Have a question for your TenPoint factory Representative. Feel free to ask it here.

Discussion in 'TenPoint Crossbows' started by urban legend, Mar 26, 2008.

1. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

We are very lucky and thankful to be able to offer our members a direct link to a TenPoint company representative. Please keep all post topics related to TenPoint crossbows.

2. mideerslayer

mideerslayer Senior Member

how long ago did they change there name from Huntsman to Tenpoint?

3. 10PtCrossbow

10PtCrossbow TenPoint Representative

Great question.
    We changed the name in 2000. Technically we are still Hunter's Manufacturing, just DBA TenPoint Crossbow Technologies. It was a great change and has been all uphill from there.
    Randy

jose.a.cruz.98 and ausky1 like this.
  4. walrus

walrus Member

why?

my new profussion come with flat nochs is this a must?

5. 10PtCrossbow

The flats are not a must, but they will shoot better then the half moons. Aso no chance of putting them in the bow incorrectly.

6. walrus

walrus Member

THANK YOU!

7. mechmark

mechmark Senior Member

do all ten points ahave alluminum rails ? gt curve ?

8. 10PtCrossbow

Not all the bows have an aluminum barrel. The Titan, ProFusion and Curve do not. There is virtually no difference in performance.

9. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Senior Member

The GT Curve ROCKS !!!!!!

10. mechmark

mechmark Senior Member

how does the curve compare to a excaliber...equinox or exomax ?

11. crawfordhunter

crawfordhunter Member

stealth x-2

I have a Stealth x-2, bought brand new,my wife accidently through the owners manual away. How can I get a new one, and can you tell me how fast it is rated for?

12. 10PtCrossbow

The Stealth is 185lb draw and 312 fps with a 420 grain arrow.
    I do not have a manual for the Stealth, but click on the link and you can download or print the current version. Most of the info will be the same or better than the old one. The Lazer will be the closest to your Stealth.

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/OwnersManual.asp

Thanks,
    Randy

13. crawfordhunter

crawfordhunter Member

Thanks

Randy, thanks for the help.

14. TenpointTL-7 100#

TenpointTL-7 100# Senior Member

Tenpoint Titan TL-7 Crossbow 165#

My TL-7 came with a pro 40 scope for 20 , 30 , and 40 yard dots. Does this mean that I can shoot a deer at 40 yards and have enough kenic energy. I use easton C2 carbon bolts with a 100 grain thunderhead broadhead weighting 430 grains. The speed out of the crossbow is 270 fps. and I came up with 70# kenic energy out of the crossbow.

15. 10PtCrossbow

The bottom dot will be a couple inches low at 40 yards, but the bow will do its job at that distance. The shot has to be just right. Deer needs to be calm, you need to know distance exactly, wind, etc. Deer has a lot of time to move that far and so you need to make sure all the pieces are right.
    Randy

16. dyeclan

dyeclan Senior Member

Bought my dad a pro fusion from Urban here at the nation, and when we put it together, we both cranked on the main assembly bolt as hard as we could, and it still seems like there's a good bit of tension between the string and the flight rails. Not alot, but more than the 'barely touching or barely above' mentioned in the manual. Any thoughts? Thanks!

17. 10PtCrossbow

Get some shots on it and see how it does. See how the pressure is in the string and also try and snug the main bolt after you get thois shots on it.

18. dyeclan

dyeclan Senior Member

Thanks, we'll check it out! By the way, he called me last night and he had just dropped a doe with it, so he's really excited.

19. DORN3BASE

DORN3BASE Member

just buildt mine

hey, im not sure if your problem is fixed or not, but i was having a similar problem today as i was building my TITAN HLX. i watched the dvd 3 times before i started and mine went nothing like theirs did. basically my problem was the molding was keeping the barrel from properly seating. i had a half inch of aluminum showing on the bottom and didnt think it was right. i took the bolt back out and found where the molding was binding it from seating properly and scratched the plastic off with my fingernail and put it back together. this time both pieces properly seated before i even used the screw. the first attempt i thought the screw would pull the two parts together once i got so far and it didnt. you may want to look at the bottom and see if there is any exposed aluminum. the large screw itself will adjust the string off the rail the tighter you go. i actually had to back mine off a little just to get closer to the rail. hope this helps. dorn

coltchris likes this.
  20. DORN3BASE

DORN3BASE Member

10 point dvd

i watched the 10 point dvd that came with my titan hlx. i saw some younger guy unload his crossbow into a smiley face yellow ball. anyone know where i can get one of these to unload mine every night?