Outdoor Life Review

Discussion in 'Scorpyd Crossbows' started by jimkempf, Jul 20, 2012.

1. jimkempf

jimkempf Member

Just looked at the 2012 August Outdoor Life Magazine Crossbow review. Looks pretty good for SCORPYD! The VENTILATOR 150 (we don't make a 165# Ventilator, they tested a 150) was the fastest (393.2 fps w/415 grain) smoothest (14.66 m/s2) one of the quietest (94.3 dBA, but keep in mind the speed difference), highest KE at 20 yards (131#), least amount of arrow drop at 40 yards (9.3"), and the BIGGY... 2.09 pound trigger the "best we've tested"! Though I am greatful that Outdoor Life included us in the test, I don't quite understand is how the VENT' got a "B" for performance, when it was the fastest, smoothest,least vibration, one of the quietest, least arrow drop at 40 yards, highest KE at 20 yards, and the best trigger???

Oh well... get your order in... its going to get BUSY!!!

2. vh64

vh64 Member

Congratulations jim on a great bow, now lets see you top it. Lol

I really don't want you to for a while.......I'm not exactly ready to buy another scorpyd next year too but if you tempt me enough... ...well.

3. jimkempf

jimkempf Member

Thanks for all of the support we have received over these past several years. We will ALWAYS strive to make the BEST crossbow you can buy!

4. johnha

johnha New Member

IMO, Scorpyd deserves the good press.

5. bowmanxx

bowmanxx Member

CONGRATS!!! As soon as I shot mine I knew that it was a winner!

6. Jvac3hunter

Jvac3hunter Member

Congrats Jim.On the Ventilator
    Im enjoying mine Very much Well Worth the Wait Great crossbow. To all the Scorpyd customers waiting .

7. Ventilator

Ventilator Active Member

Jim,

I think we all are scratching out heads on that one. Thanks for checking in with us, and don't be a stranger. Here were my thoughts on what I read Tuesday.

http://www.crossbownation.com/forum/topic/19377-sz-380-tops-the-list-in-outdoor-lifes-2012-crossbow-test/

8. Redm2

Redm2 Member

The Ventilator is a significant step forward...this is coming from a former Telson owner. I look forward to more top notch products from Scorpyd. Congrats from a very satisfied customer!

9. mikec912

mikec912 New Member

Best crossbow i ever owned and ive owned them all!

10. ben694

ben694 Member

ventilator is very the best 2012 crossbow.
    don't stop scorpyd evolution,your are the first #1 real crossbow maker,you change the xb world and that on each years!
    thanks Jim :db:

11. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle Member

Thanks Jim for making a great crossbow. I think alot of crossbow companies are scratching there heads thinking why didn't we think of that. All my friends have there vertical bows or crossbows up for sale after seeing my Ventilator 150 and seeing how it shoots. Keep up the good work, and thank you and your staff. Russ.

12. 445 supermag

445 supermag Member

I cant wait to see what comes out for the 2013 ATA. Should be awesome!!

But i have to say no crossbow will ever get me to sell my SLP 165. I will keep it forever!

Brian

13. Redclub

Redclub Senior Member

I don't have a Vent because they are not compatable with the Bad River Peep so I had to settle with a Telson and that is a nice setup

Attached Files:

14. Redclub

Redclub Senior Member

Some more

Attached Files: