Member Feedback

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by urban legend, Feb 21, 2012.

1. FX4SHOOTER

FX4SHOOTER Well-Known Member

This is VERY ANNOYING! When I'm on the mobile version, every time I try to get the menu to come up, the newsletter sign up page comes up! Why? Do I have to sign up for the newsletter for this to stop? All I'm trying to do is log off! This mobile version needs some more work IMHO.

2. crappie-tom

crappie-tom Well-Known Member

If that was happening on my end I guess I wouldn't have asked.:( We need more emoji's than this line up.

3. Ventilator

Ventilator Active Member

With the new forum change it defaulted back to a name I had back in 2010. Are we stuck with this default name, or is there a way to change it like in the old one? I've been using "Ventilator" since 2012.

4. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

On the main forum Topics with new posts (since the last time you marked them read) will have a bolder blue text and will have a clear crossbow nation logo. The forum rooms with no new posts or threads with be normal font and the log will be slightly dimmed.
    Screen Shot 2016-01-03 at 8.41.59 PM.png

Once you click into a forum room, same applies expect you will also see a little round icon to the left of the title on the new posts and nothing on the old. I agree it can be better and I am working on it. Please be patient. I am not a bright kick.

Screen Shot 2016-01-03 at 8.42.13 PM.png

5. urban legend

Obviously that is not how I intend it to be. I'm working on it. But you should sign up for the Newsletter.

6. urban legend

I will change it for you.

Ventilator likes this.
  7. crappie-tom

crappie-tom Well-Known Member

It's working today. It would be better if they just turned Black. imho

8. urban legend

I'm considering that. Or a dark grey. Headed off to the ATA show so I'm not sure how much I'll get done from the road.

Brubaker likes this.
  9. DennyK

DennyK Active Member

Cannot access CBN on my old PC. Browser is so old it cannot be upgraded. However, works fine on the newer iMac, just need to get on at different times. The site looks pretty good & thanks!

Denny

10. FX4SHOOTER

FX4SHOOTER Well-Known Member

Thank you UL, menu is working on the mobile version MUCH better!

This must be somewhat of a headache for you, I appreciate your time and effort to keep this site going! THANK YOU!

urban legend likes this.
  11. urban legend

It's only a pain for a short while getting some of the bugs worked out. After that it is a lot of fun.

12. Hunter2

Hunter2 Senior Member

Its hard to tell what I have posted on.

13. BigBowMan

BigBowMan Happy Member

I see no options to mark any sub-forums as read? I have been searching but don't see any options. Like I said though, I am not on a laptop or desktop, it's either my android phone or android tablet.

14. JCAT

JCAT Active Member

Why did my status go from well known member to active member now not that it realy matters to me all that much but just wondering!!!!

15. ridgehunter

ridgehunter Active Member

I love the new look. It is much easier for me to read. The only thing that is not working for me is the preview function for the threads. I try to hover as you mentioned but I still get nothing. This is not a major problem as this new process allows me to go back and forth on a thread very easily and quickly.

16. urban legend

Just a couple notes to answer a couple of the previous questions. Preview is working, but the bubble that pops up doesn't pop up where it needs to be. I know, pointless, but it is just something in the code and will be working. Mobile is missing some important and everyday features like new posts and mark forums read. It will also be fixed. I will also have tapatalk installed. This week I was at ATA so not much got done. I will get in it soon. Thanks for being patient.

17. GRIM

GRIM Active Member

Something is causing Internet Explorer 11 to freeze up, Google browser is fine but my mobile browsers, won't even make it to the forum page without having Java and cookies enabled.

GRIM

18. urban legend

This site uses both java and cookies.

19. GRIM

GRIM Active Member

To use the site and all of it's features, yes but not to just view the content.
    My Kindles Safari browser, views the site just fine without them enabled but the mobile Chrome browser and whatever browser Samsung installs on their mobile devices won't.
    Internet Explorer still freezes and I don't know why, with or without Java and cookies enabled.

GRIM

20. BigBowMan

BigBowMan Happy Member

I'm using chrome on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and LG G Pad tablet with no problems on either with the site.