Intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by grydsrt, Dec 25, 2015.

1. grydsrt

grydsrt New Member

Thank you all for the massive amounts of information you have posted on this website. A few members in particular seem to have answers to questions that have not yet occurred to me. One member of note, crappie-tom, seems to make my day every time I read his posts.

For whatever reason pulling back on a vertical bow string makes me queasy? The same sort of feeling led me to deploy on three separate occasions in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) as an 11b. The deployment in '07-'08 in downtown Baghdad with 1ID was pretty much what you would expect to have gotten out of an 11b tour overseas. The other two were either like working in MWR for KBR or perhaps Cosovo although I have never been. Suffice it to say the most exciting part of that tour was when Joe discovered that the on-JSS haiji shop sold fried egg sandwiches.

That being said, tne thing I cannot stand is when people thank me for my service. Seriously? Just because you personally did not feel the urge to join the military yourself does not mean that I was doing you personally a favor by going overseas. In light of how much freakin' effort it took me to get back into the military after a break of service I am more grateful that you can possibly imagine that the army took a chance on me. If you really want to thank me start the gratuities start $100 and ask me for my paypal address.

Outside of work I like to shoot things with rifles at long distances. It really frustrated me at first when the Realtree boys were never pulling out their rifles to shoot deer on the Monster Bucks videos. However when Texas decided to legalize crossbows for deer I felt like that would be a reasonable compromise between shooting sub-MOA groups at 500 yds and Bill Jordan's Carbon Matrix. After making that decision you guys on here have allowed me to get up to speed on the horizontal bow so much more quickly than the bow salespeople at my local bass pro could ever possibly have.

After going through three (3) stryker strykeforce SZ's and Solutions in approximately one year I am now the proud owner of a Scorpyd Vtec 175. I'm still learning, however you can learn on a porsche just as easy as you can a ford. Thanks again!

2. FX4SHOOTER

FX4SHOOTER Well-Known Member

Welcome to CBN! Enjoy that Porsche!

3. Fullquiver

Fullquiver Active Member

Welcome to the Nation...

4. Hunter2

Hunter2 Senior Member

Welcome to the Nation

5. hlcclh

hlcclh Active Member

Welcome to the Crossbow Nation.