Member Feedback

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by urban legend, Feb 21, 2012.

1. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

Crossbow Nation is proud to announce a member feedback system to help members buy and sell items from the market place. Members will now be able to leave feedback for each other after a transaction has occurred. You can leave feedback based on your experience with a member as either the Seller or the Buyer. Here's how it works.
    Once a transaction has been completed, click on the members name to open their profile page.

profile.png

Then towards the upper porting of the page there will be a link to "Leave Feedback"

Feedback Link.png

You will then see a window where you can specify if you were the buyer or seller, if it was positive or negative, you can copy and paste a link to the thread (if you want) of the item, and then leave a comment.

Leave Screen.png

If you insert a link to the item, just copy it from your address bar and paste it into the field.

Highlight.png

The feedback will then be viewable under the members name and avatar when they post in the Market Place room.

Feedback Display.png

Or you can view yours along with any other members by going back to their profile page and clicking the "Feedback" link.

Profile Nav Bar.png

It will open a summery of all of the members feedback transactions.

User Feedback.png

Hopefully this will help members be able to make safer transactions between one another.

joe171 likes this.
  2. thompsonjoe

thompsonjoe New Member

3. joe171

joe171 Well-Known Member

I believe the idea would work and is needed would eliminate the bad apples Good Stuff UL

Joe171

4. motorcycleboy

motorcycleboy New Member

When I click on member I want to leave feedback for I don't get the tab (leave feedback) on the page? Do I have to click on said member in "market place"? If so how do I do that when all threads with a sold post are deleted? Deleting posts in the classifieds leaves no record of what thing sell for,I would think they should be left forever.

5. urban legend

Mines not working either. I will look into this. Thanks. The reason we were deleting the old posts with items that have sold is because people would always resurrect an old post from a year prior when the item was long gone. Maybe I can just lock the ones that have been sold. Let me think about that.

6. urban legend

The Feedback button is now once again active.

7. crappie-tom

crappie-tom Well-Known Member

Can we go back to the 2011 version of the site the next time you decide to change things?

maad likes this.
  8. FX4SHOOTER

FX4SHOOTER Well-Known Member

I agree C-T! Can't even log off on my phone. What's up with that?

9. JCAT

JCAT Active Member

I can't get into my pms either!!!

10. myayers

myayers Active Member

The new formatting looks a lot like another crossbow forum I know on the net.

11. Tim50

Tim50 Well-Known Member

Glad your back up & running! I was hoping that we would have gotten a Pennsylvania Crossbow section since the Pennsylvania Crossbow Federation (?) is long gone. I would think a general State forum would be more welcoming to people who feel the forum is for members only. I like the new look and thanks for all that you do!

12. FX4SHOOTER

FX4SHOOTER Well-Known Member

Figured out how to log off and get to your PM's, hit menu and go to profile feed. Gonna take some time getting used to the new format.

13. urban legend

No

14. urban legend

Yes you can. Click the menu button in the upper right. The very last link in the navigation is for "Profile Details" Click it to go to your profile page. Then click the big blue button that says "Your Account" at the bottom of that list will be a log out option.

15. urban legend

Click the envelope icon at the top right of your screen if you are on a desktop to view PM's. The are called conversations now. If you are on mobile, click the menu in the upper right and click the last link called "Profile Details". It will take you to your profile page. Then click the big blue button that says "Your Account". There you will have a drop down menu. Click "View Conversations"

16. urban legend

Just need to hover over the thread now for thread preview.

Galleries are gone. They were the least used feature not the site so I decided not to include one on the new site.

17. urban legend

It should look pretty much like the old CN site.

18. robertyb

robertyb Active Member

I have tried clicking on several names to see the feedback button and do not see it at all. Also have hovered on threads and do not see any previews. Any ideas?

19. crappie-tom

crappie-tom Well-Known Member

Is there some way if you read a post it will turn black or something to let you know you read it? I tried making all forums marked as read but, I'm not seeing anything on my end that let's me know any different.:confused: I'm so confused I'm giving myself a headache. I already turned the monitor brightness from 50 to 1 and, now I'm wearing the Maui-Jim's.
    Please get over this bright kick your on.

20. Old Longhair

Old Longhair Crazy Ol' Foole

Thread titles that have not been read are bold, while thread titles that have been read are not.

urban legend likes this.