Picture in Signature?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by bowriter, Oct 14, 2012.

1. bowriter

bowriter Active Member

How do you post a icture in the little box by your signature. I will need to be walked through, step by step. I is a puter dummy.

2. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

Click your name in the upper right hand corner of the site when you are logged in. A drop down menu will appear.

Screen Shot 2012-10-14 at 5.44.19 PM.png

Click on "my Profile" to launch your profile page.

On you profile page, you will see the box where the picture will go. Mine has the Crossbow Nation logo but yours won't have anything.

Screen Shot 2012-10-14 at 5.44.34 PM.png

Click "Change" in that box. It will open a browser window where you can choose to add a picture saved on your computer, use a gravatar if you have a gravatar account, or use your profile picture from Facebook or Twitter if you signed in using one of those accounts.

Screen Shot 2012-10-14 at 5.44.57 PM.png

3. P.A.G.

P.A.G. New Member

How do you take a picture off my P/c on a signture pic?Don't need young kid's looking at jackel 12 throwing that object at another person.

4. urban legend

You can't take off someone else's picture or avatar. If you don't want to see anything another member posts, just hit the ignore button.

5. Kodiak-50

Kodiak-50 Member

Thought that also PAG

6. Jackal12

Jackal12 Active Member

OK just for the record, that isn't me. Heck it isn't even real. It's just an animated gif that has been floating around the internet and forums for like 15 years now. It's no different then the cat jumping from the bush or the deer that drives that truck or any of the other millions of photo shopped animated gifs.

How anyone can find that offensive is beyond me. I bet you would let your kids watch AFV where they make specials out of guys getting hit in the crotch.

7. SPECIALIZED

SPECIALIZED Super Moderator

Got to admit, a deer with sunglasses? and body armor is easier to look at several times per day.lol

8. Corky

Corky Active Member

Jackal 12... wasn't so much bothered by the pic... just wanted to know how the person who got hit was?!?!? AND, what was thrown at Him/Her???

Corky

9. Jackal12

Jackal12 Active Member

Nothing was ever thrown at him, he is not even a real person. Its just a poorly done hacked together animation originating in the 90's

10. dama

dama Member

Like your new sig pic better. Some of the responses to your old pic is how CB (hunting) antis' perceive things to be on issues.............

11. Land Shark

Land Shark Founder/Moderator of the North Carolina Crossbow F

Gotta admit that dama has a very good point. The PETA and HSUS idiots are constantly cruising our sites and skimming them for any and everything to make an issue out of nothing. They don't even think or reason like we do. Their brains have been irreversibly damaged by the lack of good venison or other meat protein. Constant eating of rabbit food is not good for your general health. Remember.......our eyes both are faced "forward", so we are considered predators in the world of membership in the food chain. We were born to eat meat. After all, the letters in PETA stand for "People Eating Tasty Animals". Killem, (game animals) there's plenty more where those came from. Nature will constantly replenish the food supply. Hunters are suppose to thin the herd. If we don't do it, Nature will, and Nature is not very nice to the world of animal population controls. I would not want to live in the world of the game animal food chain. Specially in the Gray Wolf, Mountain Lion, and Grizzly Bear areas. When those predators kill, it is more like an axe murderer. It is not very nice. It's a very vicious way to die. I"ve seen some of the African plains big game animals eating their kills while the prey animal is still alive. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be ripped apart while still alive. One can only hope the prey animal is in total shock by then.

Hunt Safe,
    Land Shark :clapping:

12. Jackal12

Jackal12 Active Member

I don't spend my time worrying about those idiots when I'm sitting at home. The way I see it if they care THAT much then just smile because we are renting free real estate in their mind and it's torture to them. My actions in the woods need thought and concern, not here. Besides to a animal activist I would venture to say that they would find my current avatar (signature pics go under posts, Avatars go on left) would be more offensive as it actually has a deer in it and is making a joke of hunting. Where as the other one was just a fake animated image of one idiot hitting another idiot with a stick.

13. Land Shark

Land Shark Founder/Moderator of the North Carolina Crossbow F

Jackal,
    I agree with you 100%. I don't even think about them either, at home or any where else for that matter. However, they are there and some are very well funded to go along with their idiot lettuce eating way of thinking. Just take a look at that idiot Paul Watson that chases the Japanese whalers all over the south pole, and for what? Nothing....And I certainly hope we keep them tied up and making them scramble their brains, thinking about how efficient us crossbow hunters really are.....BTW, I really like your avatar. Those shades look really neat. I did not get to see the two hitting each other with a stick. Hey, we all need to keep a good sense of humor, otherwise, you'll have a heart attack and croak, then no more deer hunting with our crossbows........

Land Shark

14. Pikeman52

Pikeman52 Member

Jackal, I did not see the older one but doubt it would bother me. However, I really appreciate the photo you are using now. I'm a fan of Popcorn!

15. OLD MAN

OLD MAN New Member

I guess I'm sort of ignorant also. I don't have a pic because the arrow just keeps spinning. I let it go for an hour the other day.

16. OLD MAN

OLD MAN New Member

I don't see attachments either.

17. urban legend

You do have a pic for your avatar. I can see it.

18. OLD MAN

OLD MAN New Member

i FINALLY GOT ONE TO GO TO MY SIGNATURE. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TO NO PREVAIL. tHIS ONE IS NOT THE ONE I WANT HERE. I WAS ALSO TRYING TO POST ONE TO MY POST. HU

19. urban legend

I'm sure its just a size issue. Try reducing the both he file size and the image size.