Posting pictures.

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by whistlepig, Jul 14, 2012.

1. BingoFlyer

BingoFlyer Member

2. BingoFlyer

BingoFlyer Member

Looks like I got it!

This picture was taken from one of my stands, there are 3 more on the opposite side of the pond.

3. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Member

I keep getting this error message
    upload skipped (error 413)

what gives?

Doug Haselton likes this.
  4. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

Check the file size of image you are trying to upload. Not just the file size but the actual image size. Many of these newer digital camera take image sizes so larger that the site cannot resize them correctly.

joe171 and Old Summit like this.
  5. roly1

roly1 Member

005.jpg

I've always used Photo buck, but this is way easier, thanks

6. mrmojorisan

mrmojorisan Active Member

test

Attached Files:

7. Bushdog

Bushdog New Member

[​IMG]
    Had to try it

joe171 likes this.
  8. Bushdog

Bushdog New Member

Great it works[​IMG]

9. jec

jec Guest

This picture is of 6 consecutive shots at 40 yards. The circles are 3 " in diameter. The arrows are the same aluminum Horton Weight Forward that I used in the previous post (shot at 20 Yards). The arrows are still straight and true. The wear on the rear of the arrows has not gotten any worse, no "groove" just worn off the black finish. No grooves in the nocks. I misstated the weight in the previous post, they are 496 grains (.6 grains difference, heaviest to lightest).

Sorry, previous post is in the wrong forum!

Attached Files:

10. jackpine

jackpine Active Member

I tried to post photos about two months ago and again today and had no luck. I think I followed the directions. Files too big? I get the circling arrow and let it run but eventually it stops and the file is not loaded. My machine maybe?

11. SPECIALIZED

SPECIALIZED Super Moderator

Yes, the picture files might be to large.

12. jackpine

jackpine Active Member

Files are only 1.2 to 1.6 MB. Tried the fancy uploader and got this message "upload skipped (error IO)". The file partially uploaded and then the error message.

13. Buckstop515

Buckstop515 Well-Known Member

to big of a file. I resize all of mine prior to posting.

14. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

Files size can relate to two things. First is the actual size of the image. Such as 3" x 5" or 1000 x 750 pixels. If you are trying to upload an image that is over 1000 pixels wide, it is most likely too big. The other size is the actual file size, or the amount of data used to create the picture. For instance, you can have two pictures, both the same dimensions (size) at 1000 x 750 pixels and one have a file size of 75kb and the other of 3gb. If you can;t upload your pictures, they either reducing the actual size and or the file size.

15. Old Summit

Old Summit Senior Member

Yep I have to re-size all my pic's to post, but I just did some video, and it was at 186mb, got it down by changing my camera to smaller pic's, but now it's 68 mb, and it want let me downsize it on my computer and still is to big to post here, any simple way to get it smaller to post here, I'm not a genuis when it comes to computers, any help would be great Thanks !!! Happy Trails !!!!

16. jackpine

jackpine Active Member

I admit I have not done a lot of on line research on how to diminish the dimensions and memory size of my photo but the little I have done indicates I'll have to install another on-line program. I may end up doing that but it seems every time I want to add something from the net I'm required to sign off on another privacy agreement. So, would you mind telling me how you change those characteristics of your photos?

I suspect I'll also have to change the "quality" setting on my camera which shouldn't be that difficult. But using the same camera, at the same setting, I have posted photos on this site before so I'm curious about why that is.

17. Buckstop515

Buckstop515 Well-Known Member

Jack I use picassa its free and a pretty usefull picture library. I keep a folder and and have named it resized. I change the size by ajusting the pixel count to 600x 400 then exporting the pic to that folder. You dont have to change any settings in your camera. If you have any program that allows you to work with your photos you can adjust the file size. I'm not an expert either and I got it figured out.

18. Silverjack

Silverjack Active Member

John,I resize my pics down to 640...whatever that is and have no problem posting them to CBN.

19. jackpine

jackpine Active Member

I just resized a photo in Microsoft Paint and did a test load. It seemed to work. But it hurt my brain pretty bad to learn something new. Thanks for the help.

20. jackpine

jackpine Active Member

Worked fine. Thanks.