New Broadheads on the Market

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by 22LR, Mar 10, 2015.

1. 22LR

22LR Active Member

2. two tines

two tines Active Member

For crossbows only shooting 325 fps or less, plus I don't think it would be good on a carbon arrow shft, when they say the shaft backs up the BH

3. Yelpy

Yelpy Active Member

It sure isn't a broadhead. There just saw blades slipped over a shaft.

4. 22LR

22LR Active Member

4 blade for 350fps & slower
    6 blade for 350fps & faster

5. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Active Member

It is a different approach and a interesting idea. I would like to see comparison type test with a couple mechanical and fixed broad heads in penetration.

6. Tim50

Tim50 Well-Known Member

Interesting! I wonder how they will fly?

7. Cactus

Cactus Senior Member

I'm staying away from this one, serrated blades are illegal here for one. The statement that the BH weighs just 20 grains and will fly like your field point is not only misleading but a bit ludicrous. If I shoot a 100, 125 or a 150 grain field point how is 20 grains going to fly the same ? My FOC just went to hell in a hand basket. The other factor is that a serrated blade cuts better with a sawing action , going back and forth like a knife and you sure can't touch these up to sharpen them. IMHO this is a looser all the way around , the fact remains I can kill a deer with a field point but it's not recommended and not ethical as well as illegal. This is very close to that, to me it just doesn't make sense. What archery needs particular Crossbows is a way to prevent limb failure mostly the last thing we need is another BH there are many really excellent BH on the market. Here 's another fact 4 blades for 350 and slower and 6 blades for 350 and faster, now we all know that the more air that is disturbed by blades at the front will affect the arrow flight and make it erratic that's been proven , yet these guys claim the opposite is true, another nail in their coffin IMO Cactus

8. Old Summit

Old Summit Senior Member

Same as a fixed blade saw toothed broadhead if you ask me, the only difference is you get to put on the blades with your field tips left on, why it would fly better than a fixed blade, i have not figured that out. It seems like a fixed blade to me, just different. And i dont know of any fixed blade broadheads flying like a field point. I hate to be a negative guy today, but sorry, just dont see it. Happy Trails

9. Ramjet

Ramjet Active Member

I see nothing here except things going wrong does not impress me.

10. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

X2.I bought something very similar to these called Adder points that go on before a field point like a washer.I got them for small game and actually put them on backwords for less penetration.They are not serrated like these thought but are basically the same.I would never shoot a deer with them.
    but they may work.

11. Old school bowhunter

Old school bowhunter Well-Known Member

I don't think I would use them for big game but I think they would be a really great option for small game like rabbits, bobcats, coyotes etc. Price isn't too bad and they seem to be made well. Price is reasonable to use for that IMO.

MI_Bowhunter likes this.
  12. kodabowscout

kodabowscout Active Member

Broad Heads are like Woman so many good ones to choose from!

Old school bowhunter likes this.
  13. bob watkins

bob watkins Active Member

they look like they would not hold up to good look rather weak jmo

14. Troy Starr

Troy Starr Active Member

I will pass on those jokers

15. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Active Member

My thoughts as well, but you beat me to it

16. Old school bowhunter

Old school bowhunter Well-Known Member

Most of the time I'm behind the power curve. :)

17. cbhunter

cbhunter Active Member

I too believe these to be a marginal big game broadhead. I am curious as to how they would do with turkey though. Could provide a broadhead for those needing something cheaper that will perform. As far as FOC problems - that shouldn't be a problem sense they are used wit a field tip. Weights would be adjusted to match what you currently shoot. Now they need to come up with a chisel tip "field" tip to accompany these, driving the price up to a standard fixed blade. SO MANY CHOICES-SO FEW SHOTS. Would like to hear if anyone tries them for turkey. Too late for me to change.

18. rocko50

rocko50 Member

They don't look like they would fly consistently and to practice with them I wonder if they would bend easily when you pull these out of the target ? I do like the price.

19. Cactus

Cactus Senior Member

Their claims don't make sense to me, also most field points are not very sharp pointed so you will loose power as the energy will be required to punch the field point through the hide and body, sorry not my cup of tea, particular six blades for 350+ and 4 blades for under 350 , not possible goes against all aerodynamics which has been proven time and again. IMO this is a looser. Remember if it sounds too good to be true it generally is, that is what this is. JMHO. Cactus

20. HOGSHOOTER62

HOGSHOOTER62 Active Member

Think I will keep my Grim Reapers no game loss and a great blood trail why change what works.