Headhunter bolt weights

Discussion in 'Barnett Crossbows' started by lemmylou, Sep 21, 2012.

1. lemmylou

lemmylou New Member

Folks looking for input. I've read through a lot of the posts and still not clear on the weight of arrows. Jesse had a post that said that a 20" Easton Headhunter that comes with the crossbow weigh 310 grains without the field tip. I was almost sure that I also read he mentionend they were 13.8 gpi which would give a 20 inch shaft a weight of 276 grns. I think I've also seen that the Headhunter shaft was 10.5 gpi. Anyone know which it is? If I assume 8 grn for a vane X 3 vanes = 24 grns. Add 12 grns for a nock and 57 grns for aluminum insert and a bit of glue, I calculate the bolt should weigh 374 grns using the 13.8 gpi or 308 using the 10.5 gpi. So, does anyone know if the bolts are 13.8 or 10.5?

Thanks for the input.

2. fe1

fe1 Member

My 22" HeadHunters weigh 332 grains total w/o field tips.

3. DeadZombie

DeadZombie Member

JCAT likes this.
  4. lemmylou

lemmylou New Member

Good info and I appreciate the input. What about the 20" Headhunters?

5. ridgerunr

ridgerunr New Member

From Barnetts Web site, the 20" headhunter carbon arrow are 400.6 gr in weight. I found this because I was looking for the weight for the same arrows

6. Muley Hunter

Muley Hunter Member

My 20" weighed 410gr with a 100gr field tip. The FOC is pretty low. I switched to Spynal Tapp 20' with 110gr insert and 125gr heads for a weight of 445gr and an FOC of 20%. I find they fly straighter and are stronger than the Headhunters. Especially, with fixed broadheads.

two tines likes this.
  7. One less thumb

One less thumb New Member

I got three packs of 20" headhunters and one pack weighs 15grains lighter than the other two boxes .I bought them from the same seller and they are the same length with the same knocks .bought them together. I actually got a forum on here about it.10 bolt weigh 19.3 grams 5 bolts weigh 20.4 grams without field points .hope this helps........ btw 1 gram =15.43 grains

8. rock74

rock74 Active Member

I just weighed 2 at 312 grns ea fletched with out points.

9. One less thumb

One less thumb New Member

I'm weighing bolt rite now even though I know what they weigh. .......I'm I crazy? ?????