Shooting sticks

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by mattador96, Jan 27, 2011.

1. mattador96

mattador96 Member

With all of the new crossbow gear coming out, will we be seeing crossbow shooting sticks being made?

2. See4miles

See4miles Active Member

I'm not so sure there needs to be crossbow specific sticks. Most of what is alreay out there would work fine. Plus, Ten Point and Horton also make unique items to support the crossbow and help steady the shot.

3. Wyodream1

Wyodream1 Member

Hmm....being new to the crossbow world and reading this post makes me ask - will my Bogpod tripod shooting sticks with my v shaped swivel head (rubber coated) that I use for my rifle work for a crossbow rest?

4. al k

al k New Member

Yep, most any shooting stick will work. Before I bought a TP Phantom with "Steady Eddie" I had a TP Profusion and used an "Allen" brand monopod shooting stick to help steady it. Worked just fine - not as well as the "Steady Eddie", but it cost less then $10 at Walmart :)

5. briarpatch

briarpatch Senior Member

I make my own shooting sticks....there's instructions out there on the web.....sometimes...I just find them laying on the ground......

6. flitz

flitz New Member

resourcefulness is a good thing

7. Zrt1200

Zrt1200 Senior Member

http://www.boggear.com/shooting_sticks.html

8. Gary in Ohio

Gary in Ohio Member

Rifle shooting sticks work fine. Just make sure that the prongs do not stick up into the path of the string and you'll be good.

9. Wyodream1

Wyodream1 Member

Thanks for thoughts on using my bogpod for a rest for a crossbow - its a great solid rest and I have both the v shaped head and the camera head which both are quick change out.

10. crappie-tom

crappie-tom Well-Known Member

Mattador96 you might want to check out the Primos trigger stick monopods which adjusts 31" to 64" (~$50) @ Cabelas. The trigger allows you to raise or lower your gun easily while watching game with the least amount of movement. This is the real deal for my Scorpyd and, rifles and, will work on most any other application.

Crappie-Tom

11. sooner77

sooner77 New Member

trigger sticks are great.

12. fredbeer

fredbeer New Member

I like the Stoney Point. It's light, reasonably priced and easy to adjust for treestand hunting and target shooting. Got mine at BPS.

13. bcslody

bcslody New Member

I just rigged up a set of folding tent pole style bi-fold shooting sticks last evening. I can use them fully extended while sitting on a chair, or fold up one section to use them against my mid body area when in my tree stand. It works great and was a cheap add on to my crossbow. They are attached to the sling strap connection area. See attached pic. crossbow bi 1.jpg

14. bob watkins

bob watkins Active Member

shooting stick design for crossbows ready shot. go to www.ready-shot.com

15. Cossack

Cossack Incurable Tinkerer

If you shoot from a sitting position the Horton Knee Pod works very well, and inexpensive to boot.