how well do Parker String Suppressors work

Discussion in 'Parker Crossbows' started by crazycharger, Sep 18, 2012.

1. crazycharger

crazycharger Member

I just Purchased a Parker ThunderHawk (Tomahawk) and im looking to start quieting it down a little bit. first off on my list is Parker string suppressors. just wondering how much those help with the noise. I am not expecting the impossible but im looking to at least get it a bit better than it is.

2. wphudson

wphudson Member

I installed mine last week and noticed that the "Tone" of the string is deeper / lower which does make some difference. The biggest difference that I noticed is the reduced vibration of the crossbow as a whole which is also a plus.
    During my compound bow days...it seemed that string sliencers did more but we have to understand that the string on a compound bow moves around 29 inches and the travel on a crossbow may only be 10 to 12 inches but with a lot more force.

With that being said.... it does help the sound "some" but to be honest....it's about the difference between a high pitched "ting" vs a lower pitch 'thud". But all in all it does help and the reduced vibration is a plus.... and it feels as if they added a bit of extra kickback as well. But remember that they need to be set up right. I seen someone post a negative feedback on them but the picture they provided showed the suppressors about 1/2 inch away from the string...which isn't a correct setup.

They don't add that much weight so....... it's kind of your call. Can we actually quiet the crossbow down enough to take a second shot IF we didn't scare off the intended traget after the first shot???? ... And how fast can we actually reload and not get caught doing so. ( But again I feel as if they have reduce some of the vibration and that may help save wear on the string, limbs and some of the screws coming / vibrating loose... you get the idea.)

Just my 2 cents..... I'd like to hear from others.

3. briarpatch

briarpatch Senior Member

I installed them on my Tornado. Easy to install...worth the money. they change the 'twang' to a 'thud'.....by taking the vibration out, it makes it a lot more comfortable to shoot. As far as noise reduction....it was not noticeable to me.....and no deer have lived through the experience long enough to clarify it for me

4. crazycharger

crazycharger Member

okay i think i might have to give these a try. just gonna do what i can to get it better for hunting

5. Para069

Para069 New Member

I test fired both a Gale Force and a Tornado F4 w/ the suspressors and at least six other xbows without any type of device and was very impressed. They do a very good job on both noise and vibration. Was the main reason I ordered a Horent Extreme vs a Thunderhawk , the horent came with them already installed.

6. oldhoosier

oldhoosier Member

X2. I agree.

7. cattrapper

cattrapper New Member

worth every penny

8. graveyard zombie

graveyard zombie Senior Member

I also was wondering if they were worth the money for a Thunder Hawk. It seems more and more crossbows and compound bows are putting them on so I was trying to decide if they actually work or if they were just a fad that we sometimes get caught up in. I just got a Thunder Hawk, crossbow only, so I haven't shot it yet. I've got to get some scope mounts since the scope I bought doesn't include them and the T.H. has an elongated scope rail so I need mounts that are either medium or high so the scope will sit off the rail some. I plan on going to B.P. tomorrow, Tuesday, to get the mounts and I know they sell the suppressors so I'm trying to decide on getting a pair. My whole idea of the T.H. was the light weight and as a bare bow it sure balances better than most. But I don't think the suppressors would weigh enough to tilt the front end noticiably either.

9. wphudson

wphudson Member

They don't weigh that much and they do make a few differences. Double check BP....as they were out of them a few weeks back but they may have got another shipment in. I got my Tomahawk / Thunderhawk as a complete kit so I can't help you on the correct scope mounts rings. I'm sure you will enjoy it once you have it all set up the way you like it.

10. kyxbow57

kyxbow57 New Member

I have two Hornet's,one with and one without the string suppressors. When both are shot side-by-side I can tell a slight reduction in the noise but a noticable difference in the type of noise.As mentioned above it is change from a "whack" to a "thump". It makes the bow more enjoyable to shoot but whether or not it makes enough difference to affect a hunting situation , hard to say.

11. crazycharger

crazycharger Member

does anyone know a good place to get them for a decent price?

12. Downeaster

Downeaster Active Member

I haven't installed them yet, but it didn't make much difference to the buck I tagged on the 2nd day of the
    archery season in Maine. The arrow went through his lungs before he even had a clue.

13. crazycharger

crazycharger Member

down easter do you have anything on your xbow for noise reduction?

14. Lou DeMartino

Lou DeMartino New Member

will the
    Parker Crossbow String Suppressor Kit work on my Terminator 175?

thanks
    Lou

15. RickD

RickD Active Member

Copy and paste from Parkers website. Crossbow String Suppressor Kit.

• Dramatically reduce the sound and vibration of the crossbow string.

• Easily installs in minutes with basic tools.

• Tunable for precision performance.

• Only designed to fit Parker crossbow models indicated.

All hardware included to install.

Will ONLY fit 2009 & 2010 Cyclone's, Hurricane's, and Tornado's.
    Specifications
    Parker String Suppressor Kits include:

* 2 Custom riser mounts
    * 2 Hex screws
    * 2 Washers
    * 2 Rods
    * 2 Ultra Soft string bumpers #38-233
    For 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cyclone and Tornado models
    #38-234
    For BushWacker and Enforcer models
    #38-235
    For Hornet Extreme
    #38-2351
    For Tomahawk & Challenger

16. crazycharger

crazycharger Member

just got $50 in cabelas gift cards and was going to order the suppessors for my tomahawk/thunderhawk but i see they do not list them on their website. i know the other thing i want to get for my crossbow is the Parker RedHot arrows but the price for those through cabelas seems high at $69.99 for 6.

They are building a new cabelas store about 15 mins from my home but it wont be open until mid March but i dont know if i want to wait that long to get new stuff for the crossbow

17. bukhuntr

bukhuntr New Member

best price i found for the suppressors is www. eders.com

18. crazycharger

crazycharger Member

eders has a great price but the cost of shipping puts them well over what i can get them from other places