Linking to Other sites.

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by SPECIALIZED, Feb 21, 2010.

1. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

The site used to have a store the funded it as well as me selling advertising on the site too. I did away with the store except for CN merchandise. There is a donation button in the upper right of the side bare if anyone wanted to make a contribution. It would be greatly appreciated. As far as charging for a membership, it is something that I hope I never have to do, but may consider an upgraded membership in the future that would cost a small yearly fee. This upgraded membership would include rooms not accessible by the standard membership along with some other features I am keeping on the down low for now. Who knows, it may never happen.

Attached Files:

2. FuzzyFultz

FuzzyFultz Active Member

Thanks Urban, I will check that out. Hope it is PayPal set up. What about a get together sometime ? Have you given this any thought ? I hope I am not starting something here, but just wondering. I know the site I mentioned did the same as you say. But he had to finally start a membership. I said I been a member for four years, but I think it has been longer than that. But he also uses the same moneys every year and has a "Maintenance Day Gathering". We all get together and help one another do some maintenance to our bikes. Also eat and have some music and good clean fun. No alcohol is allowed and it is a good gathering.

3. urban legend

The members have had a few get togethers here from the Nation. Mostly in Texas for a hunt. Some of the members have very graciously hosted it on there own land or leases.

4. grayfox

grayfox Junior Member

I love you guys, but you have caused me to spend an awful lot of Money !!!

FuzzyFultz likes this.
  5. urban legend

That happens around here. :money: :bling:

6. FuzzyFultz

FuzzyFultz Active Member

Yes x 2 ... I love the challenge of these crossbows.

7. jon.henry755

jon.henry755 Well-Known Member

Hi Urban Legend,
    I know this comment is probably not going to be the most popular one that's been posted, but you would think that grown adults who are smart enough to figure out how to find and sign onto this website would have clearly understood that it's not a democracy. The people in this country or anywhere else for that matter, who go through the time, work and expense of building and setting up websites that cater to special interest groups and provide a gatherig place to support their interests have a right to impose any rules they see fit. That's the privelge of ownership.

To many people lose sight of the fact that these intellectual property belong to someone other than ourselves and although we have the privledes of an invited guest, we do not possess the rights of an owner, therefore we can follow the simple rules and continue to return, at our own discretion or we can have the guest privledges revoked.

It might help if we all remember who's house we're in from time to time and remember why we came here. It's amazing how fast these realities seem to get lost once people become seasoned members.

Just one mans thoughts!

Regards,

Xbow755

8. dropzone

dropzone Member

This is the only sight I visit regular, I do appreciate all the work you guys do to keep this a friendly place to come to. Thanks guys!

9. esmwyo32

esmwyo32 New Member

I like this site and i agree with everyone here it great site to show of the stuff the member build and the great advice and ideas keep up all the great stuff here i know this site help lot being kind new to crossbows

10. Rog

Rog Active Member

Me too Fuz, sounds good. And this old Marine gets all his my fix right here. I've said this here before, I believe the guys and all the staff are way ahead of the curve, and will be rewarded (soon I hope) for their vision. These crossbows are not only here to stay, but are the wave of the future. I never ever considered one, until I got hurt. And I can say that I truly enjoy shooting, and playing with them................. Kill a big un!

11. Redpaw_TheArcher

Redpaw_TheArcher Active Member

Um, I'd like to say sorry.

I just encountered this thread, I read it to find out why it was pinned. I apparently didn't HTML link to the site I mentioned but clearly mentioned a source of cheap arrows for a particular model of Easton.

I'll try to remember that I should use sponsors of this site when mentioning where to find latest deals for people that ask.

Red.

12. Techstuf

Techstuf Member

Point Taken. (Your statement, to some of us, accurately applies on a Higher level as well.)

For a few of us, it's become too easy to walk in to another's house with our boots still muddy, still wearing the virtual uniforms to which we've become accustomed. I recognize the "rules of the house" and in my future posts, will try and respect it's chosen position, far behind those battle lines.

TS

13. Highlander

Highlander I Didn't Do It.

14. Old Summit

Old Summit Senior Member

This is a great site, the best out there in my opinion.Have not been a member long but have got a lot of info from here.And have got into some heated debates at times. But its just like a family, you will have that from time to time. Being retired, like to spend time on this site. Happy Trails

15. Rich63

Rich63 Member

Ha Guys,

I want to say thank you for this site, I love this site . and very happy I joined it. I think you guys do a great job of running it. I don't think anyone could ask for any more. I looked around at other forums before I joined this one, and decided this was the best. Based on info and very friendly people. some of the other sites I looked at it seemed like some of them just talked for conversation. But here everyone tries to help you if they can and that is a really good thing. I also try to help out. I have only been a member for a couple of weeks and have learned so much. Hope you keep up the good work. thanks a lot. Rich.

Stalker, Fullquiver and urban legend like this.
  16. Old school bowhunter

Old school bowhunter Well-Known Member

Agree 100% . House rules! Hands down the best comprehensive place on the planet to find information, training, etc. and to be as a crossbow hunter and enthusiast.

SPECIALIZED likes this.
  17. Corderpounder83

Corderpounder83 New Member

Hey guys, i have a question. Ive bedn cockin my barnett droptine by hand since ive had it , and been thinkin of gettin a rope cocker. My question being, wouldnt it be about the same as cockin with ur hand? Like couldn't u pull one side higher that the other? Having a cock that wasnt even?. Thanks in advance!