HHA Optimizer won't fit on my Matrix 380, yet.

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by bltefft, Jan 12, 2016.

1. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

I got my second HHA Optimizer today and right away discovered it won't fit on the 380. The top of the 380 is too wide and the Speed Dial hits it.

So I ordered the HHA Extension from Wyverns. I had to use the extension to get the HHA Optimizer to work with my 2015 Orion 160 Extreme - because the speed dial was in the way of the cocking sled going past it.

So, I know how to add the extension.

Just letting other Matrix owners know. If I had known ahead of time, I could have ordered the extension along with it. Now, I have to wait a few more days before I can attach the HHA Optimizer to the 380.

Bobby

2. bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit Active Member

Sorry to hear, but once you get the required part, it will work. I'm happy with the one I put on the Barnett Ghost 410.
    All the best.

3. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

No doubt in my mind, bunny. When I got the extension for my first one, the HHA Optimizer became a great addition to my Orion.

4. Sidney

Sidney New Member

Could you please post image of how HHA hits the M380? I had one on the same crossbow and had no problem. Maybe because I had tact-zone on it, so HHA didn't need to be so much forrward on "scope rail".

6asfa.jpg 8asfafsaf.jpg

bltefft likes this.
  5. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

Will do. Later today. The simple matter is that the part of the 380 "receiver" under the rail is so wide that the wheel (the speed dial) hits it. and because of that the HHA won't sit down flush on the rail.

6. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

Sidney, I'll post a picture later, I[ve already put the "old" scope back on. When I again remove it to put on the HHA, I'll snap a picture.

7. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

Hey Sidney, I just realized how you got the HHA on without a problem - your speed dial is set farther back than I set mine. I'm gonna try that with mine and see how I like it.

Bobby

8. Sidney

Sidney New Member

Yeah that is the way, how I had mine HHA on M380. I meant it in the post #4, but my english is bad, so maybe you didn't understand.
    Try it and you will see - with Tact-Zone scope is no problem having HHA a little bit back, because you don't need much space between scope eyer relief and your eye. But for example with my Vortex Viper XBR scope, you have to have the scope much more in front of the rail, because Eye Relief is aprox. 4 inches (In tact-zone maybe 2 inches).

9. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

Sidney, I tried it and it worked great. I took the extension off and shot it a few times today. All is well. I have the HHA zeroed for 20 yards, then it got dark outside. Tomorrow, I'm gonna chrony the 380 to see which reference number to start with. I'll shoot at 30 yards, then 40, then 50 and finally 60. I plan to "walk" the zero out to 60 yards that way.

I'm glad you took the time to post those pictures. I have a second HHA on my Scorpyd Orion. I'm gonna see if, by sliding the HHA rearward, if it will fit cleanly on my Scorpyd Orion. If it does, I'll take that extension off, too.

Bobby

10. bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit Active Member

bltefft: Glad to hear things are working out for you.
    Sidney: Nice information. Thanks for sharing.
    All the best.

11. Sidney

Sidney New Member

I'm glad, that I helped you guys.

12. bltefft

bltefft Active Member

I tried the HHA, without the extension, on my Scorpyd Orion 160 Extreme and even with the HHA positioned as far to to the rear as I can get it, the cocking sled still hits the HHA's Speed dial. So, I must use the HHA extension with the Orion.

Just thought I'd pass that on.

Bobby