Have a question for your TenPoint factory Representative. Feel free to ask it here.

Discussion in 'TenPoint Crossbows' started by urban legend, Mar 26, 2008.

1. rgarey77

rgarey77 New Member

Stock and Barrel

Is it possible to purchase an aluminum barrel and stock by itself? I already have a front bow assembly 175lb. Will it fit? And how much would it cost?

2. FAL guy

FAL guy Member

Hey Barb,
    What is the best way to make my Titan HLX a bit quieter? Have you all ever considered a string stop kit? There are already some mounting holes in the frame.

3. FAL guy

FAL guy Member

Anyone?

4. 10PtCrossbow

10PtCrossbow TenPoint Representative

Fal,
    We have looked at them and played with them. They help a little, but not much. The dampening kit we have helps some also. Heavy arrows help as well.
    Randy

5. FAL guy

FAL guy Member

Thanks...I don't think I'll mess with the string stop idea then.

6. Rainwater

Rainwater Member

In 2005 a friend and me drove over the Tennessee line to an archery shop because we didn't want to pay taxes to Ms where Crossbows aren't allowed. We both had disabled permits and were upgrading from cheaper bows. The bows has 10 Point accudraws and Excailbur scopes. They were busy and we bought and payed for the bows without inspecting them much. We had shot others and knew we wanted 10 Points. We noticed the bows themselves were not marked as 10 Points and were told they were the last of 5 he had that was built for 10 Point by PSE. Already paid for, we didn't question it. The bows are still perfect and we hunt them about 4 days a week. My question is was he completely truthful. All the paperwork/warranty was for 10 Points. The bows looked exactly like the 10 Points of that time in Cabela's. Sorry post so long.

7. TenpointTL-7 100#

TenpointTL-7 100# Senior Member

I hunt with a Ten Point Titan TL-7 165#. I shoot a 430gr. arrow with a 100gr. tip at 270fps. Can you tell me what is my max. yardage to shoot at a deer. I killed a 8 point buck at 23 yards and the arrow went straight threw. I just ordered a Ten Point Titan TL-9 for 3D archery only. Ten Point crossbows are great for me. Thank You

8. Cableguy657

Cableguy657 Member

using carbon bolts instead of aluminum

My dealer wanted me to make sure that if I switched from the aluminum arrows that came with the Tital HLX would it void the warrenty.
    If it doesnt what ones would be ok.
    I am assuming that it wont as long as they are the proper weight.
    My thoughts would be to go with a liitle heavier arrow to quiet it down some?

thanks,
    Ken

9. TenPoint Barb

TenPoint Barb Industry Professional

Ken,

You can shoot the carbons but make sure they have a finished weight (field point or broadhead included) of at least 420-grains and they should also have the flat nocks. There is no problem going up in weight, just don't go below the 420-grains.

Good luck with your new bow!

Barb

Garry Wiles likes this.
  10. Cableguy657

Cableguy657 Member

11. AlexG.

AlexG. Senior Member

Web Site Question........

Barb or Randy....

I sent the TenPoint website administrator a email about my logon issues.... but I found out I had the issue because I wanted to add a post(comment) about the post from lasg... He said that he broke a string on a xbow that he bought from David 9/30/09... but then he said that he also lost the quiver mount during a "late spring" hunt in mexico? Am I missing something on the time differential between 9/30/09 and late spring here?

thanks
    Alex

12. Flinch

Flinch Member

Newbie with Ten Point. Ordered CLS Phantom packagefrom Cabelas. The arrows include three Carbon Elite Premium hunting arrows. I have not ben able to find these arrows on line. Carbon arrows yes. Am I confused as to any difference between the premium vs non-premium carbon elites? Please explain.

13. 10PtCrossbow

Alex,
    The date was a typo. He got it in 08, not 09.

Flinch,
    The premium hunter arrows we weight match and spin tune with the broadheads here at the factory. The others are the same set up, just not weighed and tuned.

Randy

14. AlexG.

AlexG. Senior Member

Thanks Randy......

I still havent received anything about not being able to logon to the tenpoint site.........

15. Flinch

Flinch Member

Thanks for the service. I have a new Phantom CLS, received yesterday. Great precision, but it is hedging out to the left with increased distance. Right on at 20 yds. About 1 1/2" to left at 30 yds. andat 40 yds about 4 to 4 1/2" to Lt. I can compensate for this by aiming to the right at 40, and throw all of my shots in the 2" bull all day long. Am I looking at tightening one of the limbs? I measured them in the uncocked position and the left limb may be 1/16 inch shorter (measured to center spot on top of butt stock.

The other thing is the ratchet in the Acudraw stopped working after a dozen shots or so. I pulled the cover off and lubricated the ratchet lever axel and this seemed to clear that up.

Great crossbow, other than the left flying arrows. 40 yds putting them in 2 in. I believe is excellent, and beyond my expectations.

Please email or respond here on the board.
    Thanks,
    Lawrence Russo

16. 10PtCrossbow

Flinch, Seems weird, but probably not the limbs. I have Jake calling you on Monday. Have you adjusted the scope to the right just a little?
    Jake will get you set on the Acudraw issue as well.
    Randy

17. ryno

ryno Senior Member

Quiver problem

I recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a new Titan HLX. Love it, have already taken 2 deer. The only problem is Saturday the Pin and Flipper (don't know what else to call it) that hold the quiver in place on the quiver mount fell off the bow for some reason and I could not find it. Is this something I can get from my local dealer or will I need to order it from Ten Point?

Thanks,

Joe

18. 10PtCrossbow

Ryno,
    Give me a call at 330-628-9245 and I'll get one in the mail to you. That part is made by Bohning and they have had some trouble with it.
    Thanks,
    Randy

19. ryno

ryno Senior Member

Randy:

I left you a voice mail with my number. Please call me.

Thanks.

20. 10PtCrossbow

I called and left a message. Tag, your it!