Swacker 3 blade results

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by TexasHunter1958, Oct 10, 2015.

1. TexasHunter1958

TexasHunter1958 New Member

Had a chance today to see what the new 3 blade swacker could do.

It was a quartering less than a 20 yard shot out of my CX4 carbon express. The bolt stuck in opposite shoulder, no exit wound. The buck only went about 20 yards, with a small blood drops about every 3 ft which was pretty easy to track. Hit was little higher than I would have liked and I was on the ground.

Had a decent entry wound thats for sure.

Dislikes, two blades bent, one with tip of blade broke off. Unlike the 2 blade, these are going to be one shot blades.

Attached Files:

2. TexasHunter1958

Picture of the broadhead. Over all I was very pleased with the results with a little disappointment regarding the broken and bent blades.

Attached Files:

3. FX4SHOOTER

FX4SHOOTER Well-Known Member

Congratulations and thanks for posting your results! I'm using these this year also and was wondering how the blades will hold up. Figured if they break on the way out, the important damage is done. 20 yard track job, I'd say the blades did the job!

4. TexasHunter1958

Thanks FX4SHOOTER,
    I would also like to add that out of all of the broadheads I have tested this year with my new xbow, these 3 blades fly fantastic. I am not going to say they fly like field points because there is not a broadhead made that will group like a field point, but with my setup, they are right there, same POI as the field point with a little larger group size.

I have tested the Muzzy 3 blades 125 and 100 gr, MX4, Hellrazer, swacker 2 blade, All of these performed good but had a different point of impact relative to each other and relative to my field points. I would have had to make adjustments to my scope to use any of these.

With the Swacker 3 blade, they were the same POI as my field points out to 45 yards.

karl s likes this.
  5. Old Summit

Old Summit Senior Member

I would be happy with the results, them shoulders can be broadhead benders and breakers. lol .

Gabowman and two tines like this.
  6. two tines

two tines Active Member

Congrats on your deer and thanks for the review. I'm thinking about trying these bh's when I run out of spitfires.

7. smong2000

smong2000 Active Member

Did the point still spin true, ie. Did the ferrule get bent? Blades should be replaceable. Thanks

8. TexasHunter1958

Upon futher review, lol...

I did get a chance today to debone the shoulder and found that the broadhead never penertrated the shoulder or the leg bone. The impact was glancing blow to the upper leg bone that resulted in the broadhead doing an incrediable amount of damage to the opposite rib cage, it never broke the skin however on the opposite side.

Also to address smog2000 question, the broadhead suffered no damage at all to the ferrule, everything is perfect outside of the blades. It spins true.

9. FX4SHOOTER

FX4SHOOTER Well-Known Member

Thanks for the detailed update. Can't wait to let one of these fly myself!

10. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

Any more results on these heads.I'm about out of the 2 blades and thinking of giving these a try

11. Educator

Educator Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this. I heard the swacker was a good broadhead.

12. Gabowman

Gabowman Well-Known Member

I agree. Bone and broadheads dont usually go well together.

NativeHunter likes this.