PM Notifications

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Stalker, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

I've had 3 different members not answer my pm's.Did I turn something off or are they just ignoring me lol!
    On the pm page there is a switch to turn notifications on and off.I assume this is for me not the people I'm sending them to.Am I wrong?If I'm right check your pm's guys and the switch.

2. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

You're right. You can check if they've read them by clicking on the PM and on the left hand side it will tell you the time it was seen. I can tell you this, and it happens a lot. Many members have there notifications set to send them an email anytime they receive a PM from someone. This is an email generated from the site to the members email address. Where many people screw up is they hit reply and type a message thinking it is going back to the member that sent them a PM. It does not. What is actually happening is that you are replying to the site notification email and therefore the email comes back to the site which is admin@crossbownation.com. To reply you need to come back to the site and reply. This happens a lot and these PM's never make it to their intended destinations.

Stalker likes this.
  3. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

Thats what I thought.2 have replied back and one I guess just hasn't noticed he has a pm.He hasn't read it anyway.He's been active so He must have his notifications turned off.I'm sure he knows not to email he started the conversation.Oh well.Thanks for the reply Jeff.

urban legend likes this.
  4. two tines

two tines Active Member

good to know about not using email to reply to PM, think I've been guilty of that and it acts the same

urban legend likes this.
  5. GRIM

GRIM Active Member

Speaking of PM notification, I sent a PM to you 3 or 4 days ago and apparently you have failed to view it. I know you are busy and the message is not critical but I would like confirmation that at least you have been notified of it's issuance.

Happy Hunting
    GRIMWALD

6. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

I did get it but did not open it because I wanted to keep it as "unread" so it would keep the notification when I had time to review it. I did see what the message was when I got the email notification that I received a PM from you. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. This exact moment in my life I have a lot going on and have not followed up n things in a timely manner.
    Thanks, UL

7. GRIM

GRIM Active Member

No apologies are necessary, the information is not critical and I definitely know how busy everyone is.
    There wasn't even a definite date for their initial release or weather demo units will be available. I just figured if there is a list for demo's you could be at the top of the list.

GRIM

urban legend likes this.