toughest target, broadhead or practice tip

Discussion in 'Crossbow Target Shooting Room' started by irish1169, May 28, 2012.

1. irish1169

irish1169 Active Member

My predator has eaten my rhino block target in a really short amount of time. I am using g-5 strikers and grim reaper practice tips on it. I called the company and asked what gives, they told me it depends on the bow your using. A light bow will last longer, strong one will tear it up faster. That wasnt the impression they were giving off when i was researching targets. Of course they offered to sell me a new core for 50. I have read spyderwebs are good for practice tips, but i wont be using those. I have seen a few things on the blobs, but dont know how they are. Anyone own one? Any input would be appriciated.

2. bpat02385

bpat02385 Active Member

Take a look at the rhinehart 18-1, i've had one for 6 months and it's still stopping my slick tricks.

Gaz.JT and joe171 like this.
  3. joe171

joe171 Well-Known Member

Error

4. Farmer

Farmer Member

18 n 1 Rineheart is hard to beat . mine is several years old . 3 - 400 shots with broadheads and countless field points shot into it . Will still stop a 2216 with 125 magnus snuffer shot from my Exocet200 at 5 feet . No pass thru s yet .

5. Zrt1200

Zrt1200 Senior Member

I have also herd good things about the blob BH target and there is a new turnaable BH target from big shot targets that might be worth looking in to. I am waiting to here a report on it.

http://bigshottargets.com/id7.html

6. RickD

RickD Active Member

7. SmacD

SmacD New Member

I have the Bone Collector target that is designed for field points... I have a scorpyd ventilator 150 and plan on shooting Rage crossbow mechanical broadheads this season... Does anyone know if it is ok to shoot the practice broadhead (that doesn't open the blades) that comes in the 3 pack at the Bone Collector target?

Thanks...
    Steve

8. irish1169

irish1169 Active Member

I can tell you this, using grim reaper practice tips ate my rhino block, but i think if i had shot regular practice tips until it was closer to hunting i would have been ok. Im going to buy a spyder for field tips and use this for the reaper heads.

9. thirdhandman

thirdhandman Senior Member

Guys bag style targets and Spyder web targets are not intended for anything but fieldpoints period. Rinehart 18 in 1 and blob are good for broadheads and broadhead practice tips.

10. whistlepig

whistlepig Member

Shipping cost on a Blob isn't cheap. I have a Rinehart 18-1. Works very well with broad heads.

11. rbylo1

rbylo1 Member

I shoot the Rage practice broadhead into my Morrell target. It stops them, but after 2 years you can see where it tears it up. Practice points - it will give you years of target shooting - practice broadheads not too long.

12. fe1

fe1 Member

American Whitetail had or has the Blob for 100 bucks shipped. I really like mine.

13. whistlepig

whistlepig Member

The only blob that I could find for $100.00 shipped was a 24" x 24" x 8". My Rinehart 18-1 is 15" x 15" x 15" $97.00 shipped. I don't know if an 8" thick target would stop my broad heads.

14. fe1

fe1 Member

Whistlepig, I ordered a 24x24x8 but is more like 10" thick and it is stopping winged practice tips and Spitfires 125 gr.BH's at approx.375 fps.

whistlepig likes this.
  15. whistlepig

whistlepig Member

Thanks for the reply. I looked very hard at the blobs before ordering my Rinehart. The reviews on the blobs are very good. I sure like the 24" x 24" size on the blob verses the 15" x 15" size on my Rinehart 18-1.