Posting pictures.

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by whistlepig, Jul 14, 2012.

1. whistlepig

whistlepig Member

How do I do this on this site? I have posted pictures on other sites but Crossbow Nation is truly a mystery.

2. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

Attachments
    Depending on where in the community you are posting your message at, you may be able to upload attachments to your message. There are two types of uploaders available: the default uploader and the flash uploader.

Default Uploader
    The default uploader allows you to upload attachments one at a time. To begin, press the button. A box will appear for you to select the file on your computer that you want to attach. Select the file you want to upload.

If you change your mind, you can press the button and then choose a different file.

Once you have selected the file you want, press [background=rgb(223, 223, 223)]Attach the file[/background].
    If there are any errors uploading the file, you will receive an error message, otherwise, you will see the attachment appear.

Flash Uploader
    You can enable the flash uploader from your settings menu. When enabled, you will be able to easily upload more than one file at a time.

To start, press [background=rgb(223, 223, 223)]Click to Attach Files[/background]. A box will appear for you to select the file or files on your computer that you want to attach. Select the file or files you want to upload. You can select more than one file at a time by holding Ctrl (on Windows) or Command (on Mac) and click on the files.

Once you have selected your files and clicked "Open", they will begin uploading. If there are any errors uploading the files, you will receive an error message, otherwise, you will see the attachments appear.

Managing Attachments
    Regardless of which uploader you use, once the files are uploaded you will see them on your screen. By default, all attachments are added to the bottom of your message, however, you can add any attachment to a particular section of your post by pressing the "Add to Post" link.

If you wish to remove an attachment and have it not appear in your post, simply press the "Delete" link.

Deerstalker, blackhawk611 and joe171 like this.
  3. whistlepig

whistlepig Member

Goodness sakes! It's no wonder that I don't see many pictures on Cross Bow Nation.

JC1466, LadyHawke and Guide Girl like this.
  4. urban legend

I cold have given you the easy way, but those directions pretty much cover every question one could ask.

5. SPECIALIZED

SPECIALIZED Super Moderator

Posting pictures on CN is a piece of cake once you do it.

6. whistlepig

whistlepig Member

I will eventually figure this out. Ease of use is just not there. A lot of pictures that I will not see because the difficulty of posting the pictures here are too just difficult.

HORNS-A-PLENTY and JC1466 like this.
  7. urban legend

Here I made a video. I don't know how it can get any easier :unknw:

JC1466, rish and Deerstalker like this.
  8. Land Shark

Land Shark Founder/Moderator of the North Carolina Crossbow F

Like Uban Legend said, It can't be any easier. Here are a couple of photos I just picked at random from my photo collection. I did it in a about 20 seconds. I spent 15 seconds trying to decide which Rabbit to pick as I have several more to choose from. I figured since the Rabbit was already on a post, it would be easier just to post a posted Rabbit. Just as easy to post in the Gallery as well. Maybe the video will get you hooked up. Don't give up, we like to see photos.

Hunt Safe,
    Land Shark
    NCCF Founding Director

Attached Files:

9. whistlepig

whistlepig Member

Urban Legend,
    Thanks a bunch. I'm pretty much computer challenged. I'm sure you have already figured this out. It was generous of you to take the time to explain and I do appreciate this.

10. Land Shark

Land Shark Founder/Moderator of the North Carolina Crossbow F

whistlepig,
    No problem my friend. We are all here to help. Asking questions is the way we learn. The only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask. Please call on any of us anytime we can be of assistance. And some of the newer computers are somewhat tough to figure out sometimes, but a little time behind the keyboard punching keys is the best teacher. At least the newer computers will warn you B/4 you're getting ready to screw something up. It will say something like, "Are you really sure you want to do this". In that case, click NO and start over. Have fun and stay with it. We're here to help anytime.

Hunt Safe,
    Land Shark

11. stillhuntin

stillhuntin New Member

I'm havin the same problem the choose file button does not work for me. The button is not highlighted. I'm trying all this using a iPhone don't know if that is the problem?

12. urban legend

It's the Iphone. You most likely have your picture uploader set to the flash version. IPhone does not support flash. In your user CP, change your uploader to basic. Should work after that.

13. Hardawaypoints

Hardawaypoints Member

O.K. I see and can click on the small picture that gives me a place to post a url, but I have no idea of what url my picture is or where to find that out. I tried to make sense of the instructions, but I don't see anything like what you're talking about on the screen.

Since pictures are required for the hunting contest, I kinda need to find out how to do this. I tried to go to the instructional video you posted, but all I get is a snowy screen with private video printed across the middle of the screen.

I know it was easy to do last year and the year before that, but it has me hung up right now. Thanks for any help.

Jim

14. buckeye dan

buckeye dan Armed Citizen

Hardawaypoints,

The image button in the default reply window at the bottom is for posting photos that have been uploaded to image hosting sites like www.photobucket.com. You upload your photo to them and they provide you with a link to it that this forum can read and poof your photo appears.

That is one option.

Another option would be to click "More Reply Options".

You will see a new feature at the bottom of the text window with a paper clip. Click browse, navigate to where your photo is and select it. Then click "Attach This File".

It should also read: Try our advanced uploader (requires Flash 9) under the button. If it doesn't then you need to change the setting UL suggested above.

15. Hardawaypoints

Hardawaypoints Member

O.K., Got it. Thanks Buckeye Dan! Looking forward to using it soon.

Jim

16. buckeye dan

buckeye dan Armed Citizen

SWEET!

They call this the information age. It would kind of suck if you couldn't give us your information. I'll always help people contribute their content here.

17. blackhawk611

blackhawk611 Active Member

i think i will try to put a pic of my dog here. but it is too big i thinkthis is trexie she is a mess.at 9 months old

18. blackhawk611

blackhawk611 Active Member

notice the torn carpet she did it.lol

19. P.A.G.

P.A.G. New Member

Is there a way to take off jackal 12 picture off my p/c when he reply,s to a subject.Don't need younghster's seeing whatever he's throwing at another person.

20. Capt Hook

Capt Hook Senior Member

Posting pictures on CN is a piece of cake once you do it...Can ya send me a piece of that Cake ???? ...Hook