Crossbow Nation banner

Just got a supercoil need some help

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mley1 
#1 ·
hi I am new to the forum and crossbows. I just got a supercoil this week and I am noticing a lot of serving separation. I bought the bow from bass pro, so I am not sure how many times people tested it out. Is the factory string any good? Is there a recommendation for aftermarket? The bow is great though I love it. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
First, congrats on the bow. I love shooting mine and you won't be disappointed. Second, the factory string is good. If your serving is loose either take it back to Basspro for re- stringing the serving or maybe bwttwr to take it to your local archery shop and let them do it and get to know you and the bow.

#4 ·
Congrats on your new xbow and welcome to the boards. :)

#5 ·
My original string didn't last long either. I ordered a new string and cables from a sponsor here, 60X. While I was waiting for my new strings to arrive, I cut me some thin strips (1/8) of really fine sand paper. I slipped the paper under the trigger housing around the string hooks and sanded any burs that mite be there. Since, I have shot about the same amount of shot with no wear or separation. Could have been the string or burs, or now a better string, don't know, but problem solved.

Congrats on the new xbow and welcome to the site.

Reactions: Jigga
#9 ·
Yea, mine has some slight separation in a couple spots on the cams. Nothing where the arrow goes. The serving itself is tight, and it hasn't worsened since I got my crossbow. So, I'm going to use it as is until I see some worsening of the condition. Shoots great as is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.