Linking to Other sites.

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by SPECIALIZED, Feb 21, 2010.

1. SPECIALIZED

SPECIALIZED Super Moderator

The use of Links.Lately we at Crossbow Nation have been trying to come up with a policy on linking to other sites. We tried not allowing any links and soon realized that this simply would not work. What we are trying to accomplish by enforcing a linking policy is to keep content on the Crossbow Nation site. In the past, we have seen such links to YouTube that had inappropriate content and links to other forums that end up in an abundance of un-welcomed guests. Both are things that we just don't need here at CN. We now realized that in certain situations, a link to another site may be the only way to relay information effectively. So we will be allowing links, but in the end it is up to the Administrators, and or Moderators discretion as to the value of the content supplied by the link. Furthermore, linking to, or plugging your favorite dealer will not be allowed unless they take part in the Crossbow Nation advertising programs.

7. Linking - Links to manufacturers and personal pages will be tolerated. You may not link to any direct competitor of CrossbowNation.com, E-bay or similar type web sites, or link to just advertise a product or service. Furthermore, linking to your favorite dealer or anything other than a casual mentioning of a dealer is not allowed unless they take part in the Crossbow Nation advertising program. We reserve the right to delete any link for any reason.

2. coyote170

coyote170 Banned

So if my "favorite dealer"advertises on this forum he can be mentioned
    in my posts then?

3. Buck Buster

Buck Buster Flying Dutchman

Wise words

4. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

As of now, no dealers will be able to advertise on crossbow nation. This may change in the future. We all know who your favorite dealer is anyhow. All you have to do is go look on any other forum and read one of your replies.

5. coyote170

coyote170 Banned

He does have great customer service,and Im not the only one who feels that way
    as you can see from other replies from different people.I wish you the best of luck
    but feel that I will not be posting here anymore,and I think that David sticks to the
    Map structure system beyond a doubt and who ever is spreading the rumor he is
    not should check their own back yard out.

6. Moon

Moon Senior Member

Am I missing something ?

I have not heard of anyone here accuse Wilkins of selling below MAP. He spends quite a bit of time on the other site promoting and has a following. Nothing wrong with that but put the shoe on the other foot for a moment. If Wilkins was operating a crossbow forum of his own in addition to his Internet sales and a competitor dealer's followers tended to often mention their favorite dealer in their posts, how long do you think that would last? JMO, but I think not long. Please keep in mind, Coyote, CN serves a tremendously valuable service to us crossbow fans, a service that, IMO, is just as valuable as any one dealer in this country and more so to some. Wilkins and Urban are both respected in the industry and rightfully so and it's unfortunate that people want to play one off the other. Bottom line is to respect what each is doing while keeping in mind they are competitors. Again, JMO:)

7. SPECIALIZED

I have never heard of the rumor of which you speak , have not seen this in any post,pm or thread on crossbow nation, YOUR post is the first I have seen to even mention this. If you choose to not post on crossbow nation that is your prerogative

Wired Wrong likes this.
  8. urban legend

Don't know what your talking about.:D Sorry to hear you'll be leaving us. :seeya:

9. Hunter2

Hunter2 Senior Member

Best site

This is the best site on the web for the crossbow user and enthusiast. U/L and Specialized do agreat job no matter what brand you support and keep people in step so to speak. I thank them for all the hard work they do so a site like this can be a reality. Good job. Hunter2:)

10. SPECIALIZED

Hunter2,Thank you very much.:D

11. mechmark

mechmark Senior Member

x2

you guys get my vote 2 a big bravo zulu (for you non naval people
    thats a navy way of saying atta boy !!!!)

putting up with us old farts with differing viewpoints and opinions cant be easy.

but u guys try to without ruffling anymore feathers than necessary.

as xbownation continues to grow i think this challenge will grow as well.

and i appreciate a forum that i can express my sometimes passionate
    viewpoints without censure ship even tho my views may not be the same as others

keep up the good work boys and thanx for puting up with a old navy fart.!!

Old school bowhunter likes this.
  12. ronwend523

ronwend523 New Member

:( First of all it's sad to see members that have so much share and have so much in common, come to hard feelings. We all have differences of opinion and that is a positive thing. In an effort to make a place that we can come to and enjoy others experiences and knowledge, there have to protective measures in place to keep what we have, free of measures that can damage the intent of the site. If that makes any sence. In each of our back fourtys, we have available to our needs, special people and places we enjoy dealing with, that make crossbow hunting and shooting more intreaging to us. These people and places are special to us and we are appreciative that we have them. That's the beauty of America, there are more than one place to gather all the goodies for our sport. And they all are in compition with the next guy, for your dollar. To share your experiences and purchase knowledge is a part of of what we do here along with all the how-to's. To bring into play, information that takes away from this site that we enjoy, is harmful and distuctive. This can't be allowed and if we are to continue to enjoy what is available on this site, we must follow the protective measures. That shouldn't be so difficult to understand. I tip my hat to these fellows that are giving us such a great place to come together, from ways of life and various levels of skill and exchange words of friendship, knowledge and passion for the sport we love. Keep it up fellas. :)

Old school bowhunter likes this.
  13. SPECIALIZED

Thanks sliver shooter,we appreciate your thoughts and words and will endeavor to make our crossbow nation even bigger and better. ;)

14. vh64

vh64 Member

Oops! I mentioned a person, place I bought a bow at. I apologize didn't even think about it when I wrote it.

15. Hardawaypoints

Hardawaypoints Member

I post the link to this site much more than I post other sites here. This is the most kick@$$ crossbow site on the internet. I'll do what it takes to keep it that way and to stay a member here.

Jim

16. jdp1207

jdp1207 Member

I used this site for reference before finally joining.
    I'm not one to post for conversation and the attraction to this site was the lack of BS and the friendly people on board, no other site I found compared to this.
    Keep up the good work, the majority will appreciate it.

17. SPECIALIZED

Thank you for your comments.

18. urban legend

Yes. Thank you very much.

19. stm

stm Junior Member

I agree Hunter2, love the site and enjoy spending time on it. I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone involved in making this site happen and appreciate your time and effort. STM.

20. FuzzyFultz

FuzzyFultz Active Member

Well I have been a member long enough and have ask enough questions, that I now think I can post here. I love this site and all the nice people here. Glad to feel apart of it, and if I can be of help or service to anyone here, it would be my pleasure to lend a hand. Thanks To Urban Legend and Specialized for all they do and put up with. I can not type hardly at all with out misspelling a word or a type error or arranging my words incorrectly. So if I offend someone, or do something out of the rules of arrangement here, please let me know and give me a chance to make amends. I know I once posted something from the e-bay once. Specialized just let me know and I watch about that. Good place to come to and acquire so much information and a good laugh every now and then to. I believe I have made a few friends to.

Maybe some time in the future, we could all plan a get together. Some time in the summer, when everyone is not so busy hunting and so forth. Maybe somewhere that we could ride our bikes (motorcycles) to and camp out or stay in near by hotels. Play some horse shoes and have a shoot or something, just for fun or maybe someone would donate a crossbow or something. Has that ever been tried yet Urban Legend ? Also while I am in the nosy mood, how do you fund this site without dues or donations ? I know I belong to another forum very similar to this one. It is called VentureRider.org. Don (whom we call THE BOSS) ask for a $12.00 a year due. It works fine for him and I love the site. It is a Yamaha motorcycle site that has all kinds of different motorcycle riders and members but a lot of good people just like here. I have neglected that site lately because of this one. I have been a member there for 4 years now.