow speed is at or around 305 fps. The guy I bought it from said it was about 2-3 years old. Seems in decent shape. Here are some pictures of it. Hopefully they will help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please excuse the pill in the bottom picture. The snot locker gets stuffy this time of year. It's a Claritin D.

[​IMG]

8. lady horton

lady horton Industry Professional

ChemicalWaste
    Your bow has a 150# draw weight Manufactured around 1997 speed was rated 270 ft per sec recommended arrows are the Lightning Strike mx or Carbon Strike MX with 100 gr points.. Basically the arrows need to be 20" long with moon nocks, total combined weight of arrow and point being over 400 grains. Hope this helps

Lady Horton

9. ChemicalWaste

ChemicalWaste Member

Follow up ?

There is a front end on ebay for an express SL 175#. I wasn't sure if that was for a later model or if it might fit mine. Everything looks the same. [​IMG]I'm honestly not even really considering it. I guess here's the question: Is the main difference between the 150# and the 175# just the front end or is there some restructuring in the body and the trigger mechanism and all that? I guess it's just because I'm curious as to how they were made. Junkie of the show, "How It's made," I suppose.

10. Blackarrow

Blackarrow Member

I have a four year old Horton Explorer 175, which was one of the recall bows due to the problem with the limbs; but that has been resolved by the good people at HORTON. Now the reason that I am writing is this: the camo pattern is the old origional Team Realtree that did not completely cover all of the stock. Would it be possible for Horton to re-dip this bow with the new realtree pattern, and if so, what will be the cost?

11. lady horton

The 150 and 175# are not interchangable as they mount differently on the stocks.

Lady Horton

12. lady horton

Blackarrow
    Sorry we do not redip.

Lady Horton

13. musikma43155

musikma43155 Member

I convinced a friend to hunt outside of the Ohio gun season and helped him select a Horton Super Mag off of craigslist. Well, after owning it for about 2 weeks and having shot it less than 30 times, he noticed one of the wheels has cracked.

Does anyone know is Horton still sells the wheels for this crossbow? Better yet, does anyone happen to have a replacement set? I called Horton a few weeks back and left a message due to them having 12 other callers waiting on hold. He has spent a few hours @ a time on the phone and sent many emails and has not received any response back.

He just spent $140 on this crossbow and barely got 2 weeks worth of use out of it. He's definitely not starting out on the right foot as far as archery is concerned.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

14. ChemicalWaste

ChemicalWaste Member

Thank you muchly! I was just curious for my own reference. Much appreciated!

15. Hoss

Hoss Senior Member

musikma43155,

PM Lady Horton, here on Crossbow Nation. She will get you going.

Thanks,
    Hoss

16. RODCAT

RODCAT Member

Here is my SN D150003 (what year was it made). It was listed as a Horton Hunter 175, but only has Horton printed on the limbs? Also could you tell me what string I need, I would like to have it replaced this year.

Thank you
    Rodcat

17. RODCAT

RODCAT Member

My crossbow Horton.

Attached Files:

18. lady horton

Muiska
    There are two things you can do
    Take it to your local dealer and have them install a conversion kit which includes string, cables and wheels
    or
    Call Horton to receive a return authorization number to send it in to have them do it.

Lady Horton

19. lady horton

Rodcat
    Your bow is a Hunter 175 the string part number would be ST140 and the cables would be ST040.

Lady Horton

20. RODCAT

RODCAT Member

Thanks Lady Horton, much appreciated.
    Regards
    Rodcat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.