Vibration dampeners

Discussion in 'Barnett Crossbows' started by firemedic396, May 19, 2010.

1. firemedic396

firemedic396 Senior Member

I have a Quad 400 that I have only shot 2-3 times so far. There are no complaints at the present time, but I was wondering if there are any problems using vibration dampening systems like the ones offered from SVL and others? Will this damage the split limbs or moving parts? Would this cause problems with shooting the crossbow? Would it void the warranty? I have used these before on my conventional compound bows and felt a degree of improvement in felt vibration and noise when I shot them. There's not a lot of noise right now, but if I can improve on that for hunting season, then I will take any advantage that I can get. Thanks in advance for any answers/opinions. Greg

2. Mike

Mike Senior Member

No...no problems installing "dampers" (no "n") when calling the proper name.

I've used Bowjax dampers with good results. I've tried three different brands, had the best luck with the Bowjax at dampening (action word) the vibration/noise.

Put them at the point of the largest vibration...e.g., nearest the end of the limbs as you can. The stock is also a good place.
    Wrap the foot sturrup with a coupla layers of rubber then tape to hold it in place.

Mike

3. websterz

websterz Member

"Couple of"... not "coupla". Easier to count when you use the proper name. :D

4. ezmoover

ezmoover Senior Member

Just got a set of Bowjax dampeners from UL. (He literally hand delivered those dampeners right to my front door! Thanks Jeff :))

Got the dampeners installed (piece o cake) and can't wait to shoot my bolts with those Bowjax dampeners.

I'll bet my heaviest bolts will help those new dampeners do an even better job. :D

5. cal45

cal45 Senior Member

Do I detect some sarcasm here?

two tines likes this.
  6. ezmoover

ezmoover Senior Member

:p

7. sikadear

sikadear Member

I have SVL's on my old Quad 300, and others I know with the 400 use them too to good effect. A newer Quad 400 AVI I shot was super quiet too.

8. firemedic396

firemedic396 Senior Member

Cool, thanks for the replies everyone. I'm gonna take a look at those BowJax dampeners and let y'all know what I decide on. Thanks! Greg

9. jopsa

jopsa Senior Member

10. Reverse Raptor

Reverse Raptor New Member

I bought the Sims 4 piece xbow kit ($24.99) which includes dampeners for -1 bolt retainer - 2 stirrup - 2 limbsavers - 2 super string leaches. I decided to get it because i liked how they worked on my split limb Jennings compound bow.As far as damaging your xbow no way. As far as the kit it works great but i will warn you that there are parts of the kit that you will have to reutilize or might not be able to use at all if you have a Reverse Draw xbow like my Raptor Reverse Draw. Reverse draw is a new concept in xbows and therefor there isn't that much out there on the market yet as far as things fitting the xbows like ( parts of limbsaver kits - xbow cases). Reverse Draw are much more compact than other xbows (everything's shorter) & some xbows like mine have the new style bolt retainer/suppressor. The F.B.R. (floating bristle retainer) most xbows have a plastic/metal tongue type bolt suppressor/retainer that you cant use a dampener on not a deal breaker or anything but it all fits & fit's better like (limbsaver kits - xbow cases ) on Compound & Recurve xbows than Reverse Draws.

11. 99fatboy

99fatboy Member

Reverse draw is nothing" new" , it's been around for quite some time, but it is a good system.

12. the Ranger

the Ranger Member

this thread was 6 years old. i think the original poster has probably moved forward in that time.

two tines likes this.