The New Morpheous Mechanical Broadhead

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by MorpheusX, Dec 17, 2015.

1. MorpheusX

MorpheusX New Member

The Morpheus broadhead family brings a new level of technology to the bow hunting world. Not since the advent of metal alloys in the Bronze Age has there been such a technological advance in a hunting weapon. The Morpheus broadhead has features which have never been seen before.
    Initial flight stabilization
    Advanced exsanguination technology
    Use of advanced composites in several of its parts
    A huge range of weight “tuning” options from 125 gr to 200 grains, all in one package.

ANATOMY OF A PERFECT FLIGHT

Pre release the blades are held in the closed position by the plunger spring. Once the arrow is released the blades are temporarily forced open giving the arrow added flight stability during the first several yards of flight.

Shortly after the release, and once the arrow is on its stabilized path to the target, the blades are forced closed by the internal plunger spring. This eliminates the possibilities of wind planing during flight, reduces drag and increases accuracy.

Finally the arrow reaches its destination and the blades are once again forced open by the kinetic energy of the arrow creating a large wound channel in the target. Once the arrow’s forward momentum has ceased the plunger spring, once again, forces the blades into the closed position. This allows the arrow to fallout of the wound and facilitates the best blood trail possible. We call this advanced exsanguination technology and it is found on this broadhead.

For more information visit www.morpheusbroadhead.com

2. crappie-tom

crappie-tom Well-Known Member

Awesome name but, I'm super skeptical because these don't work out of my bows: http://www.newarchery.com/products/mechanical/bloodrunner-ii-5/
    That shock absorber action similar to what the Morpheus would do upon release causes havoc for me.
    How fast have you tested these too????? How thick are the blades? If you want a honest review posted right here mail me one and, I'll shoot them in a variety of targets and speeds. I will also mail it back. It would also be a great idea to pick 2 other regulars on the site to do the same.
    You made the claims of "never seen before" and, Technological advances. Regular guys on here if indeed your claims are true can move things along.

Old school bowhunter and Stalker like this.
  3. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

X2

x2

Old school bowhunter likes this.
  4. smong2000

smong2000 Active Member

Really interesting concept but I have to agree that I am concerned about the performance in a 400 fps crossbow like many of us have. Great idea about having adjustable weight as well. Let's see some unbiased real world testing please. I applaud you for providing jobs for our Veterans. Your website is quite good and very informative. I did notice on your video some pretty bad tears in the paper testing. Might be a good idea to do the same test with field points and make sure you have a well tuned setup then repeat with your heads.

5. Old Summit

Old Summit Senior Member

From what I read on their site. You can fill out a form, and you may get the product to test, if you are chosen. Can see how the blade opens at first from the force of being shot, then closes, but was wondering what force on the tip is needed to stay open. But would see were this head may be more for vertical xbow's were pass throughs are not as common as xbow's, for blood trailing. Not sure how much stabilization one would be getting from the head opening in the beginning of your shot. I guess all of these questions will be answered in the future as the product is testing by ppl out in the field and reviews are posted. Interesting concept.P.S. And believe Crappie-Tom would be one person for testing to move the conclusions along in this forum. jmo. with out a bias opinion.

6. crappie-tom

crappie-tom Well-Known Member

Well OS I filled out the form.lol We will see what happens over at the Matrix.

7. MorpheusX

MorpheusX New Member

All those interested in receiving a free sample of the product for field testing should enter their information in the form provided. A number of applicants from each geographic area will be chosen randomly. Thank you.

Old school bowhunter and Stalker like this.
  8. semperfi1970

semperfi1970 Member

Sounds interesting. What has me baffled is the pre deployment stabilization aspect in the shot cycle. How does it work? Sounds interesting for sure. Would love to give it a try.

9. kochie

kochie Active Member

There are a lot of things going on with that broadhead to much for me i like the kiss method myself

10. MorpheusX

MorpheusX New Member

The best person to answer that is the gentleman who designed it. His name is David. Shoot him an email. DJBelangerinnovations@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

11. bowdup

bowdup Active Member

I don't see anything that locks it open upon impact. It looks as though the only thing keeping the blades at full extension is the force applied to the tip of the ferrule. If the blades where to hit a more dense object than the tip then, it looks to me, that the blades would close.......am I missing something? :huh:

12. MorpheusX

MorpheusX New Member

I will answer this to the best of my ability. The designer would be the best resource. You are right that it does not lock in place. However, when the blades are deployed, the support arms work really well in keeping the blades supported; should they encounter a more dense object than the tip. Hope this helps answer your question.

13. Reverse Raptor

Reverse Raptor Active Member

To bad they don't come in 100 gr.

Old school bowhunter likes this.
  14. 22LR

22LR Active Member

Let me know how they work out. I am always trying new broadheads.