Thermacell INSLOES

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by kochie, Dec 29, 2013.

1. kochie

kochie Active Member

HAS ANYONE TRIED THESE THEY ARE WIRELESS AND ARE SUPPOSE TO KEEP YOUR FEET WARM?

2. mooweejbo

mooweejbo New Member

My hunting buddy purchased a pair and had the opportunity to use them this rifle season. It was bitterly cold here in Kansas and he said it was one of the best hunting gear investments he has made. He's typically is ready to leave the woods because his feet get so cold, his feet were very comfortable during our hunts and he's one happy hunter.

3. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Active Member

I'm curious to hear reviews on these as well. I've been eyeing them for a while.

4. Laelkhunter

Laelkhunter New Member

I haven't purchased them myself yet. I read some reviews, all positive. The biggest complaint is that they only last 4 hours at high heat, then need to be recharged. If you have them on low, they will last 6 to 8 hours. You can purchase a cigarette plug type charger to recharge them in your vehicle, but that is $20.00 extra.
    One of my concerns is that they will keep your feet warm, but if your feet sweat and the charge runs out, your feet will really get cold then. I found that out by wearing pac-boots. They have a very thick felt liner, and are rubber bottoms, so your feet stay warm, but they do sweat at high activity levels. Then, your feet really get cold when you stop moving around (like walking a long distance to your stand).
    The concept of the Thermacell insoles is a great idea, and when (if) they go on sale after hunting season, I will buy a pair, and just use them on low (or medium) to keep my feet warm but not hot enough to make them sweat.

5. jtcox

jtcox New Member

I've been looking at those, too.. kind of expensive but if they work and I can sit in the woods or on the ice longer it may be worth the money...anyone know of a good heated body suit? might as well stay warm as possible without 30lbs of clothing on

6. BigBowMan

BigBowMan Happy Member

I got them as a gift last christmas and they work awesome! Those times above are the rate if you leave them on. You only need to turn them on to warm your feet then shut them off. They come with a remote control. Don't forget that you still wear your normal hunting socks. My heaters last throughout my entire hunts with plenty of juice left in them when I get done hunting.

Sent from my cup on a string using Tapatalk Pro

msflatlander likes this.
  7. 7ultra

7ultra Member

KOCHIE YEAH I BOUGHT A PAIR BECAUSE OF POOR CIRCULATION IN MY FEET.THEY DO HELP JUST DONT EXPECT YOUR FEET TO GET HOT JUST BARELY WARM WHICH SEEMS TO BE ENOUGH.COMES WITH A SMALL RED REMOTE ABOUT THE SIZE OF A CIG LIGHTER. HAS 2 OR 3 SETTINGS FOR HEAT CANT REMEMBER NOW.I CAN TELL YOU FOR AN ALLDAY SIT YOU WILL HAVE TO KEEP TURNING THEM ON AND OFF BECAUSE BATTERY LIFE IS LIMITED.WEAR WITH APAIR OF ALPACA SOCKS YOULL BE GOOD TO GO,I UNDERSTAND WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT THERE WERE RECALLS ON THEM. APPARENTLY IF YOU DID A LOT OF WALKING IN THEM IT WAS BREAKING THE CONNECTION IN THE WIRING SOMEWHERE.I THINK THEY ARE PAST ALL THAT NOW BUT I DID SEE THEY HAVE A NEW MODEL OUT NOW.THE BATTERY SEEMS TO BE RIGHT UNDER YOUR HEEL.MINE ARE RECHARGABLE. GOOD LUCK

8. kochie

kochie Active Member

Thanks 7 ultra

9. msflatlander

msflatlander Senior Member

Sad thing is in time the batteries will wear out. I tried a pair that a friend had. I just ordered Steger Mukluks instead of the thermosoles. No batteries to worry about.

10. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

I tried the little hand warmer type that are made to stick to the bottom of your socks.I was skeptical that they would fall off or be uncomfortable bunching up etc.I was pleasantly surprised.I didn't do that much hiking but they stayed put and kept my feet worm the whole 4-5hr hunt.I figured worse case scenario I could put another set on but didn't need to.They might be a good back up for the thermocells if your batteries go dead.

11. Dancing Bear

Dancing Bear Member

I just boughy a couple of pairs of these from the Dollar store for $.99. They sell for $1.99 at the sporting goods stores around here. I have used the full insole sized ones and they work well but harder to find and are about $4/ pair.
    Don't know if I'm ready to spend $180 on the Therema cells just yet.

Old school bowhunter likes this.
  12. Stalker

Stalker Well-Known Member

The ones I bought weren't much and were not the hole insole but kept my feet worm.It wasn't real cold about 20 with no snow and my boots aren't that great.I was happy I bought them.

13. reko

reko Member

I've started uing the little hand warmer type toe warmers for my boots. I haven't needed them for my 1600 gram thinsulate boots but I've been able to wear my hiking boots, which are easier to walk in, and keep my feet warm with them down into the 20's. I don't peel off the backing which allows you to stick them in place cause it's a pain to get them out of the boot. I just lay them in position in the toes and insert feet.