Parker limb failure

• Please log in to reply

#1 scumhunter

scumhunter

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

I was about to crawl into my tree today but when I cocked my Cyclone I heard a distinct "pop" and my Limbsaver flew off. I looked at my limb and it had two cracks running down it. I took it to Bass Pro and had them put it in a press to "let it down". Before they could get the string released it blew up.
I love my Cyclone and I bought Parker partly based on their reputation for customer service. In the next few days I'll either be Parkers biggest fan or a very bitter man. I have a bad case of blood lust and no meat missile device. I sure hope Parker gets me back in a tree quickly. With all my newly acquired "free time" I'll keep you all posted on my progress and let you know how Parker does.

CIMG9557.JPG

#2 maad

maad

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

Bad time for that the best hunting is coming soon. Hope you get it replaced soon.

#3 mopar1969

mopar1969

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:30 AM

Bad time for that the best hunting is coming soon. Hope you get it replaced soon.

Tough break. My son had limbs crack on a Praker spartan and they were fixed within the week.

#4 Unclebuck257

Unclebuck257

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

Thanks for posting the pics and I hope you get back in action real soon. Please keep us posted on how/what Parker says/does.

#5 Zrt1200

Zrt1200

• Members
  • 971 posts
  • LocationMId Michigan

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

Wow, I have not seen one cracked like that before. Sorry to see your bow is broken. I hope they get you up and hunting ASAP!! Let us know how long it takes.

#6 hunlee

hunlee

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Locationnorth side of river butt not far from big water.....MICHIGAN USA

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:08 PM

Hunlee is verry dissapointed to see you have broke limb on you crossbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Parker give lifetime warranty so you set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hunlee is allso proud ownership of a parker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunlee

#7 outrunner13

outrunner13

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Locationbrooksville fla

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:18 PM

sorry to here you xbow broke glad to here you are ok .good luck at getting it fixed quick

#8 scumhunter

scumhunter

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

It appears that progress is being made. As I mentioned before, I took my Parker Cyclone back to the Bass Pro Shop where I bought it. They said, I had to call Parker and make arrangements myself. The guys at BP did help me out by attempting to “let down” my cocked IED.

Today (Monday) I got on the phone and made contact with a Parker tech on the second call. He in turn told me that I needed to have Bass Pro contact them directly. I called back to Bass Pro and talked to a different guy in the archery department and told him the whole story. He asked for my phone number and he stated he would call me back. It was starting to smell like a “run around” but 20 minutes later he called and said my new limbs and new string would be shipped out today or tomorrow.

So far so good! BP didn’t know if Parker was express shipping the limbs but even if they don’t, I still might be back in my sniper post by the weekend. I’m still kind of holding my breath but things are looking up. :rolleyes:

#9 potshot

potshot

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

Wish you the best of luck getting it fixed. Sorry I was laughing at your misfortune but that story was great. Those are some ugly pics

#10 Unclebuck257

Unclebuck257

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

Basically, that's the exact same thing that Bass Pro Shops and Parker did to me with my broken stock butt section on my Cyclone. Big signs in our Bass Pro Shops to contact Parker directly, and NOT BP Shops, if you have a problem with one of Parker's Xbows, but when you do get a hold of Parker, they won't send anything directly to you and will only send it to the Bass Pro Shops people. Go figure!! Anyway, they shipped my part out pretty quick and I hope they do the same for you. BPS got the part in 3 days. AS soon as my part came in, the BPS people took care of replacing it immediately. Good Luck and please keep us apprised.

#11 kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:04 AM

I was steered from buying a cyclone by a local shop...they stated seeing limb failure similar to what is shown in the pictures where the cable anchors in the cutout where the cam is located instead of having a yoke anchor at the end of the limb; I hope parker gets you taken care of quickly and successfully...

personally, I saw a buck buster 175# with a limb that delaminated from the front surface in the middle starting at the cutout where the cam is located...same limbs as my terminator 175#; so far I have over 200 shots and no signs of failure; luckily parker has a limetime warranty against such workmanship failures

#12 scumhunter

scumhunter

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:43 AM

It is true......Parker has been having some limb issues. Customer service has no problem sending replacement limbs but it has to be more cost effective for Parker to work the bug out of the limbs! My new limbs arrived on Friday the 29th. I would have gone from failure to complete repair in 6-days, WAY TO GO PARKER! Unfortonately......when Bass Pro was putting my new limbs on, they discovered my cables were worn out, so now I am waiting for my new cables to arrive. I am very angery that I am out of the tree right now but shtuff happens. I could blame Parker but I won't. I love my Cyclone and Parker has stepped up and stood behind thier product. Can't wait to hunt but this down time is a nice break for the deer.....we all need a vacation once in a while. B)

#13 SEW

SEW

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

My dealer, Dennis Outdoors, Poplar Bluff, MO will do whatever it takes to get us back in the woods, including taking limbs off stock x-bows. If I were to walk in today with another broken limb, I'd expect to walk out with a functioning Parker x-bow within 30-60 minutes. How do I know? This has happened 3 times between my 150 and 175 Saf Mag. I shoot 438g minimum arrows/broadhead, and nock is always against string, etc. I shoot quite a bit. In spite of the breakages, I like my Saf Mag. Don't plan on getting rid of it. I would not have a Parker for my only x-bow.

#14 scumhunter

scumhunter

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:21 AM

One of the guys a BP said it would do the same but they didn't have any Parkers in stock. Just my luck! Well here I am at day 10, still without my Cyclone. If my calculations are correct, my cables should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully BP will get my baby up and running by the end of the day! :)

#15 galaxy06

galaxy06

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

Thats Crazy that happened.

#16 nboost

nboost

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

One of the guys a BP said it would do the same but they didn't have any Parkers in stock. Just my luck! Well here I am at day 10, still without my Cyclone. If my calculations are correct, my cables should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully BP will get my baby up and running by the end of the day! :)

I would have had viper cables and string put back on it.

#17 mopar1969

mopar1969

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

I had mine in less than a week parker sent the limbs pretty quick and I replaced the string as well. Sorry to hear your troubles.

Also, my sons stirrup broke last Sat evening, I called parker direct on Mon morning had a new one by Wed no charge.

Parker is in VA I think so it is quick turnaroudn to PA i guess.

I would have bought a cheap crossbow as a backup by now.

Hope you are back up soon!

#18 scumhunter

scumhunter

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Well here I am day 13 without my Cyclone. Just got off the phone with Bass Pro and my cables still haven’t arrived. I called Parker earlier and they said my cables were mailed out on Nov. 2nd. This is upsetting because Parker said they would ship out the cables on Friday the 29th. I suspected that they might not get to it until Monday Nov. 1st but they didn’t ship them until Nov. 2nd. I guess this I wouldn’t call this bad customer service any other time but Parker should be aware that the rut is here! Now in all likelihood I won’t see cables until Monday the 8th. To top it off, Parker gave me the tracking number but the USPS website says the number is not valid. I’m trying to keep it together but my frustration is building fast.

#19 scumhunter

scumhunter

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

Well I got my bow back yesterday (Nov. 9th) and it appears to be shooting fine. It has been a long, frustrating road back to my treestand. Here is a synopsis on the repair of my Cyclone.

Oct 24th: Limb cracked. Took it to Bass Pro (where I bought it) for repair. Bass Pro told me that I needed to contact Parker directly.

Oct 25th: Called parker and they told me Bass Pro had to contact them directly. I then called back to Bass Pro and they called Parker. Parker agreed to ship out new limbs.

Oct 29th: Bass Pro received my new limbs from Parker. As Bass Pro was installing new limbs they discovered that the cables were also failing. (I’m not sure what was wrong with them, but he said he would not put them back on the bow) Bass Pro called Parker and they agreed to send new cables.

Nov 2nd: Parker reportedly shipped out the new cables (that were ordered on the 29th)

Nov 8th: After repeated calls to Parker and Bass Pro, still no cables. It is unknown if my cables never actually got shipped, if they got lost in the mail or if Bass Pro has misplaced them. I called back to Parker and shared my frustration with them. Parker agreed to EXPRESS SHIP new cables to my house. I stopped by Bass Pro to have them check for my cables again and to tell them I had another set of cables coming to my house. The guy in the archery dept. attempted to appease my frustration by assuring me he would pull the cables off a new Cyclone if he had one in stock….."but I don’t." I then pointed out the Tornado he had on display and informed him it had the came cables as the Cyclone. He agreed to pull them off and put them on my x-bow.

Nov 9th: Back in my treestand with my Cyclone!!!!!

Nov. 10th: Received my express shipment from Parker.

I still like my Cyclone but I am disappointed in how Parker handled this incident. I am also unsatisfied with how Bass Pro handled this repair. They don’t seem to know much about x-bows and they need to step up their game. Nebraska just legalized x-bow hunting and the market is going to explode. New buyers are not going to get the quality x-bow assistance they deserve from this particular B.P. I might be upset with the USPS too. They may have lost my cables but I’ll never know for sure.

If I experience another situation like this, I’ll be making some serious changes in my weaponry and outfitter.

#20 Guest_vixenmaster_*

Guest_vixenmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

Sorry to hear of all yer trouble with CB, with compounds might be good to have a 2nd one around so you can continue to hunt