QAD Exodus Broadheads

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by NativeHunter, Dec 16, 2015.

1. NativeHunter

NativeHunter Member

Has anyone used these yet and whats your opinion ?

2. daddy o

daddy o Member

I use the 100gr swept version. Seem to shoot very consistently but do not shoot same poi as field points. Out of BuckBuster 175 at 330fps on spynal tapp arrows they shoot 2 inches low and right compared to field points. Horton team realtree 175 at 285fps on GT Laser II's they shoot same height but are 2 inches right of field points. I killed a 160lb buck last month with one. Hit left side about 4th rib behind leg and came out right side through shoulder. On entrance it cut rib in half and on exit it shattered the leg bone where it connects to shoulder. Couple nicks in 2 of the blades. If I didn't have replacement blades on hand I would not hesitate to run sharpener over it and reuse. But I went ahead and changed blades. Good broadhead but I don't have experience with a lot of others for comparison.

3. mattador96

mattador96 Member

I have shot them from my matrix 380. They are tough sharp but not quite as accurate at long ranges versus the ramcats. My set up is excal matrix 380, 18 inch SSAS zombie slayers, 110 grain brass inserts, blazers with right helical

4. 99fatboy

99fatboy Active Member

I haven't used them in my crossbow, but have been my favorite fixed blade since they were available. They fly to same p.o.i. as field tips in my vertical bow. They are very sharp ,strong, and have a thick blade. Very good head design.

5. Wapster

Wapster Member

Lovem!!!!

6. NativeHunter

NativeHunter Member

Thanks for the info all . Picked up a set of them , got the 100gr Full Blade . Very impressed with the looks and the machine work . They are really " SCARY SHARP " !!! Like the Blade placement design compared to other Broadheads , and the fact that don't protrude as far forward . Anxious to see how they shoot . Decided after I got the new Exodus gonna pull the trigger and call Jerry tomorrow and have him build me a dozen "Spynal Tapp" bolts
    Got a small little Mom & Pop Archery Shop just outside of the town I live in and he carries all the QAD Broadheads , was really surprised he had the ones for Crossbows in stock . Really like dealing with Scott the customer service is awesome before during and after the sale , you don't get that at the big box stores . Prices may be a tad higher but I beleive in supporting the little man and feel you get better everything !

Delta-Stan likes this.
  7. kochie

kochie Active Member

Nothing wrong with adjusting the scope a little bit as long as they group..........

8. crappie-tom

crappie-tom Well-Known Member

Are the blades tight when their new? Cause my swepts have floppy loose blades after target use.

9. kochie

kochie Active Member

Tom have you checked if the unused one are tight from the factory? If when i use a new broadhead and it does its job i am find with that. are you saying the fural of the QAD is expanding when shot in to the target? and how much shooting does it take to cause this problem. i am thinking about using the swept blade out of my vent next year had a problem with an mechanical this year so i am going back to fix blade.

10. daddy o

daddy o Member

My swepts are not loose at all and the ones I use for practice have been shot alot. You do have the retaining washer on them correct?