HORTON ZOMBIE RIP SCOPE PACKAGE

Discussion in 'Horton Crossbows' started by deerslayer77, Jul 11, 2013.

1. deerslayer77

deerslayer77 New Member

I picked up four, Zombie RIP scope package crossbows this week at Woodbury Outfitters in Jeffersonville, OH. I only paid $179.99 each! All of which do not have the vibration dampening kit but do have the revised riser. I will be giving them to my kids to use for whitetail hunting this fall. I have not assembled any of them, but before I do, I just thought that I would ask you guys and gals for your advice.

I shot one at the store with the supplied BoneCollector arrows, 100gn. field point and it was suprisingly loud. I plan on slowing down the release with 125gn. points to start. Also, I will be using a silicon based rail lube and only lightly wax the string and buss strands.

If you have any do's or don't's when it comes to shooting, assembling or maintaining the bow, I would appreciate the feedback. Anything issue that I can avoid will save me 4 times the time and cost in repairs.

Thanks in advance

2. Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss Member

The brotherhood line hasn't had the inserts since the first year. No worries there. Make sure you watch the cams as they had a tendency to seize up and cause limb failure. Willie at woodbury is familiar with the issue. A good limb tuner will help. At least it's not as loud as the TRT Ultralite. Good luck with them.

3. Lastinline

Lastinline Active Member

how does a cam sieze up? the rail is synthetic i thought on those. do they need lube?

4. Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss Member

The cam (wheels) sets on an axle. There is some problems where the cam binds to the axle and causes torque on the limbs. Keep them lubricated.

5. deerslayer77

deerslayer77 New Member

Cam axles lubrication is part of my PM but I will make sure to oil them up front. Anybody having great success their arrow/broadhead combination in any Brotherhood bow?