TenPoint bolt question

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by Don Harvey, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Don Harvey

Don Harvey New Member

I recently purchased the Turbo XLT II which included 3 Easton aluminum magnum bolts. they shoot very well but I want to purchase a 1/2 dz carbon bolts. TenPoint offers the Pro light, and pro elite. Are these made by Easton also?? if so which are they similar to or the same as the bolts Easton sells...the Bloodline and the BowFire. thanks much

2. BigBowMan

BigBowMan Happy Member

Easton makes the Ten Point arrows. They make several other manufacturer's arrows also. You should check out the Black Eagle arrows either from Black Eagle or SouthShore, both are site sponsors. They are awesome arrows that are reasonably priced too.

3. Cossack

Cossack Incurable Tinkerer

I use Black Eagle Executioners in two of my bows, could not be happier with their performance. Aluminum arrows work...until they are bent -very easily- then make good driveway markers.

4. Don Harvey

Don Harvey New Member

Thanks for the info. anyone out there have experience with the Easton or Ten Point bolts? and your feedback?

5. FX4SHOOTER

FX4SHOOTER Well-Known Member

Bought the Stealth FX4 last year. My package came with 9 Pro Elite arrows. Couldn't get them to group better than 2" at 20 yards. NOT GOOD! Bought a dozen BEE's from Jerry at Southshore. Now I don't dare even try to shoot group's out to 60 yards! If you consider accuracy and compare cost, do yourself a favor and give Jerry a call. You'll be glad you did!

6. Tom Knotts

Tom Knotts Member

This has been my experience with BEE's from Jerry!

7. Don Harvey

Don Harvey New Member

Thanks. I've been to his web site and like the options and prices for custom arrows. Now the decision to use the executioners or the Spynal Tapps. I ve heard good things about both.

8. 1hunter

1hunter Active Member

Yes, Jerry at South Shore is the best way to go!

9. Old Summit

Old Summit Senior Member

Go to the crossbow arrows forum, and read the post. Just orderd some Spinal Tapps, may give you some extra imformation in making up your mind going forward. Good post were South Shore weighs in on the conversation as well.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  10. ol'redd

ol'redd New Member

I use the pro elites w/ 100 NAP sling blade at 13% FOC cant go wrong , the black eagles are great too you just have to check the inside diameter and replace the nock with an omni-nock , double check the vane height as well to make sure its under a half inch i think they are but 100% on the black eagles .

11. Don Harvey

Don Harvey New Member

thanks I'll do that! didn't know there was a crossbow arrow forum.

12. Don Harvey

Don Harvey New Member

thanks for the pro elite info. I'm currently shooting the aluminum Eastons that came with the bow and the group fairly well. For hunting the grouping is just fine. I just like to mess around and get the best and tightest grouping. stems from all my years as a long range varmint hunter/target shooter reloading my own ammo , with every conceivable variation.

13. Don Harvey

Don Harvey New Member

whats the difference between the Executioners and the Zombees , besides the price?

14. FX4SHOOTER

Zombie's are about 25% stiffer than the Executioner's. The Executioner's would be just fine for your Turbo. If you're looking for the absolute best accuracy you can get, call Jerry and he'll set you up!

15. Don Harvey

Don Harvey New Member

Got it. I'll be getting the Executioners . Thanks again Don

16. Cossack

Cossack Incurable Tinkerer

Really no need to replace nocks to Omnis. They are ostensibly intended to make arrow insertion foolproof, but a capture nock, like the Firenock J or Q series, when matched to the string diameter size, does that and prevents the arrow from migrating.

17. highoctane

highoctane Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and call Jerry @ South Shore...He makes the VERY BEST arrows in my opinion..I shoot the Spynal Tapps in both my bows.. Accuracy is outstanding..I also use Firenock "J" nocks

18. Don Harvey

Don Harvey New Member

Thanks, I've been in touch with him several times and will be placing my order. I'm going to get the Executioners . I appreciate the input from all my fellow xbow members!

19. FX4SHOOTER

VERY wise choice! Here's something else to chew on....20" BEE, 110 gr. insert, 100 gr. field point, SK-300 vanes and Omni nock will give you a finished weight of around 428 gr. with about a FOC of 20%. This is the arrow setup I'm shooting from my FX4 and they fly extremely well. So many options, this is just one that works great for my bow.

20. Don Harvey

Don Harvey New Member

Thanks FX4.