Have a question for your TenPoint factory Representative. Feel free to ask it here.

Discussion in 'TenPoint Crossbows' started by urban legend, Mar 26, 2008.

1. ryno

ryno Senior Member

Thanks for the quick response Randy. Left you the address.

Love the bow. It sure does shoot smooth. Love the trigger. Have taken two deer at 20 and 35 yds and each shot was perfect. My 13 year old got to practice with it the other day and he had a blast. I can't wait for him to get to use it in the field.

2. 10PtCrossbow

10PtCrossbow TenPoint Representative

Parts on the way!

3. jeffhunter1

jeffhunter1 Member

I have a Tenpoint Defender CLS and the quiver bracket that mounts on the bow cracked,and the part on the quiver that slides into the bracket also cracked.I bumped the quiver on the side of a tree,not even that hard and it cracked.Can I get a new quiver and mounting bracket?I also emailed you through your website.Thanks,Jeff.

4. 10PtCrossbow

Jeff,
    I replied to your email.
    Randy

5. jeffhunter1

jeffhunter1 Member

Thank you for the fast response.I believe that Tenpoint has the best customer service in the industry!! Keep up the great work!

Garry Wiles likes this.
  6. 10PtCrossbow

Parts are on the way.

7. CanadianChris

CanadianChris Member

GT Curve Options

Hi I have a couple questions regarding my recently purchased GT Curve..

I was just wondering what Vibration & Sound Dampening options are compatible with the GT Curves Limbs?

Also which Ten Point front ends are compatible with the GT Curve, I'm considering buying a compound front-end in the future, am I limited to only the HLX front end or is it possible to mount the Laser front-end etc?

I purchased both the TenPoint Rail & Trigger Lube as well as the Microlon Lubricant, as my rail is not aluminum which is the better of the two to use?

My ACUDraw's spring for my engage lever seems to only click the safety lever in every once in awhile (or if I nudge it while cranking), should I open the casing for my ACUDraw and attempt to remount the spring? If the spring is missing or snapped can I replace it myself? I found this post on the Ten Point forum regarding the same issue. Should I attempt to hot-glue the spring as advised here? Will this affect my ACUDraw warranty?

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1826&posts=4

Lots of questions but I figured I would ask here in the public as others in the future may have similar questions. Thanks A Lot! I shot my Ten Point today for the first time and I loved it!

8. 10PtCrossbow

Chris,
    Wow, lots of questions, I will do my best.

I do not have a dampening package for the recurve limbs, but the stick on style Limbsavers will help some, as will a retention spring dampener.

Yes, both the Lazer and HLX front ends will fit on the Curve.

Both will work for the barrel although I am a fan of the HCA-111 rail and trigger lube for the barrel. The microlon is very nice for the trigger box with that needle applicator.

Your spring is still on the Acudraw if it is working sometimes. Get with your local dealer and he can get you a new spring. One easy fix is a 9/16 inside diameter oring from any hardware store. Another easy thing to try is with a pair of needle nose pliers, just roll the loop end of the spring up about 1/2 a turn. Both should solve your problem there. Neither will effect your warranty.

Good questions by the way. let me know if you need more detail.

Randy

9. crowbar

crowbar Member

I have a Titan HLX. When I first got it my serving raveled within 50 shots and I took it back to the sport shop and they replaced it. Now that I'm hunting with it, I just noticed that the yellow serving over the large cam is separating and showing black on both sides. Is this normal? Is it something I have to have fixed? Did I just not notice it before? Thanks

10. 10PtCrossbow

Crowbar,
    Yes, the serving will naturally gap on the wheel because you are bending it around the wheel. Unless it is actually losse and coming undone, I would not be too concerned about that.
    Thanks,
    Randy

11. crowbar

crowbar Member

That's great news! Thanks.

12. Cactus

Cactus Senior Member

Ten Point Crossbows

Everyone, I just wanted to comment on the Ten Point Crossbows. Both Cutting Edge and I have a Titan TL-7 and have been taking some animals with them, they're deadly within 40 yards. Reading about all the other Xbows the Ten Points seem to be the only ones that do not have any major problems all others have limb and string problems of some kind. We've decided that when we upgrade we'll stay with Ten Point, they're a good cost effective product with excellent service and a very good serviceable one at that. Cactus

13. Flinch

Flinch Member

I shoot a Phantom CLS. I have some brand new 330 aluminum bolts. Are these too light to use for trash arrows to unload the bow at the end of a hunt?

14. anautical45

anautical45 Member

Dry Fire Saftey

Sometimes when I cock my bow the dry fire lever will not drop down on the arrow. I have to continue to recock the bow and have had to release the string and recock it before it will work. What am I doing wrong or is something out of adjustment or does this just happen sometimes??

Thanks

Steve

15. ryno

ryno Senior Member

This also has happened to me 2x. First time I thought was a fluke. 2nd time was yesterday. Had to mess with it in the stand to get it cocked. Would not have been a good situation if a big ole buck had of come by and bow would not have been cocked.

After hunting I spent some time practice shooting and trying to make sure I was cocking the bow correctly. It still failed to cock correctly once out of about 8 times. Am I doing something wrong or have there been other problems like mine and Steves. I have a Titan HLX

16. don

don Member

I just had to send back my new phantom bow with splintering limbs in the start of the rut whats up ?

17. Gimmymac

Gimmymac Getting More Senior By The Minute Member

TP Lazer HP

Randy, were you at Bowie Outfitters in Baton Rouge, La. for their tent sale, the last week of July or the first week of August? My bow I ordered came in during that time and Bruce, the salesman told me that the factor rep. put my bow together. If it was you, sorry I missed you and thanks for taking the time to put it together. I don't know if I would have figured it out. OBW, I love my TP Lazer HP., but no luck sticking one so far.

18. 10PtCrossbow

Sorry guys, I was hunting for a couple days and not computer accessable.

Flinch,
    With 100 grain tips you should be fine. I stilluse aluminums to hunt with. They work well.

45 and Ryno,
    Make sure you are putting the safety inthe FIRE position when you cock the bow. Also, put some oil in the trigger box. A dry trigger box can cause the safety to engage first which does not let the string catch drop. If you do both of these things I think you will be fine.

Don,
    Regardless of how much we try, there is some limb splintering. We handle it as best and quickly as we can. This is one reason we push people toget their equipment out early and do plenty of shooting before season. It gives them a chance to inspect stuff and if there is a problem, lots of time to get it solved.

Gimmy,
    I was not down there. That would have been Curt, my LA rep.
    I was down there last year in the fall though. Great guys and nice shopping. They had major road construction when I was there!

Thanks,
    Randy

19. ryno

ryno Senior Member

Randy,

Not sure about the 1st time bow did not fully load, but the last 2 times I know the safety was in fire position. After thinking about it I remembered that this happened to the salesman at the store when I bought it. I did oil the trigger box well when I bought it (just over a month ago) I will go do that again now.

Thanks.

20. anautical45

anautical45 Member

Thanks Randy,

I will do the same and if I have a problem I will let you guys know.

Thanks,

Steve