Have a question for your TenPoint factory Representative. Feel free to ask it here.

Discussion in 'TenPoint Crossbows' started by urban legend, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Lscha

Lscha Michigan Crossbow Federation Moderator

WELCOME AlexG! My husband has the Titan and there is no problem with the safety. It automatically engages when you pull the string back and you just push it forward when you are ready to fire. Don't overcrank the Acudraw, and listen for the click.

2. maad

maad Senior Member

Just got a Defender and wondered why have the 6 point series, couldn't you have called it a Tenpoint Defender?:)

3. 10PtCrossbow

10PtCrossbow TenPoint Representative

The TenPoint and 6Point stocks are very different and do not have all the same characteristics. We felt due to the differences, they needed their own name. I have the Defender and love it.

4. maad

maad Senior Member

Thanks next question I see the defender has a combo option, could I get this recurve limb for mine? Also would it be available a year or so down the road.

5. 10PtCrossbow

Yes you can and yes you will be able to.
    Randy

6. coltchris

coltchris Member

Randy:

Could you PM me the price of the Defender front end for my new GT Mag?

Thanks

7. anautical45

anautical45 Member

Hey Randy,

Sorry to ask a repetitive question. I just got my Titan HLX last Monday and have put about 40 shots thru it. When I assembled the bow the string, looking across from pulley to pulley, still has a slight arc to the string bending over the rail. I am confident that I tightened the assembly bolt correctly and tight enough. I didn't have enough strength in my hands to use a allen wrench so I use a small ratchet with a allen socket and tighten till I wasn't comfortable tightening any more. As a mechanic for 15 yrs I sort of have a built in torque wrench. So I knew when to quit before breaking something. I have since I shot it rechecked the bolt and still the same. Is this going to be ok or prematurely wear out my string. I do have all intentions of shooting this bow a lot.

Thanks in advance

Steve

8. AlexG.

AlexG. Senior Member

Same Question

Randy,

I have the same issue as "anautical45". I sent a contact email to ya'll at TenPoint yesterday. My big difference is that I havent shot mine yet. I didnt want to until I got the a-okay from you guys.
    From the way I read this (taken from page 10 of the manual) tightening the main bolt enough will raise or lower the string in respect to the rail.
    After you make sure the main assembly bolts locking setscrew
    is loosened, insert the main assembly bolt and tighten it securely
    with the allen wrench supplied (photo 15). Do not use a
    cheater-bar when tightening the main assembly bolt.
    Note: Keep tightening the main assembly bolt on the GT Curve,
    and Titan HLX until the crossbow string is just barely touching, or
    just above the barrel (rail). If the main assembly bolt is not tight
    enough, there will be excess serving wear on the string. You
    cannot tighten the main assembly bolt enough by hand to
    break it!

Thanks
    Alex

9. 10PtCrossbow

Colt,
    Front ends for that bow are about $470.

10. 10PtCrossbow

Alex and Steve, (I think I got an email from both of you)
    Some barrel pressure is normal. You can't get them all to come up off the barrel. That front end hook up is very solid and hard to strip or break. You can lean on it fairly hard by hand and be fine. If it is as tight as you think you can go, then you are fine.
    Also, do NOT oer oil the barrel. This will actually cause premature serving wear.
    Thanks,
    Randy

11. cjnfiremn

cjnfiremn Senior Member

I had the smae problem when I put my Profusion together. SO I loosened the bolt and I pulled the string up (meaning off the rail) while tightening the bolt and that took care of the problem. I believe it mentioned it in the instructions for one of the bows I have. You may try that. Pull up on it pretty good tighten it see wher it lays, if its just of the rail than your good. If it's to high do it again not pulling up so high. good luck!

12. AlexG.

AlexG. Senior Member

Thats helped!

cjnfiremn...

Wow that helped tremendously! I took a shop rag, rolled it up about the size of a golf ball and put it between the serving and the rail. Then I re-tightened the main bolt and "VIOLA" the perfect gap appears between them!

THANKS!

13. RabidPSUfan

RabidPSUfan Senior Member

Heavy Factory inserts for Pro Elite Arrows

I bought some (carbon) Tenpoint Pro-Elite arrows a few weeks back from Cabelas. Unfortunately, I lost an insert or two in my block target:(
    The inserts in these arrows appeared to be brass.
    Where do I get some more of these inserts or are there other (heavy ones) that will fit these?

Thanks,
    Scott

ps. I did not seem them on Tenpoints website.

14. anautical45

anautical45 Member

cjnfiremn

I did what alex did and put a wrag in between it and the rail holding it up about 1-3/4" off the rail and retightened it. It didn't lift it off the rail but it did take the bow out of the string. So it is much better. Thanks for the tip.

Steve

15. cjnfiremn

cjnfiremn Senior Member

Glad I could help!

16. TenPoint Barb

TenPoint Barb Industry Professional

Rabid,

Give me a call at 330-628-9245 x 112 or Sabrina at x 115 and one of us will get you set!

Barb

17. RabidPSUfan

RabidPSUfan Senior Member

Thanks Barb

I will do that!

18. anautical45

anautical45 Member

Dry Fire Saftey

I was shooting my bow today and after about 8 or 9 shots I cocked the bow and when I went to fire it the dry fire safety was locked in the up position and wouldn't fire. I played around with it and finally when I pulled up the string up with my hand it released (didn't expect that) and all seemed to be ok. I shot it another 5 or 6 times with no issue. Have you heard of this before and if so what do I do about it to prevent it or is something going on that needs attention??

Thanks

Steve

19. 10PtCrossbow

Steve,
    You most likely cocked the bow with the safety in the safe position. This does not cock the bow, but rather just lets the string sit on the DFI.
    When you pulled the string back, you actually finished cocking the bow.
    Thanks,
    Randy

20. anautical45

anautical45 Member

Thanks Randy, I am only a couple of weeks into this. I didn't realize or see what I did. I all looked normal. If it happens again I will pay closer attention. Hopefully it won't. It's great to have you guys here to ask questions for us newbies to the sport.

Thanks again,
    Steve