Horton Legacy 175 or Excalibur Axiom

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by Scooby, May 15, 2011.

1. Scooby

Scooby New Member

Hello All, I have narrowed down my search of crossbows to the Horton Legacy 175 or Excalibur Axiom. I would like to ask for opinions on which is better and why, or if there is a better choice for around the same monies?

2. I don't knowed nutten about the Horton cept others views. I haven't owned or shot the Axiom but i have had Excal Recurves fer close to 15 yrs now. Personally the excal is the better brand & more dependable. I have killed a many of Tick Toter using my Excal Bow :thumbsu:

3. cabinfever

cabinfever New Member

I have both brands. Both are nice bows. I like the Excalibur for the easy maintenance at home with no bow press

4. bpat02385

bpat02385 Active Member

I 've owned a horton ledgend (175lb) and i currently own an excalibur ibex (175lb). Both are good bows, speed is close (slight edge to the horton) but the excal is the more accurate of the two hands down...not even close!!! Throw in the ease of maintanance, ability to change your own strings and the excal warranty and it's a no brainer for me!!

5. denisdendenis

denisdendenis New Member

[​IMG] do not know about horton... got a excalibur equinox .i did a robin hood shoot at 50 yard.when i was ajusting the scope for the frist time. so i leard not to haim same spot twice :thumbsu:
    for me excalubur all the way!!!

6. LOON

LOON New Member

That's more accurate then the best high powered rifles. Should make Ginues book of records

7. gendoc

gendoc Member

excal hands down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsu: