Sponsors vs adds?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Clay, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Clay

Clay Active Member

I clicked on the SPONSORS link at the top of the page and was surprised to see some names on it and not find some that I thought were sponsors.

I was surprised to not see Excalibur, Barnett or CAMX on the list. It was nice seeing Ten Point, Wicked Ridge, Mission, Carbon Express and others there. My goal of this thread is to not list ever sponsor but to talk about the difference between official sponsors and companies that advertise on this site.

As an example Excalibur isn't listed as a sponsor but their pop up adds come up at the top of the site as I page through the site as well as places like HorseShoe Hill Outfitters, Barnett Razr, even a concealed carry site for women.

So everyone that advertises here is not a sponsor?

Did CAMX recently drop it's sponsorship of the site? I don't see them listed anymore, I thought that they were once upon a time.

Any light that you can shed on this, I would find interesting. Thanks

2. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

The sponsors room is not up to date. If you see an ad for them, they are a sponsor too.

3. Clay

Clay Active Member

Thanks for the information

Tim50 and urban legend like this.
  4. Clay

Clay Active Member

I wanted to add one more comment before I moved on since my question was answered. That is that some of us actually check who sponsors this site before spending our money. I'm saying this as an encouragement to those vendors that aren't sponsors and as a thank you to those vendors that put their money where their mouth is and support us. I say this in no official site capacity, just as what I would call an active member's point of view.

I know that everyone is busy, but I look forward to an updated sponsor list in the future. It's nice to know who your friends are.

bpowder, Stalker, Drew1875 and 3 others like this.
  5. urban legend

urban legend Administrator Staff Member

I will work on that. Thanks for the feedback.
    Jeff